Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Rahim

Married!
Watched Haute Tension a couple of days ago and it was damn wicked movie. I have to confess i didnt understood the the ending. T159 help me here! 8/10 and that too for the violence and tension bulid-up.

Saw 5 was a little disappointing and seems just made to keep this franchise alive for the 6th part. The plot was too linear and predictable and the acting was way below par (Jigsaw was good as always) but the detective cannot match the performance of Amanda in the previous ones. 6/10 from me. :(

Did someone just mentioned Golmaal Returns? Plz brother spare this thread!! (j/k).

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le - 9.5/10
This is the best comedy-drama I've ever seen!!! The cinemaphotography is amazing too..... MUST WATCH!!!

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
This is the best comedy-drama I've ever seen!!! The cinemaphotography is amazing too..... MUST WATCH!!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Henry Poole Is Here ?/10

The "?" mark doesn't denote that should not get a rating, but I'm really confused what rating should I give.....I couldn't get d movie.......may be 5 from me.

The movie length is 1Hr 38 min but it seemed like ages while watching, it might be be the slowest movie ever made.

Guys, do watch it and tell me what message this movie want to convey?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I've gone through IMDB b4 watching the movie.
The genre is written as "Comedy/Drama"....but the supposed to be comic scenes are not funny, they are accidentally seemed to be serious to me.

AND, no way, not in the remotest way the movie is a "Comedy".
Its a very serious(?) and SLOW movie.

Finished it in 2 days.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

it has that feel good feeling even after the movie ends which makes your day :D

That photograph book was a sweet mystery :lol:

Audrey Tautou is cute. If you liked this movie then do watch another movie by same director "A Very Long Engagement". It's intelligent and the ending is way better than Amelie, at times it's shows brutality of war too. And last but not leat, it has Audrey Tautou :D

Watched Haute Tension a couple of days ago and it was damn wicked movie. I have to confess i didnt understood the the ending. T159 help me here! 8/10 and that too for the violence and tension bulid-up.
****SPOILERS****

The whole movie is told from the POV of an unreliable narrator, the girl who is in psychiatric ward. So what you see is not what actually have happened and in the same way.
The girl was kind of lesbian and wanted to have her friend but then when she knows that her friend is actually dating a male, she kind of loses her sanity.

*****SPOILERS END******

Last edited:

GameAddict

In the zone
I've gone through IMDB b4 watching the movie.
The genre is written as "Comedy/Drama"....but the supposed to be comic scenes are not funny, they are accidentally seemed to be serious to me.

AND, no way, not in the remotest way the movie is a "Comedy".
Its a very serious(?) and SLOW movie.

Finished it in 2 days.

LOL...same happened with me while watching 'Wild at Heart'.

Dog Soldiers Nice British horror and witty dialogues ("Thanks, mate" kind of). 7/10

@PlasmaSnake:
Seraphim Falls 8/10
Good acting by Liam Neeson and Pierce Brosnan. The visual landscapes are just breath taking.
"The visual landscapes are just breath taking", totally agree.
Wish our movie industry tried new genres and made period movies like these and not the Devdas(dance competition) kind of suckfests.

Top Bottom