Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^it's a 21 fret guitar. Fingers are sore already. Started with spacing of fingers.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice axe! IMHO would have looked even better if you had gotten rid of that "Classic Vibe" sticker!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It was always the classic vibe 50.

Thanks.

Setting the intonation correct means.

On Low E, if plucking free sounds E3 then on 12th fret plucking it should also be E (can be E4, E5, E6) ?

Is this correct ?

But its a Squier....

Anyway,

If your intonation is not correct, picking the 12th fret will not be a E3, but rather a little sharp or flat. Therefore, even if your guitar is tuned correctly on the open frets, as you play on the higher frets, your chords will begin to suck.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nice axe! IMHO would have looked even better if you had gotten rid of that "Classic Vibe" sticker!
It makes up for the classic vibe :)

But its a Squier....

Anyway,

If your intonation is not correct, picking the 12th fret will not be a E3, but rather a little sharp or flat. Therefore, even if your guitar is tuned correctly on the open frets, as you play on the higher frets, your chords will begin to suck.
Classic Vibe is not much behind Fenders. Classic Vibe 50 is much more praised in strat-talk forum.

Intonations is good enough. I adjusted the saddles.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Any one here tried adjusting the truss rod on the accoustic guitar ?
So I took out my guitar after a long time & its bent forward. I fixed it a little today but everytime I turn the wrench, It feels it'll break.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Any one here tried adjusting the truss rod on the accoustic guitar ?
So I took out my guitar after a long time & its bent forward. I fixed it a little today but everytime I turn the wrench, It feels it'll break.

try slowly,like turn the rod about 1/4 rotation,leave it for 5 minutes or so,then turn the next 1/4 rotation,rest etc.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
try slowly,like turn the rod about 1/4 rotation,leave it for 5 minutes or so,then turn the next 1/4 rotation,rest etc.

I've turned it a little since yesterday & it is playable upto the 8th fret.
Now I can't rotate it clockwise anymore, it can go anticlockwise, but clockwise it is stuck.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I've turned it a little since yesterday & it is playable upto the 8th fret.
Now I can't rotate it clockwise anymore, it can go anticlockwise, but clockwise it is stuck.

General,I had the same problem when i had my acoustic and i think theres a limit in the truss rod,after it doesnt work clockwise but we can loosen in anticlockwise.Adjusting the bridge did work for me,then.So what about 9 to 20 frets?Is it unplayable because the string touches the frets causing buzz or is it the 1 to 8 frets that are causing the problem?(hope youve got what im saying)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
General,I had the same problem when i had my acoustic and i think theres a limit in the truss rod,after it doesnt work clockwise but we can loosen in anticlockwise.Adjusting the bridge did work for me,then.So what about 9 to 20 frets?Is it unplayable because the string touches the frets causing buzz or is it the 1 to 8 frets that are causing the problem?(hope youve got what im saying)

The strings from 5 onwards start getting far away from the frets, from 8-9 they get a bit too far to be playable.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
The strings from 5 onwards start getting far away from the frets, from 8-9 they get a bit too far to be playable.

That means the action is too high.Have u tightened the truss rod(clockwise) with out loosening the strings?if so remove the strings and see if there is any rotation left in clockwise direction.Be noted that the truss rod is used to straighten the neck(not to lower the action,even if it lowers a little action,it is not the 'remedy')Another thing to do is to lower the bridge(2 screws b/w high and low e on the bridge) slowly while checking for least possible minimal fret buzz(playable) on the first fret of all strings.If that didnt work remove the neck(4 screws) without removing the strings and see if the neck joint is parallel to the neck,try to adjust it.

3 things to note
1)check if the neck is straight
2)Adjust the bridge
3)Check the neck joint is parallel to neck.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I think I've adjusted the truss rod to max possible in the clockwise direction. I haven't yet tried lowering the bridge, Will do this later. Lowering the saddle might be some good.
The neck is not removable so can't do anything about that.
Thanks for all your help.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I think I've adjusted the truss rod to max possible in the clockwise direction. I haven't yet tried lowering the bridge, Will do this later. Lowering the saddle might be some good.
The neck is not removable so can't do anything about that.
Thanks for all your help.
youre welcome.
So people, always buy a guitar with removable neck,(so that if something happens you could always replace the neck),unless its a Joe Satriani guitar:p

Currently deciphering Lara's Theme on my keyboard. Its hard to get the rhythm right.

Keep on playing.Cheers.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
What if the guitar doesn't have a truss rod ?

Is there a way to decrease the action then ?

hey,truss is used to straighten the neck.Usually its the acoustic steel string guitars which have truss rod in it and acoustic classical/nylon string guitars which have no truss rods.A truss rod is a must for acoustic steel string guitar, if theres no truss rod,the neck will warp easily.dont know if we can decrease the action,the guitar would be unplayable.

Maybe adjusting the bridge and neck will reduce it.

Top Bottom