Music+Camera phone advice needed

Nishant

Broken In
I travel two hours every day in crowded delhi metro standing. I had nokia N79 and the best thing is the nokia 3.5mm cable which houses the play/pause/next buttons etc on the cord itself so i dont have to take out the phone from my pocket, during long standings in crowded metro, to change the songs/radio stations. and i really was satisfied by its music quality (i bought good pair of sony earplugus to max that).

The camera of N79 was just ok for my needs. I take a lot of pics from my phone so camera is must.

So now my phone is dead. And i have zeroed in the Nokia X6 to do the job. I was wondering if someone else can suggested me other phones as well. We all know SonyEricsson is best in music and camera, but i can not hold the phone in hand during the travel and i dont know which sony phone comes with the same kind of cable as that of nokia.

I dont care about the OS/Screen/whatever apart from the above mentioned features. budget is <15k

wating for your replies.. Thanks.

EDIT:- I just saw this questionnaire, so here it goes.

1. Budget?
around 15k
2. Display type and size?
>good to have big touch, but not needed
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
- any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
- any
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
- any
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
- with flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
- any
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
- good to have but not absolutely needed.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
- none.
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
cam and multimedia
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
- Nokia X6
12. Any other info that you want to share
said all in the first part of post.

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
The X6 comes with a headphone with music controls instead of a headset. So if you are comfortable with it, then go for it. But overall the X6 is a poor VFM phone & its features does not justify its asking price.

Another brand which provides such headsets with its handsets is HTC. You can go for the Wildfire. It is a good phone except for its poor screen resolution.

If you wait a little, you might get the Wildfire S which is expected to launch soon. It has all the goodness of the Wildfire & a better screen resolution.

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
thanks for the reply. the 16gb variant of x6 comes with headphone. 8gb one have the headset. i will take the 8gb.

just had a look at wildfire... i can live with the screen res. thanks for the info. If it comes with the handset then i will definitely go for it. Thanks. are HTC good with music quality?

pauldmps

Banned
^^ The 8GB variant comes with Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205 which does not have music controls.

Nokia India - Technical specifications - Nokia X6-00, 8GB support
Nokia India - Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205 - Overview

The music quality of HTC should be at par with Nokia. And the OS is Android which is definitely better than Nokia's Symbian.

I recommend that you visit a store and have a look & feel of the Wildfire before buying.

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
thanks.. i can not believe that i overlooked it. I was sure it has the same headset as 5800Xpressmusic has. X6 is out of way now.

pauldmps

Banned
You can buy a Nokia Stereo Headset WH-701 but that will unnecessary add to the price of your handset which is already overpriced. Seriously, whom is Nokia trying to fool ?

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
can i use my old headset of nokia n79 with this phone or for any nokia phone for that matter? can i use the headset with ultra low nokias like x2-01?

vishurocks

Journeyman
For ur requirements, have a look at samsung wave 2. X6 couldn't match wave 2's performance. Cam and audio quality is really good. I think u could get dat type of cable in market

OP
N

Nishant

Broken In
^^ yes we can buy the cable in market but most of the phones do not support the functionality. I will have a look at wave 2 as well.

pauldmps

Banned
can i use my old headset of nokia n79 with this phone or for any nokia phone for that matter? can i use the headset with ultra low nokias like x2-01?

I don't think the old headset would work with all Nokia devices. It might work only with some of them.

You cannot go on trying your headset with every handset in the market to check if it works. Can you ?

harm064

Broken In
I previously had N79. The headphones should work with any 3.5 mm jack. I cannot comment on the headset. And the buttons on the headset as such are only compatible with Nokia's handsets.

pentiumlover

Broken In
Headset would work with all nokia phones that have a 3.5 mm jack . My nokia 5800 headset works with Nokia 5320 XM and vice versa . Avoid any new nokia phone if you want good camera except N8 .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Did you check Nokia C6-01? much better than X6. also check Wave II, Motorola Defy and Samsung Galaxy SL

Top Bottom