MSI afterburner question!

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
top gear that beta won't work cuz its time period over but nvm i solved problem myself. Yesterday, I upgraded my motherboard to 1101 version from 0802. Today when i opened it it's showing Hurray i am so happy :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ so with a mobo bios update you are now able to change gpu vcore settings using AFB - though it sounds a bit strange to me but the nice part is you are now able to push your gpu clock much higher to gain more performance out of it - congrats ;-)

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
Another reason could be that i changed pcie/pci from pci/igpu in bios also i changed bios switch from performance to silent.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think those settings were at their right values before but whether they have made any changes or not is very easy to know - just use the previous settings of these two options and you'll know for sure if changing these two particular options or the bios update has solved the issue ;-)

Dissolution

Right off the assembly line
Alright this forum might just save me...

I have an Asus Radeon 5850 TOP edition and I cannot for the life of me get the voltage unlocked....I have tried everything and it will not unlock.....

The crappy part is that I have had it overclocked before but because my HDD died I had to buy a new one and hence lost my OC settings....

Now I cannot get it unlocked again....

PLEASE help me fix this I have tried everything.....

Dissolution

Right off the assembly line
Can you guys give me any advice? I am very frustrated at this point

I cannot for anything change the voltage on my card right now. I have a radeon 5850 and I have over clocked it before......the problem is my hdd blew and I had to buy a new one today....

I cannot get the voltage to unlock though.....I have tried editing the cfg file and everything and it just wont let me touch the voltage....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have an Asus Radeon 5850 TOP edition and i am running win 7 64 bit.

OP
kapilove77

kapilove77

Padawan
Do your card have bios switch? or did you checked that options are enabled for voltage in afterburner's setting?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Dissolution - this might be a bit odd suggestion but why not use Sapphire TriXX and try changing voltage option with it ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I don't think any manufacture makes any specialized gfx card drivers for general gaming gfx cards - so it's better to get the gfx card drivers from the gpu makers website.

For eg. on the manufacturers website made by ....... win 7 x64 driver available for GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr is 280.26 but the latest official driver version is 285.62 - which should be a lot better than the old driver with many bug fixed / features added - so for most people it's better to get and use drivers provided by the gpu manufacturer ;-)