Mozilla Firefox hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
I am using firefox 3.0.10 on a Windows XP machine . Recently...I have noticed that it will "hang" and in the lower left corner where it normally gives the status it will say stopped and I will have to close out of firefox. When I try to reopen it, I will either be lucky and it will work as normal or I will get a message saying firefox has stopped responding and I need to close it. I can't end the process in the task manager, when I try to nothing happens. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling and switching from hardwired to wireless. Does anybody have any solutions or approaches to it? I have searched the mozilla forums and haven't found an answer that has worked. Any help will be appreciated.

gsmsikar

Journeyman
i was also have that same type of problem two days back ,
but it is working from yesterday , when i leaved the hang firefox as it is for nearly one hour or so ..

it could be an attack but i cant say ..

it occured on my two computers which are having antivirus , but in one pc where i do not use any antivirus it was OK ....

i am using avg antivirus ...

OP
vilas_patil

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Hey Guys, Thanks for your reply, The problem has got solved.
Actually, I have installed Flash Player yesterday and due to this (plug-ins 10.0.22.87) this problem was causing every-time I brows through Firfox and even through iexplorer( checked latter) . I have removed the Flash Player. (installed micro media , this works fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom