My N70 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
From Last 3 days my N70 is not getting any signal. Remaining all functions working properly.

What could be the problem. Is the antenna damaged...can it be repaired...Helpp:(

Else I have to purchase a new mobile:rolleyes:

sam_1710

Youngling
did you try restarting the mobile, sometimes network gets jammed and you need to restart mobile!!

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
noo network is not the problem...I even changed to default setting(formated)

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
what is 3 key method...i tried some code which directly set it to original factory settings

praka123

left this forum longback
^^^
hold the following 3 keys together :
1. the green call key
2. the number 3 key
3 the * key
hold all three together and while holding press the power button. now you have to hold all four keys till your phone powers up completely and shows the standby screen. you'l have a brand new phone.
source:
*answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071030003114AAdyVA8

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Are you sure it's the mobile phone & not the USIM which is the issue? Did you try the SIM card in another mobile phone just to be sure?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Yes. The problem could be with the SIM or with the service provider. I too sometimes get some problem with the network in monsoon. You should try your SIM in other phone or use another SIM in your phone before attempting stuff like formatting.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
no friend the sim is fine...i am using it in my sony ericsson old phone...its fine...no problem

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Try using some other SIM in your phone from some other network operator.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
currently I have put my vodaphone card in it...no signal:confused:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hmmm... I guess your N70 can now officially be declared dead. :D Get it fixed from the Nokia service centre.

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Although I will replace it with LG viewty or N82 soon...but still I want to repair it...lets see what Nokia people say:cool:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
they charge 250+ /- for even the simplest task :(

OP
sujoyp

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yaar I got it for 20k even if it takes 1000 bucks its fine:(

tuxfan

Technomancer
My N70 too went dead (well almost). :(

At night it was working ok, when I saw it in the morning the display was all bad. Restarting, change SIM, change battery -- nothing worked :( Service center asks for 2.5k and guarantee of just a month after repairs. Just took a new cell but have kept the old one due to data stored in it. Will still try to recover it. Contacts have come in new cell. Bluetooth worked in old!

I too took it for around 21k. So probably we took it at the same time. Does N70 have a 2 yr life span?

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
If its dead, let it rest in peace.. Cellphone life are condition based.. If u way too much they get spoiled, or if u use it seldom they get spoiled.. I don't think Nokia guys will even try to repair it, though u cud take to some freelance repair shop..

Status
Not open for further replies.