Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
GOJIRA - 100/10.

kthxbai.

EDIT: Seriously, awesome movie. The tone is very different compared to Pac Rim. The movie impressed me very, very much. Now, I'm a Gojira fan till I die. All Hail the King!

I cared about Cranston's and Gojira, I got what I wanted. I loved the teases. I'm sad this is getting postive-to-mixed views. :< [LOL]

Inceptionist

Journeyman
:agreed: PVR, Cinemax all suck when it comes to 3D

IMAX 3D IS DA BEST!!!

Actually, quality of 3D is more of a question of how well the 3D conversion is done. If a conversion is crappy, even in the IMAX, it will feel like crap.

Also, IMAX projection is much better than multiplexes, hence IMAX 3D is always recommended.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
GOJIRA - 100/10.

kthxbai.

EDIT: Seriously, awesome movie. The tone is very different compared to Pac Rim. The movie impressed me very, very much. Now, I'm a Gojira fan till I die. All Hail the King!

I cared about Cranston's and Gojira, I got what I wanted. I loved the teases. I'm sad this is getting postive-to-mixed views. :< [LOL]

Not serious if serious or trolling. :x

abhidev

Human Spambot
IMAX 3D IS DA BEST!!!

Actually, quality of 3D is more of a question of how well the 3D conversion is done. If a conversion is crappy, even in the IMAX, it will feel like crap.

Also, IMAX projection is much better than multiplexes, hence IMAX 3D is always recommended.

yea...also Cinepolis has better seating arrangement :D

ajayritik

Technomancer
It seems you posted the same thing but a bit more detailed.:D
I was not speaking about logic. I just said if you want logic then you choose some other films.:)

About dhawan govinda starrers I wanted to say they may be illogical but doesn't fail to entertain. Where as there are some directors like sajid khan whose movies pinches you more than tickling.

Like you said Rohit shetty's golmaal 1,2 & even bol bachchan were far ahead in logic when compared with vikram bhatt's Awara Paagal Deewana & Deewane Huye Paagal. However all of them are worth watching multiple no of times because they entertain.
Do watch Banarasi babu, Ek aur Ek Gyarah and Jodi No.1 and do let me know how entertaining were these. I had some more but that's for later.

As mentioned earlier I'm not fan of Sajid Khan movies and except for Housefull2 and part of Himmatwala I haven't watched his other two movies. I don't know whether it will pinch or cringe me.

I enjoyed Awara Paagal Deewana and the movie was successful as well pretty ok I should say. Deewane Hue Paagal was one big bore and if I'm not wrong that movie was a big dud at the box office.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Do watch Banarasi babu, Ek aur Ek Gyarah and Jodi No.1 and do let me know how entertaining were these. I had some more but that's for later.
Apart from banarasi babu I have seen the rest. Had seen them many years ago & multiple times & honestly I liked them at that time.

I find his recent movies more irritating than previous. starting with partner (one of the worst),shaadi no1 etc etc.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

As mentioned earlier I'm not fan of Sajid Khan movies and except for Housefull2 and part of Himmatwala I haven't watched his other two movies. I don't know whether it will pinch or cringe me.

I enjoyed Awara Paagal Deewana and the movie was successful as well pretty ok I should say. Deewane Hue Paagal was one big bore and if I'm not wrong that movie was a big dud at the box office.

Apart from banarasi babu I have seen the rest. Had seen them many years ago & multiple times & honestly I liked them at that time.

I find his recent movies more irritating than previous. starting with partner (one of the worst),shaadi no1 etc etc.
Govinda was in his prime at that time. Whatever he did was hit.

I've seen all three. Ek aur Ek Garyah was not that good but still Govinda and his antics made the movie tolerable.

Satish Kaushik, David Dhawan and Govinda gave use such laugh riots,
Coolie No. 1
Hero No. 1
Rajababu
Sajan Chale Sasural
Ankhiyo Se Goli Maare (after Andaz Apna Apna this must be the best in the same genre)
Kunwara
Dulhe Raja
Jodi No. 1
Aunty No. 1
Anari No. 1

and many more.......

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^Maybe but not all. Movies like dulhe raja, kunwara & raja babu & some others can be enjoyed at any time. At least I like them even now.
Like I said if you see his recent movies (mostly 2005 onwards) like partner,Do Knot Disturb(Not seen but heard its bad), maine pyaar kyoun kiya, yeh hai jalwa, chor machaye shor, hum kisi se kam nahi....etc then you will see how his quality has degraded over the time.

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
^^If I watch these movies now, will I find them as entertaining ? Probably like garbage.

we recently watched raja babu at friends house and were in splits the whole time. i had forgotten how incredibly funny some of govinda's movies were. certainly funnier than the disasters releasing nowadays

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
IDK, if you all have seen but must go for "Ankhiyon se goli mare".
Not a single remotely serious moment. Over the top at times subtle and at times absurd comedy.

I'd go forward and would dare to put this in the same league as "Andaz Apna Apna"

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah ankhiyo se goli mare was a laugh riot as well. compare it to a movie like bol bachhan - stupid antics, disgusting gay jokes and over the top action. govinda was not appreciated in his day and now also. he is an actor par excellence , not only in comedy but dark roles as well ( shikari)

Ravi.

Broken In
Speaking of Govinda, one movie I particularly enjoyed was Haseena Maan Jaayegi ............. Number one series was good as well.

Which movie is that in which Govinda Opens a Dhabba in front of his father in law's house .. (player by Kadar Khan). That was good as well.....

Dulhe Raja

Top Bottom