• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronweasley

Broken In
can anyone clarify this myth for me?

"mobile phones are harmful for the human brain"

"cheap mobile phones are EVEN MORE HARMFUL"

"high end mobile phones have features that filter out the harmful ""radiations"" "

frankly speaking. i dont believe in any of the above, but i want a public opinion.

thanks

PS: participate in the poll

Pathik

Google Bot
who cares.. I dont mind a few minutes off my life 4 a lifetime of mobility... Btw afaik this research done was proved crap few days ago

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. All mobile phones are harmful for human brain due to radiations.
GSM handsets are more harmful than CDMA. GSM mobile release 2 Watts of radio waves which are harmful if exposed for long period. On the other hand CDMA releases 1 Watt, which is less harmful.

The best way to tackle or minimize this is:

*avoid speaking for long period on mobile. Speaking more than a hour in a stretch is very harmful. If at all it is needed, use a handsfree set.

*Don't grasp the mobile in mobile reception area i.e mobile top portion where signals are transmitted & received. Touching those area's increases radiation exposure.

*Use handsets which follow the specifications set for the radiation emission.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Mobile emit Radio waves for receiving & transmitting signals . These radio waves are harmful if exposed for long duration. The exposure increases if the mobile is kept close to brain. These waves damage the cells of human brain causing brain tumour or cancer.

Regarding certification of mobile company, you can refer the catalog/specification booklet given by the manufacturer.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ofcourse taarwala phone is always good. But if you wanna mobility, use mobile with handsfree for long duration conversation. No problems at all. You are safe. :)

Pathik

Google Bot
wtf.... There ws also a report that if u keep ur cell in ur trouser pocket u ll bcom infertile due to the radiations... Wd u believe all such crap :?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Yes. That is also true! These are not crap. This is a fact and scienfifically proven. Otherwise there was not need to set the Radiation Certification.

DipDaWiz

Broken In
All mobile's radiation depends on their SAR(Specific Absorption Rate) value. and unit for this is W/kg (watts per kilogram). as per FCC (www.fcc.gov/cgb/sar) its safe if this radiation is upto approx. 1.6W/kg. Most new mobiles from SonyEricssion is ~0.86 W/kg that is for Data calls and ~0.68 W/kg when on voice calls. Other mobile companies also mentioned about the SAR for their mobile in their site and also in the manual. You can download your phone model's test result from the FCC site/manufacturer's site.

Now, if FCC is right about their findings (1.6W/kg is safe) we dont have anything to worry. But its radiation that might not good anyway.
Mobile is a very new gadget - hardly couple of decades (12 years in India). and its radiation effect may be seen after many years. Or may be FCC is right and its totally safe and this mobile radiation is negligible to damage our cells. Or may be it depends person to person. So I dont think its a time to say a concrete conclusion on this.

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Yes they have to be harmful, just imagine putting your head in a Microwave. But the intensity is very low and may not harm every one. But finally WHO CARES

K

krazyfrog

I once saw an experiment an a web site in which two scientists put two regular cell phones back to back and between them they kept an egg. Then they called from the first cell to the second and kept the call active between the two phones with the egg between them. After around 50 minutes, the egg was cooked (it looked similar to when you boil it, i.e. its shell could be peeled off and a solid egg was found inside). I don't remember the name of the site. I think it was India technology or something.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
pathiks said:
wtf.... There ws also a report that if u keep ur cell in ur trouser pocket u ll bcom infertile due to the radiations... Wd u believe all such crap :?
yup i had also read abt this report in the news paper .... it was loooooong back ... i remember coz wen i told 1 of my frenz he stopped using his fone for a month then realised tht life is boring and difficult at times

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I would like to clarify some misconceptions here:

*Using mobile is not a problem- Use it with handsfree for more than a 45min of continous conversation. For normal use 15-20 min conversation, you don't need a handsfree. Without it is also safe.

*Keep the mobile in a side pouch-attached to belt. At that distance, radiation can't do any harm to testis.

Mobile radiations are harmful at close distances(around 10Cm) to the sensitive tissues of our body. At more distance, our outer body tissues can absorb that radiation avoiding it going further into the body.

So, use mobile sensibly and stay happy.

G

gxsaurav

what the.......

i m switching to PCO :D. But it's adviced always to use mobile in less ammount

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
krazyfrog said:
I once saw an experiment an a web site in which two scientists put two regular cell phones back to back and between them they kept an egg. Then they called from the first cell to the second and kept the call active between the two phones with the egg between them. After around 50 minutes, the egg was cooked (it looked similar to when you boil it, i.e. its shell could be peeled off and a solid egg was found inside). I don't remember the name of the site. I think it was India technology or something.
Is that true???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom