Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IF only

I loved this one.....9/10
\
+1 but not the 9/10 sh!t, 7.8 from me

Can Someone Enlist some must watch Fantasy Movies? (Zombie, Superhero, Other World stuff, Space etc etc)
I want to just go away from reality for a while.
GrindHouse (2007) (yet to watch it)
Planet Terror (2007) (My Rating: 8.1/10, its a classic 70-80 setup film)

Here is one more must watch movie:
Pan's Labyrinth (My Rating 8.7/10)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Well it has a good location set up is what I can tell you.Try catching the HD version & the movie would be enjoyable.It has a fairly decent start but end was really lousy.Another disappointment like I Am Legend.:(
Try? I'm exclusive dude. Anyway, I'll grab it tonight I guess.. Thanks.

Watched Gone Baby Gone. Pretty nice movie. 4/5

legolas

Padawan
\
+1 but not the 9/10 sh!t, 7.8 from me
Planet Terror 8.1/10
Pan's Labyrinth 8.7/10

I understand the IMDB rating is an average of every individual's vote which results in a 7.4 or 8.1 etc... Out of curiosity, on what basis do you quantify the 7.8/10 and the 8.1 and 8.7?? :)

Btw, if you want a comedy flick, just to relax, and don't bother for understanding or any particular plot or something, watch this! :D its ok.
Everything is Illuminated

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Any fans of George Carlin here? Not sure whether to post him into the TV shows thread :). That guy is freaking awesome! His latest performance (It's bad for ya, 2008 ) is exceptionally good even though he is quite old.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Here is one more must watch movie:
Pan's Labyrinth (My Rating 8.7/10)
Yeah, a must watch film. Reminded me of Miracle in 13th Street. You know it's not true, they made the movie in such a way that you'll start to doubt your beliefs. :D

8.5/10

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I understand the IMDB rating is an average of every individual votes which results in a 7.4 or 8.1 etc... Out of curiosity, on what basis do you quantify the 7.8/10 and the 8.1 and 8.7?? :)

Btw, if you want a comedy flick, just to relax, and don't bother for understanding or any particular plot or something, watch this! :D its ok.
Everything is Illuminated

I was about to ask that

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I understand the IMDB rating is an average of every individual's vote which results in a 7.4 or 8.1 etc... Out of curiosity, on what basis do you quantify the 7.8/10 and the 8.1 and 8.7?? :)

I dun believe in IMDB rating, it sucks, so a personal taste-o-meter works here, either watch is or drop it if u fell like one, though i provide a link to IMDB page too, incase u like to go by hard and fast rule of avgs :)

PS: It was quite a disappointment that many new bands are not known to people and everyone starts out with mainstream sh!t, just warble abt them, i think about the underrated

10,000 B.C

^flopped kya? :D
seems like one rotten tom, :)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Saw Bee Movie & Run Fat Boy Run.Loved Bee movie.Pixar is a pure genius company.It's animation just brings life into all of the characters.The level of detail & vibrancy put in this movie was absolutely amazing.Stoyline is pretty good & is supported by good voice artists.I'd say pick it up in a heatbeat.Light hearted comedy at it's best.:)

Have to book tickets for 10,000 BC this weekend.Hope they don't stick up House Full signs.;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Isn't Bee Movie by Dreamworks animation?

So hows Run Fat Boy Run?
My Bad there.Had just watched Finding Nemo prior to it so got it all mixed up.;)

Run Fatboy Run is a good film.I usually don't fancy brit movies because their accent is very strong & hard to catch.But this movie was funny & had some good touchy moments to it.Acting department certainly is a one up for Simon Peg & Harish Patel(refreshingly funny).BTW you have to check out this female in this movie,India de Beaufort.She plays the role of Maya & looks smokin hot.;)

Just finished watching Dan In Real Life.OMG looks like I am slowly drifting into a romantic genre.No but seriously this movie was really well crafted.Steve Carell is a brilliant actor when it comes to versatility in roles.If you have seen him in The 40 year old Virgin then you might have a clue.This movie is good romantic comedy of how Carell's(who is a single father of 3 children) character falls for a woman who turns out to be his brother's girlfriend & his relationship with her.It's simple & light film.Would be an ideal choice if you need to watch it with your GF.:D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched There will be Blood , could have been a little shorter, crap at times, only thing that it portrayed was the perils of greed and obsession, i assume the ending was just Daniel's imagination (else it feels shallow). No rating for this movie, i just cant find it either bad or good.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Elephant Man (1980) (My Rating: 9.2/10) (Its a biography, sad but true, just cant forget this) Though his physical and mental suffering was great, he remained courageous, cheerful, gentle and was never bitter

Last edited:
Top Bottom