Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Stalag 17 watched it for 5th times just mindblowing movie by Billy Wilder.
Stalag 17 (1953) - IMDb
All of you guys please watch it you will love it for sure. Don't skip for the B/W reason.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Whiplash - 10/10

Brilliant movie, brilliant acting! Must watch, especially for musicians.

Just a small correction. Not only for musicians, but must watch for everyone :) Very powerful movie. Never a dull moment over whole length. Sad, the director hasn't directed much earlier. Will be eagerly awaiting his future ventures.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Big hero 6 - Entertaining, but i seem to have outgrown all animation movies. I cant seem to enjoy those much.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Big hero 6 - Entertaining, but i seem to have outgrown all animation movies. I cant seem to enjoy those much.
me too. the last animation movie that i had watched fully was 'up', the Hindi dubbed version, with Anupam Kher's voice in it. had liked it. saw a couple more later, but partially. couldn't treat them with the same attention.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Badlapur - 7/10 - Not usual bollywood formula. Reminds me of revenge trilogy. I was expecting "I saw the devil" but it's not like that, still pretty good.

This quote sums it up good:
"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

Flash

Lost in speed
Night at the museum: Secret of the tomb - 7/10

Felt the movie is too short, when compared to 2 prequels. Ok'ish movie and good for 1-time watch.
I was expecting on a grand quest, to stop the corrosion of the tablet; but all it took was to bathe the tablet in moon light to stop it. :/

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Badlapur - 7/10

Just okay, nothing out of the ordinary revenge film genre. But still better than your average Bolly flick. I knew what to expect from Nawazuddin, but Varun unexpectedly delivered some solid performance. Vinay Pathak and Ashwini Kalsekar were underused. Plot wise, it didn't seem that interesting, to me. This film borrows some elements from Ghajini and Zinda. The title, surprisingly, is such a wordplay. Add to that, the fact that a town actually exists by this name, in Maharashtra. Lastly, the anticlimactic ending didn't do too well for me. It served no purpose, especially after what Liak promised to Jhumli, 'Abhi dekh main aagey kya karta hoon' (Now just watch out, for what I'll do next). All in all, a one time watch.

$hadow

Geek in making
Night at the museum finale disappointed me too. There was nothing like what we saw in the first two parts.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Ugly - Good movie throughout ruined by very very lame and dumb ending. Anurag Kashyap ne public ko ch****a banaya.

ashs1

Padawan
Exodus.Gods.and.Kings(2014) -10/10

Abt Moses...

10/10 ??? thats a pretty generous rating... I remember when isaw exodus in theatres..i was super excited to watch it..but it left me disappointed...The acting was okay-ish, gfx was cool, but the ending was kinda lame...I would've given it maybe 6/10 at best...

Whiplash : 9/10

W.O.W !! what gr8 movie..This movie can be truly enjoyed in a theatre( or at least in a home-theatre environment )...The Plot was inspiring & it was wonderfully complemented by actors J. K. Simmons( especially this guy) & Miles Teller..I wish i could've watched this movie in theatre, but nothing good ever releases here..DAMN !!! :-x

Theory of Everything : 8/10

Another Movie that was good to watch...Eddie redmayne as stephen hawkings was good..learned a lot about hawkings's life/struggle..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Anyone know when Ex Machina would release in India? Imdb don't have a mention.
I so much want to watch it.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Mallrats - 8/10

Good movie, why can't more movies be made like this?
These days every single movie uses all the cliches

Top Bottom