Must NOT Watch Movies Thread V1: Personal Opinions

Hugo..... boring movie

But i kinda liked Wolf of Wall Street....It was based on true story....

^^ I was waiting for a plot twist whole time.....so i got bored...
Basically, i don't like slow movies

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I was waiting for a plot twist whole time.....so i got bored...

If you needed "Plot Twist" you were looking a wrong movie. Even IMDb mentions that it's of "drama" genre.

Personally I really liked Hugo when I watched it an year ago because of its many historical references. The backstory it shows of Georges Méliès' is largely accurate. The automaton was based on real automaton too. The movie screening of L'Arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat was also shown in Hugo. As described in the wikipedia article, people were so overwhelmed by watching a train on screen that many ran to back screaming and thinking that train might hit them. This scare is also depicted in Hugo. The short scene which shows a rocket hit in the eye of the moon is so historical that I was enchanted by even the repeated viewings of the same! And Hugo showed an amazing backstory of how such movies were created.

I think Hugo leans more towards documentary than a movie that captures the cinema when it was just growing with silent films. And boy does it captures with a heart! Just look at all those awards it won! Almost everything in the movie, right from the Opening scene is breathtaking and beautiful. Only people who have respect for cinema and its magical powers can admire the story it told.

yeah, It was good movie... but not for me(everybody has different taste)

- - - Updated - - -

This Hugo created mystery, but i was waiting for something mind blowing.....

I liked Shutter Island, amazing twist at the end...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Entertainment
Does anyone even know this movie was released and even became a hit? The best actor in the movie was a Dog, I think it's name was Junior. And even that dog to acted horribly, so can only blame the directors. Avoid at all costs. So Akshay Kumar - with in movie name Akhil is the illegitimate son of a billionaire who dies and leaves all his inheritance to the dog. Now Im not sure exactly what the story is, but there seems to be some kind of love-hate relationship between the dog and Akhil. Half of the time he is trying to kill the dog, so that he can get the inheritance. The other half of the time he is trying to save the dog from dying so the dog gets the inheritance? There are a bunch of thugs trying to kill Akhil and the dog. Entertainment saves Akhil, but falls in ice himself. Akhil realises the dog is soo good hearted that he does not feel like killing it any more? Anyway, here is a relevant quote from wikipedia on that moment.
After a lot of efforts Akhil fails to save entertainment but suddenly entertainment comes out of the water and they develop feelings for each other.
There are some tasteful scenes of dog on dog romance, something you don't get to see on the streets outside. Especially because the female dog is well dressed and not naked.
In the end the dog gets married (to another cute female dog, not Akhil), gets the inheritance, and lives happily ever after.

Ramaiyya Vastavaiyya
If you didn't like R Rajkumar by Prabhudeva, you will also not like this movie. This is the story of a clay horse. It is given to Shruti Hassan by Sonu Sood when their real horse dies (The kid cries more over the horse than their parent's death). Shruti Hassan really likes the clay horse, which she takes to her friend's place. There she romances Girish Kumar, but is thrown out of the house for romancing someone above her income bracket. The horse gets left behind so Girish Kumar goes after her to return the horse. Then Sonu Sood turns Girish Kumar into a farmer, and a barn is set on fire, and Girish Kumar rescues the clay horse from the fire, which convinces Sonu Sood that Girish Kumar will take good care of his sister. There is some dancing and bashing people up and Girish Kumar kills someone about to forcefully marry / rape Shruti Hassan, but Sonu Sood takes the blame and goes to jail.

Singham Returns
Mumbai Police remove their uniforms and walk in hundreds in their cleanly bleached banyans then encounter kill a don / holy-man. By encounter kill I mean drive a truck into a Sumo that summersaults into a transformer. I feel sorry for Tata Sumo every time it shows up on screen because Tata Sumo in Indian movies goes through every kind of torture.

Main Tera Hero
That guy from Student of the Year drives a Duke around and bashes thugs in trains and is very popular with girls. Illeana D'Cruz has the exact same bearing throughout the film, even Salman Khan has better range of facial expressions (at least the animated Salman Khan in Kick). A police officer - thug wants to marry Illeana D'Cruz so they all go to Bangkok and play a complex game where Illeana D'Cruz thoroughly confuses the police chap by wearing the same dresses as Nargis Fakhri, then seducing him, but leading him to Nargis Fakhri at the last moment instead of herself. The other part of the plan involves Student of the Year fellow eating Illeana D'Cruz's face repeatedly in front of police dude to drive him mad. This plan somehow works, and everyone is happy except the audience.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Okay, got it.

I liked Shutter Island, amazing twist at the end...
I liked it too. It was kinda depressing at the end. I don't know why many people didn't like it. Some say they saw the plot twist coming pretty early in the movie, I didn't. But why are you mentioning it in the Must not watch movies thread if you liked it? :p Okay I know why, so need to answer the question. :p
Recently watched The Others (2001) starring Christopher Eccleston & Nicole Kidman. If you like movies with great plot twists then you might like this one, but it's a bit on the slower side.

quan chi

mortal kombat

Reasons:
The whole movie is shown in the trailer.

"pasand aya to dil me nahi to dimaag me bhi nahi"
Rephrased version of "dil me ata hoon samajh me nahi" from kick.

"Na comitment, na appointment only punishment"
Means there is nothing in this movie therefore we are not asking/requesting you to see it. If you see it you may get punished (again read the first statement)

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Into the storm
One of the worst disaster movies. From acting to direction everything is poor. The characters are just stupid & irritating especially those who are not a part of the main weather crew. Dumb cliche story.
Only good part are the storm scenes rest all are just nonsense.Better re watch twister.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Action Jackson: Atleast the time freeze bits are cool. But I guess I watched all of them in the trailer.

Reasons:
The whole movie is shown in the trailer.

"pasand aya to dil me nahi to dimaag me bhi nahi"
Rephrased version of "dil me ata hoon samajh me nahi" from kick.

"Na comitment, na appointment only punishment"
Means there is nothing in this movie therefore we are not asking/requesting you to see it. If you see it you may get punished (again read the first statement)

Why bollywood make movie with s*** action and crappy stories and stupid senseless dialog ...:duh2:
This whole stupid trend is set by Salman Khan:banghead:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Entertainment
Does anyone even know this movie was released and even became a hit? The best actor in the movie was a Dog, I think it's name was Junior. And even that dog to acted horribly, so can only blame the directors. Avoid at all costs. So Akshay Kumar - with in movie name Akhil is the illegitimate son of a billionaire who dies and leaves all his inheritance to the dog. Now Im not sure exactly what the story is, but there seems to be some kind of love-hate relationship between the dog and Akhil. Half of the time he is trying to kill the dog, so that he can get the inheritance. The other half of the time he is trying to save the dog from dying so the dog gets the inheritance? There are a bunch of thugs trying to kill Akhil and the dog. Entertainment saves Akhil, but falls in ice himself. Akhil realises the dog is soo good hearted that he does not feel like killing it any more? Anyway, here is a relevant quote from wikipedia on that moment.

There are some tasteful scenes of dog on dog romance, something you don't get to see on the streets outside. Especially because the female dog is well dressed and not naked.
In the end the dog gets married (to another cute female dog, not Akhil), gets the inheritance, and lives happily ever after.

Ramaiyya Vastavaiyya
If you didn't like R Rajkumar by Prabhudeva, you will also not like this movie. This is the story of a clay horse. It is given to Shruti Hassan by Sonu Sood when their real horse dies (The kid cries more over the horse than their parent's death). Shruti Hassan really likes the clay horse, which she takes to her friend's place. There she romances Girish Kumar, but is thrown out of the house for romancing someone above her income bracket. The horse gets left behind so Girish Kumar goes after her to return the horse. Then Sonu Sood turns Girish Kumar into a farmer, and a barn is set on fire, and Girish Kumar rescues the clay horse from the fire, which convinces Sonu Sood that Girish Kumar will take good care of his sister. There is some dancing and bashing people up and Girish Kumar kills someone about to forcefully marry / rape Shruti Hassan, but Sonu Sood takes the blame and goes to jail.

Singham Returns
Mumbai Police remove their uniforms and walk in hundreds in their cleanly bleached banyans then encounter kill a don / holy-man. By encounter kill I mean drive a truck into a Sumo that summersaults into a transformer. I feel sorry for Tata Sumo every time it shows up on screen because Tata Sumo in Indian movies goes through every kind of torture.

Main Tera Hero
That guy from Student of the Year drives a Duke around and bashes thugs in trains and is very popular with girls. Illeana D'Cruz has the exact same bearing throughout the film, even Salman Khan has better range of facial expressions (at least the animated Salman Khan in Kick). A police officer - thug wants to marry Illeana D'Cruz so they all go to Bangkok and play a complex game where Illeana D'Cruz thoroughly confuses the police chap by wearing the same dresses as Nargis Fakhri, then seducing him, but leading him to Nargis Fakhri at the last moment instead of herself. The other part of the plan involves Student of the Year fellow eating Illeana D'Cruz's face repeatedly in front of police dude to drive him mad. This plan somehow works, and everyone is happy except the audience.

ahahahahaha

awesome!! :D :rofl:

I watched Kick , leaving logic , newton law and whole freaking science at home...
And I really enjoyed the movie