My system reboots with/with out warning.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srguduru

Right off the assembly line
I use a PC with mercury mother board PIII 733 MHz 256 SDRAM 20GB HDD with windows XP. All the while ( almost close to 4 years) :D it worked well. Suddenly it starts giving a notice :( on a blue screen that windows encountered a problem. I did formatting with dual booting OS windows98 on C drive and XP on E drive. Windows98 is working well and i ve no problem. But to my demise XP is rebooting again in few minutes of booting but without any notice this time. How do I solve this problem? I ve refered to few local experts but no result.

I am a novice in this field. i use PC for internet browsing for e- books, mails and chat etc.
plz help me. :roll:

Thanks in advance

Sri

anandk

Distinguished Member
can u pls tell what does the blue notice say ?
when does it happen? within few minutes of start-up ? anytime? or only when u r on the internet ? did u install any new programs ?

babumuchhala

In the zone
i think u got urself infected with virus on XP. do a complete scan and see.

plus clean ur cpu cabinet with brush and also ur RAM contact points this will surely help

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
I too have the similar problem, but uninstalling some softwares related to the internet and doing a system checkup and registry cleanup using 'System mechanic' and then reinstalling those softwares i uninstalled, solved my problem. And howover if it is a legal copy of Windows XP, then updating it with the service pack 2 may solve the problem most probably. :?

anomit

In the zone
Try pressing F8 just after ur BIOS screen disappears and you would be presented with some options. There may be an option like "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Then see what the error message says and if possible post a screenshot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom