Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Just completed Precious. It is definitely one of the better movies I've seen in a long time. Thanks to a_medico for recommending it. 8/10
Also saw Apharan again. I keep on re-watching Prakash Jha's movies.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Few Good Adventure movies

Stand by Me
Into the Wild
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Children of Heaven
Braveheart (1995)
The Goonies (1985)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
The Great Escape (1963)
Spirited Away ( Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi ) (2002)
Ben-Hur (1959)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)
The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
ET: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
The Magnificent Seven (1960)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The ward - Ripoff of Sucker Punch and a major psychiatric disorder movie (wont name just to avoid spoilers). Watch sucker punch instead. Not a bad movie though. But always good to watch the originals.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ranjana Ami Ar Asbo na 9/10

This could be one of the best bengali movies of this year.

Based on rock band culture.
A girl comes to Kolkata to her idol rockstar. Who in his old age still in demand very much. He tries to take advantage of her but circumstances make them two unlikely partners.

Great acting by everyone and Anjan Dutta used all his old gems in this movie.

A tight script (apart from the hotel fiasco scene), sharp dialogs with awesome songs...hats off.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A better review here Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona bengali Movie Review – Movie Reviews - Bengali – Bangla Songs, Music, Kolkata News, videos, gallery, kolkata portal

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ Do you both have Trishul tatoo on your right shoulders?

Zindagi Na Mile Dobara - DCH glorified. Hritik overacts(even though his character demands it). Abhay Deol is good as ever. Farhan best of the lot but I still think he was much better in Karthik calling karthik and Luck by Chance. Kalki is getting monotonous. Still, a good movie to sum up.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Life Cyles (description & a picture of it tonight in the 'post your latest purchase thread')

Baraka (off-beat movie)

ghost-dog : way of the samurai

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The ward - Ripoff of Sucker Punch and a major psychiatric disorder movie (wont name just to avoid spoilers). Watch sucker punch instead. Not a bad movie though. But always good to watch the originals.
Not exactly a rip-off of Sucker Punch, but the more on the lines of the other movie you're thinking about. The only thing you can attribute this movie against Sucker Punch is an all female star cast (mostly) and the deranged asylum set-up.

Top Bottom