Mysterious Call from +918040228400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

Its strange. My father is getting a mysterious call from +918040228400 on his cell phone.

When he attend the call, no voice comes and after a few seconds the call ends.

When he tried to call back, it says "The no. doesnt exist". :confused:

Whats the matter? Can some one throw some light?

slugger

Banned
maybe ur service provider can help u triangulate d location from wer it was made

but no starts with 80, never seen dat

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well, analysing that number... its an airtel landline number from bangalore. lemme see if i can get more details about it, vishal.

edit: i checked the number, vishal. the call doesn't get completed. after the dialing there is cont. beeping and nothing else. no ring, no engage tone, no msgs. jus cont. beeps. strange!!

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
i got such rings in daily manner.most of them rings two or three and disconnects :? and many of those got connected will say "Hello Maashe!" and asks for something and blah blah to get something activated for eg: cricket etc.if i dial these numbers in return same experiance as Original poster's.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
There are so many sites now which allow the incoming no to be altered,A friend of mine uses this,when he calls someone instead of showing his no, caller id shows some others no which he used to register...usually some of my other friends no

govind@PH4

Broken In
This may be due to the use of some software installed on caller's mobile.
Caller dials the no., a random no. is generated, which is displayed on mobile which is dialled. So the person (called) receives the call from number, which does not really exist. This whole process takes place through GPRS.

shashank4u

Youngling
someone is calling from the internet voip then only ..it would say "the no doesn't exist" because temporary no. are assigned to them who makes call via Voip..

shashank_re

In the zone
cyberboy_kerala said:
There are so many sites now which allow the incoming no to be altered,A friend of mine uses this,when he calls someone instead of showing his no, caller id shows some others no which he used to register...usually some of my other friends no

Any example?

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
this is the VoiP no coming to you, routed by , some misc VoiP provider which don't have voip or ITSP license, they send the confrence ID, in the cli no field, previously this ID used to be anywere between 4 to 6 digit, now as mobile co dosn't provide POI to them (because of pressure form TRAI), they shifted it to 10 digit, now the telecom co in india when receive a CLI without +(contery code) they prefix +91 in it.
they do it because they also route there isd calls through VoiP (with the concenses of TRI), to save on money.
anyway if you receive a call with
either
80,85, +80,+85,9180,+9185, with ending 0 or 2 , and if there is no return path, that is a voip call.
and at the last we have to live with it as the the peoples forwarding the call to the mobile co's POI is also providing that co the POI in that country were the call is routed from.
and that lamba sannata is due to some mis configured the voip device for testing.
in us and uk people have these kind of call on regular basis, thanks to small call centers in india, pakistan, philipeens etc, were some people is either configuring or customizing the dialers from the leads(no's) provided by us/uk provider and dialing that no, or some misbehaving dialer were the rx and tx packets becomes one way or the levels are drop down too much.

Last edited:

αNerd

Right off the assembly line
@abhasbajpai from your title it looks you love asterisk...you seem to have lots of knowledge of SIP, VOIP and all.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
abhasbajpai from your title it looks you love asterisk...you seem to have lots of knowledge of SIP, VOIP and all.
i am working on VoiP, sip, asterisk and vicidial for last 3 years

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
VG yaar very simple one :D

Go to ur netwoork Settings Call Divert now any phone select divart all voice calls to Manuall number, now input one BSNL land line number which doesnt exists !!!

:D

Thats it, now when ever some one calls u will hear IVRS playing back, the number u have dial doesnt exists, please check the number with .... Blah Blah :D

:)

test and post back whether it works like same way which u are faicing

:lol:

slugger

Banned
Choto Cheeta said:
Thats it, now when ever some one calls u will hear IVRS playing back, the number u have dial doesnt exists, please check the number with .... Blah Blah

dats al rite d00d but wen u call up d no it gets disconnected immediatley wit no vox heard [actually i called up d no 2 c ;)]

dunno much abt VOIP [actually abt anythin] but abhasbajpai's post sounds convincin

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
It cud b some virus no. Some moblie viruses exist. They call you and when u recv. 'em they damage ur SIM and handset. Handset bcomes useless thereafter. Don't ask proofs coz there was an email about this to my dad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom