my take on lg optimus 2x

borax12

the dotmaster
from my blog on all things android and tech-TechTurning: My take on the LG Optimus 2X-borax12 tech turns

Satisfying the ever so increasing thirst for technology fan boys, seems a daunting task at first ,but then out of the blue,there comes a single product of insane tech manifestation that you simply cant resist drooling over .....

pretty hard hitting ain't it.....what! 'the above lines' friends.I officially declared my love for android when things on the android platform grew up to proportions that had easily beaten the **** out of those neatly packed white grapes(could have been apples though)!!!

Lg optimus 2x ,also known as the Lg star,is a major leap in the direction of smartphones(in correct comprehension) rather it is another milestone in the android phone segment.

firstly, this thing can drive horses wild with its speed.Though,the phones in the last 3 years saw a major step up in the processing power both in raw speed and numbers(1 ghz has become a defacto these days,but the things are a bit different here),this beast has a dual core nvidia tegra 2 proccessor.The primary advantage of this processor is to cut down processing time(really didn't have a clue this was the reason)required for switching to and fro between the landscape and portrait mode and allow the viewing of full hd videos.

I know that simple written text doesnt prove this so here is the benchmark result(courtesy zomtech)

The next thing that amazes me ,is its graphics capabilities.With the shift from casual gaming to more serious gaming on the mobile platform,the android phone segment,in particular,is growing really fast these days.

More complex the game gets,more proceesing power and better the gpu it requires and i can confidently say that the gaming on the go is now simply been rewritten by two big names -Andoid and apple.

Lg star/optimus 2x, now housing the nvidia tegra 2 processor has probably the highest gaming capabilities as of now.The tegra 2 HD games now add to the roster of quality games in the android library thus making it comparable to the games on the ios. The gaming experience on the optimus 2x is enhanced by not only the gpu but heir touch sensors as well.They use a touch sensor called the Atmel Maxtouch

Coming to the display,the display is crisp and smooth and extremely good to look at.The resolution of the screen is 480X800 pixels.the size of the display being- 4'' and its a size that totally agree with as i certainly dont want to look like a drab holding the phone near my ears.

Though the display is not in the leagues of those super amoled displays,but a 16 M color TFT.Ah!! i don't care what my display looks in the daylight when i can overpower nations with this device(look at my face don't i look like an android addict).Hey no wait!! this device has an IPS panel (in plane switching )screen ,so yes you can use this device in freaking sunlight too :)

Talking about the other hardware on board,one thing that comes to my mind is the internal storage.8 gigs of onboard flash storage,now - i support the theory of large internal storage as they are not vulnerable and certainly doesn't force me to buy those extra sd cards .(though i doubt ,other models will have more storage or not.)

The camera is a whopping 8 mp camera with a LED flash and also with full hd recording capabilities(die kony,die danon,die sodac)
with fast phot processing modes like hdr ,bloom ,panaroma and burst mode,Sweet ,eh!!

The design of the phone is sleek and nice.The front is clean and the glass on both the sides is sightly tapered to give it the curvy finish.The back has majority of plastic with the matte finish.A noticeable feature is the metal band that runs from the back to the camera module.the entire phone is housed in a metallic structure to give it the classy look and rigidity

You can also output your display to the big screen via the hdmi port and there is also a cable included in the box.The browser also supports flash and the optimus 2x is the first phone to have gpu accelerated flash that gives the best flash experience on the web .The connectivity options include 3g HSDPA and bluetooth 2.1+ER with the usual wifi b/g/n.(unfortunately no 4g)

So to sum up everything.ITS HOT!!! DAMN HOT!!!.The phone houses some of the most amazing hardware and boasts of the best near-desktop experience in the terms of processing power and number crunching,The phone is definitely a treat for those yearning to have everything on their phone(literally everything).

"Hey dear,hand me over my lg optimus 2x please .I am off for my world tour. "

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
sam.shab will like this... post it on his profile...or send pm... he is gonna buy it soon...

hey,seems he has changed his decision now anyways....and theres a hell lotta time left when lg plans to release it here.Indian market doesn't adore phones >3.5'' (except apples)strange but true

sam.shab is gonna go bonkers

what is price in INR? Is it officially available here?

gave the answer to gaurav above mate,not so early brother,see how they tortured us for that optimus one.Had to buy the micromax andro in the hurry

no. Gaurav messed it up. i am planning (since 1 month) to get LG O1 not the 2X.

good choice sam,esp after xda declared an official section for p500, there has been a lot of android development for this one..so no worries of course(800 mhz successful stable overclock,amazing)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its not that i can't afford the X2 but 30-35k on a mobile? i'll better spend 20k on upgrading my PC & the rest on 15k on a mobile. for me a good balance of performance, application support, usability & battery backup matters. what i'll do with a mobile if it runs out of battery juice even before i able to reach home. also can't sacrifice the performance & app support to get good battery life. that way Nokia C6 looks far better. but i am hell bent on getting Android. haven't owned a Symbian mobile yet, nor will i buy one in future.

also about OC, i think 600Mhz enough, except those who wants play some really heavy without any lag. 700Mhz looks perfect (for those who like to treat their mobile like a PC, yes me included).

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
yup 30k is really a lot.

Angry Birds is paid for andro devices too? Or is it free.I am talking about full version.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Awesome take buddy.

@thetechfreak i don't think it will debut for 30k. should be around 27k-28k. Angry Birds is free on android and on Ovi. Angry Birds - Android Market

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Awesome take buddy.

@thetechfreak i don't think it will debut for 30k. should be around 27k-28k. Angry Birds is free on android and on Ovi. Angry Birds - Android Market

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
damn! I am missing it. I have to pay USD 1 in iTunes market to get in my iPod which sucks.
Windows user has to pay USD 5? Just unfair!

Thanks for info desibond.

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
its not that i can't afford the X2 but 30-35k on a mobile? i'll better spend 20k on upgrading my PC & the rest on 15k on a mobile. for me a good balance of performance, application support, usability & battery backup matters. what i'll do with a mobile if it runs out of battery juice even before i able to reach home. also can't sacrifice the performance & app support to get good battery life. that way Nokia C6 looks far better. but i am hell bent on getting Android. haven't owned a Symbian mobile yet, nor will i buy one in future.

also about OC, i think 600Mhz enough, except those who wants play some really heavy without any lag. 700Mhz looks perfect (for those who like to treat their mobile like a PC, yes me included).
x

yeah ,thats true actually,but if you had the money ,this would have been the phone you would have definitely gone for ,right?

and yeah ,upgrading the pc is any day an intelligent thing to do

regarding the choice for a suitable phone platform,i have been using the symbian for about 5 years and still dont find any qualms with it.First it was the nokia n72 that i was totally hooked to and then came the 5230( which btw i have modded to get the c6 rom,so you see no point getting the c6,for only the UI)
but now i believe the symbian has lived its life ,either it has to go through a fresh makeover or simply give way to meego.so please i advice you to not step into the symbian bandwagon.

the battery backup of lg optimus 1 is really good(1500 mAH)

and yeah if you dont want to overclock totally your choice but was just reminding you that android has a lot of room to expand in comparison to other OS

Awesome take buddy.

hey thanks mate.Your blog is pretty nice...see mine-TechTurning
and i suppose the price of the lg optimus 2x is going to be a little bit higher than that, looking at the pricing of the galaxy s on its introduction

damn! I am missing it. I have to pay USD 1 in iTunes market to get in my iPod which sucks.
Windows user has to pay USD 5? Just unfair!

Thanks for info desibond.

yeah thats pretty unfair actually ,with the pricing on the android being more competitive this is actually not just

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Angry Birds is paid for andro devices too? Or is it free.I am talking about full version.

free but ad supported (not know what that means. don't ask me)

yeah ,thats true actually,but if you had the money ,this would have been the phone you would have definitely gone for ,right?

in life: 1st PC, than mobile & than girl :mrgreen: will upgrade PC first. than will wait till WMC.

regarding the choice for a suitable phone platform,i have been using the symbian for about 5 years and still dont find any qualms with it.First it was the nokia n72 that i was totally hooked to and then came the 5230( which btw i have modded to get the c6 rom,so you see no point getting the c6,for only the UI)

yes. Symbian was good & was the only easy to use platform (cause Androids only existed in Dragon ball Z). it still is, but mobiles like Nokia X6 or C6. waste of money basically. though you get lot of inbuilt space but more space or higher pixel count in camera not going to work always.

but now i believe the symbian has lived its life ,either it has to go through a fresh makeover or simply give way to meego.so please i advice you to not step into the symbian bandwagon.

Meego will take time to get market attention but it'll eventually. mainly cause it'll be avl only in the highend mobile, which not everyone can buy & the lowerend or midrange will continue with Symbian ^3 (it'll be a joke if they continue with half dead S60s in the 10k-12k mobiles).

the battery backup of lg optimus 1 is really good(1500 mAH)

could have been better. i heard the new Galaxies that sport a 1350mAh battery with almost same screen size competes easily with LG O1. HTC should learn a thing or two about battery from Nokia-Samsung.

hey thanks mate.Your blog is pretty nice

i like the 5 different peoples (based on mobile usage) article. absolutely spot on. Nokia fans, will always be nokia fans (so will the iOS ones).

and i suppose the price of the lg optimus 2x is going to be a little bit higher than that, looking at the pricing of the galaxy s on its introduction

quite possible. Dell Venue launched for 30k (avl for 28.*k). looking at the specs or comparing with SGS, one can only laugh at dell. someone wake the tin box maker.

Top Bottom