Moving mails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

He28

Still learning...
Hi all
Need your help again.:oops:
I have a Gmail account that I no longer use and wants to close it. Howver I have some 150 mails form my friends that are important. I wish to move all those mails to my Outlook 2003. Gmail account is configured with Outlook. When I click send/receive... it downloads the latest mails to Outlook and not the old ones.
Is there any way, I can download old mails on my HDD?
I apologize if this is a repost... but still I need help.
Thank you.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
In POP settings in gmail settings, you get an option where you can ask it for retrieval of all messages throug POP access even if it's already downloaded. Use this and then download messages in outlook.

1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since Jun 10
Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded)
Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
Disable POP

You will see something like that in forwarding and POP/IMAP. Click on the radio buttone next to Enable POP for all mail (even mail that's already been downloaded) and save the settings.

If you want to backup your mail on hard disk, you can create a separate folder for the mails you want to save and backup the pst file for that. Don't remember the exact procedure.

OP
He28

He28

Still learning...
Can anybody help me to configure my yahoo.co.in mailbox with Outlook 2003. What are the settings on yahoo and Outlook?
Thanks.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Procedure for new yahoo mail interface
Go to Mail options, the click on POP & Forwarding. Even after so much time after coming out of beta, yahoo doesn't allow you to change these settings here. You will have to set these in yahoo mail classic. So click on Set up or Edit POP and forwarding
Here select the option which you want from the following
I don't want to receive any messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam
I want to receive all messages, including those that SpamGuard thinks are spam
For messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam, add [Bulk] as a prefix to the subject

Now click on POP settings and you will be able to see them which will be like following
Incoming Mail Server (POP3): in.pop.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL, port: 995
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): in.smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication
Account Name/Username: YourMailId@yahoo.co.in
Email address: YourMailId@yahoo.co.in
Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password
Create an account using that in Outlook.

OP
He28

He28

Still learning...
Thanks for helping, ThinkFree...
Thanks a ton.
Let me know if there is any way to download mails from only a group on Outlook.
I am a member of 3 groups on Yahoo. I wish to download mails only from one group on Outlook. Is there any way to set filters on Outlook or yahoo.co.in account.
Thanks again.
:)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^You can set OUTLOOK to download full messages for only those mails which are sent from the mail id for these groups, for rest ask it to download headers only. Don't remember the exact procedure as it seems to me that ages have passed since I used Windows and Outlook.

OP
He28

He28

Still learning...
Thanks again ThinkFree.
I tried the steps but it is not working.
Also when I try to download the mails using send/receive button the next day it downloads all mails to common inbox, although I created different folders for different account.
Need your suggestion.
Thanks.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Haven't used it for long time and not having access to Microsoft Outlook at present either, so can't help.
Try Microsoft online help
*office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/CH063564671033.aspx might help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom