Moving Messages From Memory Card To Phone Memory... Please Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Everyone,
I have a Nokia N73 phone. I have all my messages in my memory card. I just want to shift them back to my phone memory. Because accessing messages from memory card is slow like hell! Could you guys please tell me how to do it? Thanks.

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
Simply connect your phone to PC and make a back up of your messages.
Then Delete all the messages from your cell.
Change the memory in use from card to phone.
Finally restore all your messages to your cell thats it you are done mate!

between download SMS Accelerator on your mobile if you dont have already..

*codeforeternity.com/blogs/technology/attachment/10.ashx

Last edited:
OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I heard of this process. I heard that the messages get restored in their orginial locations. That means phone memory messages in phone memory and memory card messages in the memory card. Is it true?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go to Messages>Settings>Other>Memory>Phone Memory.

It will ask for copy confirmation to phone memory, select yes.

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
Exactly 1st u shud try wat Cool G5 suggested bcos on that way also u'll b able to move ur msgs to phone memory!
n i'm not sure that it copies d msgs to d same location or not but will confirm u in a while lemme try 1st.. most probably i thnk yes it will!

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
@ Cool G5: That process does not work. If you select phone memory to memory card. Only for the 1st time it asks you to move the messages from phone to memory card. But the reverse, i.e. memory card to phone option is not possible. I guess its one major flaw in the design of Symbian Series 60v3.

@ v4u_love2004: I read this process in some other forums. I think the messages are backed up with a tag about where they come from. So when you try replacing them even with the message storage selected as phone memory, the messages get replaced to their original locations. Please try it out and let me know.

Last edited:

v4u_luv2004

Broken In
Hmmm i tried but unfortunately wat we were suspecting is correct it restores d msgs back at same place...
ok still there's one way out its a bit frustrating though.
just back up all ur content frm d fone and format ur cell, restore ur data back to d fone and change d location of msgs to fone [now it will copy all d msgs to ur fone memory]

I think thats d only way out... Wat u thnk???

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Told you so...
Searched almost every forum available. The only option is copying my message folder to my phone memory from my memory card. Need to hack my phone for that coz C:/Private is not accessible in Nokia N73.
Other option is using Noki. But cant get a cracked version of the software! Dont wanna pay 20 dollars for a silly backup!!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Easy way, works in 7610, you can try

Connect your phone to your pc

Copy your Inbox folder as it is to your pc. When it is copied to your pc you will see them al in some Outlook Express format. You can just copy paste them back to your phone later.

OP
H

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
You can do that because 7610 has Symbian Series 60v2 or 60v1 OS. The problem with there nokia n series phones is that they have enhanced the security. The messages generally get stored in C:/Private if its in phone or E:/Private if its memory card. With the enhanced security, users dont have access to these two important folders. So you cant play around with your messages like you can in the older versions of Symbian. In the older versions it was as simple as copy-paste the message folder from memory card to phone and you are done. But now they have made it a lot tougher!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom