Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Yes, I watched Specter in IMAX...no difference...In Chennai per ticket 360/- charging.
No.. There is when scenes are shot in IMAX cameras..
Dark night rises had lot of scenes..

Yet the only true IMAX in India is in hyd..
Mumbai had but they changed the screen don't know why

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Burnt - Another good movie on chefs and cooking. Lots of hatred about the movie on net, but was nothing bad about it really.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Fog (1980) - IMDb
Interesting thriller/mystery movie.Story is simple & the film is clean. I will not call it horror since there is nothing much of horror in it. The most prominent features of this movie are the beautifully created ambience & the direction.

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Finally watched Bajirao Mastani yesterday. What I liked the most was the cinematography which I think was exceptional for a Bollywood film. The acting was brilliant. Ranveer as Bajirao and Tanvi Azmi as Bajirao's mother were the standout performances for me. The action scenes were a bit over the top, especially the scene towards the end of the movie where
Bajirao rides off to fight the enemy army on his own and then deflects hundreds of arrows shot towards him with his swords.
Overall, it's a far better movie than Dilwale which released on the same day.

If not for the exaggerated action and a couple of unnecessary song and dance sequences, I'd have given it a 7/10 which it deserves but alas, it's a 6/10 for me.

Its been long since TDF has seen a real fiery debate :twisted: ....can we start a Dilwale Vs Bajiro Thread for a flame war please?

quan chi

mortal kombat
Lost in translation
I had a little more expectations from it but still it surely falls under a must watch list. Beautiful movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Hide and seek (2013) - Very tense korean thriller and a suspense movie. Bit dragged towards the end but very gripping and creepy.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Christine (1983) - IMDb
Completely entertaining. Though the climax was a bit disappointing. Apart from that the movie is really good.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
The Man from UNCLE - 6/10 . Cheesy spy movie.

Rajathandhiram - 7/10 . Watchable heist kinda movie.

The Martian - 8/10 .

The Maze Runner - 8/10 . Is this a new genre or something? I see a lot of teenagers-in-a-quarantine-test kinda movies lately. (Hunger games, Insurgent etc)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Architecture 101 8/10

It reminded me why I fell in love with Korean movies in the first time. None makes melodrama better than Korea.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Architecture 101 8/10

It reminded me why I fell in love with Korean movies in the first time. None makes melodrama better than Korea.

Yes, I saw this movie some member recommended here..Its so good...I was addict with Korean movies after watch "I saw the Devi" & "The Chaser"...Now i started to watch "Dutch Movies":)

Top Bottom