my new budget amd pc build(please help improve it)

borax12

the dotmaster
hey guys ..i ma planning to buy a pc very soon(maybe in a few weeks time)

i have planned on the following config....please advice me on the improvements to this setup or any other suggestions....i am open to all kkinds of comments....

this setup is specifically for gaming and digi imaging stuff...so please keep that in mind and advice....

proc-amd phenom 2 940 be

mobo asus m4a87td evo usb 3

ram -probably corsair or kingston ddr3 1333mhz or 1066(any would do)4gb

hdd -500gb or if budget permits 1 tb wd or seagate 7200.12

gpu-msi or xfx 5770

display-aoc 2036fsa 20 "(buying this as there is a hdmi port on this one..lg or samsung ones dont have..though the res is 1600X...but that doesnt mattere to me...plus this one has a killer pricing....6K..wow)

case-probably a cm elite 430 or nzxt gamma(i will have to bargain alot as my budget permits me spending only 2K on my case...so hope that helps)

psu -corsair 400w (probably the CX one...as this one has one single 12v rail...thats why..also the fps supplies are looking good and are also at a good pricing but dont know about the reliability so thus resting on a corsair...

ups-apc 500va...s

i don't need the speakers and dvd drive right now....so please also take that into account

PS-my overall budget is 33-35K..

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
what advantages do hdmi port have over normal dvi?
samsung b2030 may be a good choice(dvi port)
ups should be apc 550va atleast
650va if you can go for it(auto turn off function)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
avoid asus, get gigabyte or msi.
get 650va ups at least

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

get vx450w..

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
ya it does fit in my budget....and regarding the mobo....i find the asus bios to be better.....also even if have to settle for the msi board...it will be a matx board...and i kinda hate m-atx mobos....so thats anothr reason....also if gigabyte is the way to go for me then it would be the ga-870a ud3....but i have no idea on the bios by gigabyte...do cant say much on it..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Which PSU you get, make sure it has two PEG connectors and the EPS 12V connector is long. If you get a bottom mount PSU cabinet, it should reach the CPU section.

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
ya the corsair psu is apt...with decent length.....also please suggest me an 8XX mobo upto 6-7K....and is asus better or gigabyte

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ is it? oh yes. its an AM2+ part. and is discontinued now. so borax got 2 options. either 955 or 635. cause X4 945 isn't so easily available.

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
ya got it people....i had totally overlooked the compatibilty of the ram wwith the cpu...i will therefore try to either look for the 955 be in the best bargain possible or just stay witht the athlon 2 x4 635....thanks a lot people...any other changes u see..or wish to suggest please do so...and yeah what abt the monitor and the gpu and psu...please advice

OP
borax12

borax12

the dotmaster
whats the price of the 550w u are suggesting and also the cheapest 768 mb 460...(i am talking the least price..and as this wil be a build using parts bought from hardware stores and not online shops...so please give the retail prices (can be after a bit of bargaining also)

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Guys ... Hows the MSI mobo ... I was planning on getting Asus M4A88T-M for Rs 6750
or M4A785TD-V Evo for Rs 6850
I also got across MSI 880GMA-E45 and it costs less ....

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
550w should be around 4.8k
gtx460 768mb around 12k
jas maybe you shouldn't recommend gtx 460
seeing the bitter experience and trouble TKIN had to undergo
with PALIT GTX 460 Sonic Platinum
which incidentally is the flagship product in the gtx 460 series by palit

the rest aren't as recommendable either!
but op can try his luck with EVGA,MSI,Gigabyte if available
but they charge a hefty premium

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
why? what happened.....

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

ok read about his heating issue and missing heatsink....but thats the issue with palit dude...
and i never told borax to get palit..zotac, evga are good ones..

Top Bottom