[Must Read] Information regarding Indian Debit Cards.

nix253

Right off the assembly line
Fifa 14

origin must have charged some preliminary amount to entropay as my account balance is deducted by $0.82.

Guys who are able to make entropay work with origin, can you discuss what you entered in address and other details in origin?

Edit: Actually sale is going to end soon,so please anyone can reply soon?

I was able to use Entropay indirectly to buy mirror's edge from EA Origin, Mexico in the deal that's going on right now. What i did was first launched the origin client on my pc, logged into my account, went to account settings and opened payment and shipping section. Then it asked me to choose which method i want to use as a default payment option when i want buy games from origin. SURPRISINGLY paypal was listed. Now i have been using my entropay card in my paypal account for a while now. So i entered my paypal details and made it as my primary option for payment with India as my country.

The thing is you can't buy games from origin using paypal as they don't (God knows why?) provide it as an option. BUT you can use paypal to buy games from origin site of different countries. So i used a proxy to reach EA Origin, Mexico. Once i was able to reach there which took a lot of repeated refreshes as is usually the case with proxies, i put mirror's edge in my cart(this also by the way took more than a couple refreshes atleast) which was listed at 19.00 MXN (93 INR). Now once it was in my cart and i reached the page where it asked me to log in i disabled the proxy and proceeded ahead with the checkout. Note that all this time the language on site was spanish even after disabling proxy. It asked me to choose the payment method in which paypal was available. I checked out and bought the game successfully using my paypal account which i had previously selected as primary payment method in the Origin client. DO NOT USE PROXY WHILE MAKING THE FINAL PAYMENT AS IF THE SITE FAILS TO LOAD AND THE TRANSACTION IS PROCESSED YOU'LL HAVE A FAILED PAYMENT IN YOUR HANDS TO DISPUTE. Hope this helps you guys out. Good luck

P.S.- this is the second time I have done this. The first time i purchased BF4 using the same method when it was listed at it's reg. price of 499MXN i.e. only ~ 2600 INR.

ANd there's no fear of being banned or anything like that too because you're using origin only to buy the legit key. Just different country.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
OT: Which credit card is best for international online purchase? I recall that my brother used one of his Credit card and it went for Secure 3D verification(yes it was credit card).

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
OT: Which credit card is best for international online purchase? I recall that my brother used one of his Credit card and it went for Secure 3D verification(yes it was credit card).

Best in the sense? secure? like it will ask for 3d secure pin/cvv and all? or it will work in most of the intl websites? not worrying about extra security.

My HDFC Credit Card asks for 3d secure PIN, but only when I buy from domestic sites only.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any credit card is fine.

If an International site supports 3DSC/VbV, then the transaction will go via that procedure. There are many which do so. Example, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud Hosting and Custom Solutions - LeaseWeb (Dutch VPS provider)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, basically I'm looking for cc which will work flawlessly with PayPal stream and other sites. Are pre-paid credit cards available?

@ico: can I discuss this here our should I start a new thread?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the reply, basically I'm looking for cc which will work flawlessly with PayPal stream and other sites. Are pre-paid credit cards available?

@ico: can I discuss this here our should I start a new thread?

You may proceed as you want. :)

Krow

Crowman
Any credit card is fine.

If an International site supports 3DSC/VbV, then the transaction will go via that procedure. There are many which do so. Example, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Cloud Hosting and Custom Solutions - LeaseWeb (Dutch VPS provider)

This is true. I use an SBI credit card for international transactions. Has worked without problems so far. I've ordered from the US twice, one of them was from Kickstarter.

Rcuber, I'd advise you to avoid paypal if possible. It's good for some sites but paying directly via cc will save you some money. PayPal conversion rates are always higher than those of CC companies. Even when you checkout via PayPal, there's an option to pay in US dollars.

debarshi

Otaku
This is true. I use an SBI credit card for international transactions. Has worked without problems so far. I've ordered from the US twice, one of them was from Kickstarter.

Rcuber, I'd advise you to avoid paypal if possible. It's good for some sites but paying directly via cc will save you some money. PayPal conversion rates are always higher than those of CC companies. Even when you checkout via PayPal, there's an option to pay in US dollars.

Ummm, why would you use Paypal for payment (unless its a donation).... if you have a Credit Card, a CC always works internationally.

Can anyone confirm if ICICI debit card work on steam or not ?
Otherwise I'll go with Axis Debit card

ICICI debit card works flawlessly on Steam :)

icebags

Technomancer
how starnge this is, trying to buy something from origin this LOVE season, tried with axisbank eShop, HDFC netsafe, and even asisbank platinum visa credit card, all failed. they cant verify the card at all .....

:shock:

Aesir

Broken In
how starnge this is, trying to buy something from origin this LOVE season, tried with axisbank eShop, HDFC netsafe, and even asisbank platinum visa credit card, all failed. they cant verify the card at all .....

:shock:

Same here, wanted to buy something off amazon.com. Tried using entropay to create VCC with SBI Mastercard Debit Card, transaction declined.

Have some rules changed? Read this:

Welcome to PNB Global Credit Cards

Dear Cardholder,

In terms of RBI guidelines, all PNB credit cards are now valid for domestic usage only. To have international usage on your card, you may submit your request separately as under:

“Kindly enable my credit card for international usage. I/We undertake that the transactions under this card shall be strictly in conformity with the RBI guidelines or rules framed under FEMA, 1999 or any other law being in force in India and/or any other country/State/Continent/territory wherever located in the World at the time of usage of the card. For any violations, I/we shall be directly and personally liable to appropriate authorities.”

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^it seems like you are right.
*www.canarabank.com/english/Content/message to cardholders.htm
The existing global magstripe card holder who intends to use the card for international usage may opt for an EMV Chip card and PIN w.e.f from 01.12.2013. Till such time , the card holder can use the existing magstripe card for international usage up to a threshold limit of Rs. 30,000/- per day.The existing global magstripe card, on expiry, will be replaced with a Card for domestic usage only unless international use is specifically sought by the customer
seems like to use credit card on international sites you must return your standard CC & apply for EVM chip card allowed for international transactions.

icebags

Technomancer
my axisbank cc is evm chip card is newly given to my as the rbi rules applied, and they also deactivated my previous card.

and omg, u r right, this new card doesn't have international card written on it. :shock:

Top Bottom