Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I have 2 hard-disks.
I installed a prog called HDDLife.
& according to it's tests these were the results:

*img274.echo.cx/img274/3629/hdd00bz.jpg

*img274.echo.cx/img274/1579/hdd16me.jpg

The life of one of my HDD is 20% .What does it indicate & how do I fix it.
:?:

expertno.1

Technomancer
so how old is your second hard disk ?
if ite not old or old then the problem of this message is due to bad sectors and less speed detection of hard disk

use defragment the hard disk

Nimda

l33t n00b!
@bharat:

The health and life condition of the hard drive.
It shows the percentage of the remaining health and life of your hard drive. A perfect disk (though there are no such disks as there are no perfect people :) would have 100%. As the disk works and becomes “worn out”, the level decreases. As in other visual elements, the green color means that everything is all right, yellow means an urgent state, and red means that the state is critical and the disk must be immediately replaced.

The performance level of the hard drive.
It estimates the overall performance of the hard drive based on some of its technical parameters. Mind that this parameter concerns the hard drive only and the total performance rate depends on your computer. Use this parameter rather as an informational means.

Source : Taken from the HDDLife FAQ. (Help menu).

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
Nimida thanks,I could have read it myself from the help :) .I wanted a way to fix it.
Thanks anyway.

expertno.1 said:
so how old is your second hard disk ?
if ite not old or old then the problem of this message is due to bad sectors and less speed detection of hard disk

use defragment the hard disk

The segate is 5 years old,the samsung one is 2 years old.
I'll try defragmenting...

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
Windows XP does not have a detailed Scan Disk as in Win 98(does it?)
Is there any safe 3rd party tools for this?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@godsownman
ya its the same software ... just downloaded it and it shows the perfomance and health of my 1 year old seagate sata to be be 63% :twisted:

OP
bharat_r

bharat_r

In the zone
mohit,that must be becose ur HDD must have been cluttered & do u have frequent power cuts & u r without UPS?

Where did you get the software from.

I tried google but got only shareware.

yes it's a shareware...use it within 30 days.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@bharat_r
no not all ... i defragment very regularly .. have all ntfs partitions with no crap at all . and i have a wipro ups and also an antec power supply. god knows whats wrong ? even the temp of my hdd is shown under control i.e 34C which is not harmful... i am just wondering whats the problem ? and beleive me i take extra care of all my components by defrags and dust clean up's etc... god knows whts wrong.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
bharat_r said:
I defragmented the 2nd HDD but it still shows 20% health.
Well, looks like you didn't read the help carefully after all :) . When it says "worn out", it is most probably referring to physical damage which can't be fixed with any software. I recommend doing a scan for bad sectors using chkdsk. If bad sectors are found, then go to this page on Seagate's site.

godsownman

Padawan
Thanks Mohit I downloaded it last night and it says

Health Status =52 %

Performance = 98%

My disc is 5 years and 2 months old .

Can anybody tell me if the prediction that this software does is True or is it just based on certain calculations.

Regards

:)

saROMan

QA Juggler
New Version Here

HDDlife v2.1.53

1 really strange Thing..it works as Shareware for 30 days..and after it Turns into a Freeware :):):):)

saROMan

QA Juggler
WOW...strange...For my Old Seagate HDD with 2 Broken Pins ...its giving me Excellent Condition :lol: :lol:

*img207.echo.cx/img207/4311/hdd13ad.th.jpg

also my Other Fujitsu HDD is Ok condition.....

*img207.echo.cx/img207/2826/hdd20iu.th.jpg

Well bharat_r ...thx a lot for bringing such a Usefull utility to my Knowledge ... :wink: :wink: :wink:

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
i am giving you result of my hard disks. The samsung is 1.5 years old and the seagate is just one month old, the result shows that my seagate is only 40% ok Why? has the dealer given me a bad piece?

And one silly question i donot know how to attach the screen shot in my post please to give reply to this also?

[img=*img300.echo.cx/img300/599/clipboard023th.th.jpg]

[img=*img111.echo.cx/img111/7862/clipboard026tu.th.jpg]

harmax

Journeyman
shivaranjan.b said:
i am giving you result of my hard disks. The samsung is 1.5 years old and the seagate is just one month old, the result shows that my seagate is only 40% ok Why? has the dealer given me a bad piece?

And one silly question i donot know how to attach the screen shot in my post please to give reply to this also?

go to www.imageshack.us , on the screen upload ur screenshot pic , after the upload theyll give u various links.

cut and paste a link under "thumbnails for forums" on to ur post and voila

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom