MS WORD Page Numbering (ommiting 1,2,3 page) Any body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterfly

Broken In
Folks,

How to give page number in MS Word , i have documentation prepared as follows i have

Intoduction, Kcnologement , Contents etc.. so when i give page number it directly starts from the Introduction.

What i wanted to be is ommit Intoduction, Kcnologement , Contents and start page numbering after this.

Any body :roll:

sms_solver

In the zone
@Butterfly:

The thing that u want to achieve with MS-Word is possible. I can think of 2 ways to do it. The simple method is to make two documents. The first doc with Introduction, Acknowledgement and Content, and second with whatever the text that follows.

The harder method is to use only one document file. This method is not easy one.

Requirement to solve the problem
================================
u should have a clear idea about Header/Footer, & Section Break.

So follow the instructions I am giving:
=======================================

:arrow: Remove the Page No. from your document if it had any. Don't know how to remove Page No. Then do this View > Header Footer. Click button Switch Between Header and Footer. Select Page Number field and hit Del button.

:arrow: Now go the the Page from where u want your page numbers to start from.

:arrow: Goto Insert > Break... A dialog box will appear. Click on Section Break Type with Next Page to highlight the radio and click OK. Now u will see Sec 2 at status bar.

:arrow: Click on Insert > Page Numbers. A dialog box will come. Now click [Format] button.

:arrow: The "Page Number Format" dialog box will pop up. Select the radio Start at:. Also make sure there is "1" at the box. Click OK and OK.

:arrow: Your half your is done by now. Now we have two sections and each section will have its own page numbers. Now u have to remove the page number from the Section 1

:arrow: Now be at Section 2, Click on View > Header Footer. Click icon label "Switch between Header and Footer". Do you see Same as previous in the footer.

--> if There is no (same as previous) in Section 2 footer, then goto Section 1 by Clicking "Show Previous" and remove Page No from Section1 footer.

--> if There u see (same as previous) in Section 2 footer, then you have to make changes in Page Number Formatting or move pg no frame litte bit to get rid of (same as previous) in Section 2. After it is done. Then goto Section1 and delete the page number field from that section

:arrow: Now the steps are over.

You can use which ever method (i or ii) to solve your problem. The method (ii) is a bit long, but this is the method used by experienced people and book writers. Now u must have known the use of Section Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom