My PC is Infected Please Help...

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
as you said every time you restart time changes.. It means you need to change cmos battery.. just get a new one and then your date will be saved in memory when you turn your comp off..

anyway when you start your comp.. what date does it show.. I mean past date or future..(I love your comp which shows future.. :p :grin:)

Initially when all this started it used to show the year 2020. These days it is showing 2014.Anyway I've thought of changing CMOS battery too.
But today as of now when I've started the system the date was accurate except the time which was off.

* Scan your PC with: Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
* Change CMOS

Everything will be fine... else throw.... :lol:

I'm downloading the Software now..Hope it is not too command based. Otherwise I'll be stuck :p

Check the time in BIOS , and shut it down for a while. Now switch it on and check the time once again in BIOS .
If they are all the way same(~) , its gotta be your CMOS cell.
You can simply rule out the existence of any virus behind this if you get above results.

Btw , I was wondering that do we need to mention the AM/PM thing when using a 24H time clock.

Ohkey will try this now..
I guess we do not mention AM/PM when in 24 Hrs format :)

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hey sorry for replying late. Actually I found a 64-bit version of combo fix. Ran it in safe mode and also changed the CMOS battery.

So no problem ever since. :D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hey sorry for replying late. Actually I found a 64-bit version of combo fix. Ran it in safe mode and also changed the CMOS battery.

So no problem ever since. :D

Combo fix...that means it was virus issue

clmlbx

Technomancer
virus . I thought so as cmos battery problem will show you past date most accurately time when your motherboard was manufactured not future as was in your case.

good to know problem solved