My Sony Xperia P Review - A great masterpiece!

diagus

Journeyman
went to a store and they quoted 16k for xperia p the same thing selling in ebay they
say these are smuggled ones from singapore so no sony india warranty

Hrishi

THe specs are good enough for a phone under 17k . specially the QHD display and 1GIgs of Ram.

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
went to a store and they quoted 16k for xperia p the same thing selling in ebay they
say these are smuggled ones from singapore so no sony india warranty

Yes these are from Singapore or dubai.. No manufacture warranty.. Even nexus n other w/o bill wala phones too..

acervenky

Broken In
Nice Review mate.
But our device scores 2900+ on quadrant(Not on stock,its unreleased Vision Rom v3) :-D
Take a look here
8047665244_296e691c48.jpg
I have made many Roms for Xperia P,U,Sola,Go and also I am planning to build roms for Xperia Tipo,Miro and J.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Nice Review mate.
But our device scores 2900+ on quadrant(Not on stock,its unreleased Vision Rom v3) :-D
Take a look here
View attachment 7577
I have made many Roms for Xperia P,U,Sola,Go and also I am planning to build roms for Xperia Tipo,Miro and J.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

that's great buddy..can u provide the link to the rom?? also which kernal u used??

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

You Can Search on XDA-Developers.Looks like you are not much into custom roms.
And I am using ThJap's Kernel(1GHz OnDemand Deadline)
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

yeah...i saw ur vision rom thread on xda forum on that day itself when u posted score.. :D
well, this is my first android..so haven't done these things by myself yet..but keenly want to learn n do these stuffs soon..as for now, sony releasing jb update in q3..so want to try that first..they MAY BE releasing 4.2 as well..but won't get 5.0 klp update for sure..also, cm10 hasn't come out yet for entire xperia lineup except few devices..so waiting for that too..:) wanted to know if i flashed cm rom on a device, will i be able to update sony's official rom in future?? through any bootloader relocking process??

Last edited:

acervenky

Broken In
yeah...i saw ur vision rom thread on xda forum on that day itself when u posted score.. :D
well, this is my first android..so haven't done these things by myself yet..but keenly want to learn n do these stuffs soon..as for now, sony releasing jb update in q3..so want to try that first..they MAY BE releasing 4.2 as well..but won't get 5.0 klp update for sure..also, cm10 hasn't come out yet for entire xperia lineup except few devices..so waiting for that too..:) wanted to know if i flashed cm rom on a device, will i be able to update sony's official rom in future?? through any bootloader relocking process??
Yes.You Can Update your phone by flashing official .ftf using flashtool.
CM10 still has time because CM9 still has bugs.
Regards,
acervenky,
XPT

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Excellent review. BTW You know a lot of Abhisheks :O

LOL..ya..kinda many abhisheks are there.. :D and thanks for your feedback on review.. :)

@acervenky bro, gonna flash device soon for the first time..will need ur guidance..hope u dont mind..:)

Sangram

Broken In
Hi Bhushan,

Nice review, Even i was worried about the 1320 mAH battery But my friend has Xperia P & it easily lasts for a day which is enough.

BTW as you have bought your phone without BILL, so can you get it repaired from SONY service center. Somebody told me that If you are buying phones without BILL then service center guys don't repair it...

I am thinking of buying one without BILL...T

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Hi Sangram,
thanks for ur reply..

it's actually a tough question to answer...;) first thing, 99% nothing happens to the branded phone within a year (now don't ask about that 1% xD)..problem starts after it..that too depends on our handling..n i guess if such internal problems occur they will charge heavy for warranty-less phones..but u surely gotta do some maska..

about the battery..the capacity of battery is indeed low compared to similar specs phones but not at all pathetic as everyone shouting..u can get backup of a day sure..m gonna buy powerbank soon..why to ignore such masterpieces because of just one drawback..btw let me tell u it's one of the fastest charging battery..matters a lot when u want to go outside in hurry..:)

so which phone u buying?? optimus L9 too is a strong competitor for 20k price bracket..

Last edited:

Sangram

Broken In
Hi Sangram,
thanks for ur reply..

it's actually a tough question to answer...;) first thing, 99% nothing happens to the branded phone within a year (now don't ask about that 1% xD)..problem starts after it..that too depends on our handling..n i guess if such internal problems occur they will charge heavy for warranty-less phones..but u surely gotta do some maska..

so which phone u buying?? optimus L9 too is a strong competitor for 20k price bracket..

I am buying it from SINGAPORE & yes i will get the BILL ..But i am not sure about the sony has international warranty or not..
I am getting this phone in 14K (in Singaporean dollars)
So i am looking forward..

shuhailnp

Journeyman
Hi
i m thinking of purchasing this phone for rs 15000 , but i wanted to know something .
does it have any screen freeze issue faced by like some xperia p users facing.
does it play 720p videos in s/w mode and hardware mode ?
how is the camera quality , is it better than s2 ?

Top Bottom