+1 for make-up

Death Sentence 6.5/10
Good. But I think it's over-rated

Senna
it's worth a watch

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
THe Dictator - 11/10 :rofl:

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - 20/10 :lol::mrgreen::)):D:rofl::hyper::clap2:

Sacha Baron Cohen FTW!!

Flash

Lost in speed
I din't like that movie, maybe it's my taste.
It's entirely in a different direction, than other 'Borat' & 'Dictator'.

What others are saying? Any1?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Oh yes. Alone. Hope you see this post before watching it in front of your family :p

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Skyfall - I am open for new ideas and was mentally prepared for a different Bond movie. I felt it was too stretched and lacked the content. Was a very average movie for me. Liked new M and Q though. I wouldn't even mind if M becomes 007 :) , because new M is my favorite. Ofcourse that wouldnt happen.

Woah! Now they have The Dictator in Hindi and Tamil!!! Maybe Faun can watch and tell us the experience.

amjath

Human Spambot
Skyfall - I am open for new ideas and was mentally prepared for a different Bond movie. I felt it was too stretched and lack
Woah! Now they have The Dictator in Hindi and Tamil!!! Maybe Faun can watch and tell us the experience.

:facepalm: don't encourage him :rofl: :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Holiday 6.5

So I read this quote in twitter and instantly felt like watching this movie. Searched my HDD and found I've the aXXo version :p

Stars Kate Winslet, Jude Law, Jack Black and Cameron Diaz!
A neat start cast and 6.8 rating in IMDB justified my choice before watching this.

Then 1 hour into the movie I was cursing myself for selecting this. Its been a long time (close to one year ) that I've willingly watched a love story. So, I had kinda high expectation from it.
Well, they should have named it "Cliche" rather "The holiday". All cliched items are neatly sewed in this movie. Then there are only two scenes which made me give this .5 extra rating.
Cameron Diaz overacts, Jude Law is just being british, Jack Black underacts and Kate is not being the damsel.

A one time watch. A bit long though (2Hrs)
Complain:-
And, Kate acts as a girl being on the receiving end of unrequited love! Oh, come on! She?! and on the receiving end of unrequited love?! People might have died for her but I guess she had ever struggled to get people's attention

Quotes from the movie (yes its in spoiler because its spoiler)
I've found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought. Personally, I have not experienced anything remotely close to that, but I am more than willing to believe Shakespeare had. I suppose I think about love more than anyone really should. I am constantly amazed by its sheer power to alter and define our lives. It was Shakespeare who also said "love is blind". Now that is something I know to be true. For some quite inexplicably, love fades; for others love is simply lost. But then of course love can also be found, even if just for the night. And then, there's another kind of love: the cruelest kind. The one that almost kills its victims. Its called unrequited love. Of that I am an expert. Most love stories are about people who fall in love with each other. But what about the rest of us? What about our stories, those of us who fall in love alone? We are the victims of the one sided affair. We are the cursed of the loved ones. We are the unloved ones, the walking wounded. The handicapped without the advantage of a great parking space! Yes, you are looking at one such individual. And I have willingly loved that man for over three miserable years! The absolute worst years of my life! The worst Christmas', the worst Birthday's, New Years Eve's brought in by tears and valium. These years that I have been in love have been the darkest days of my life. All because I've been cursed by being in love with a man who does not and will not love me back. Oh god, just the sight of him! Heart pounding! Throat thickening! Absolutely can't swallow! All the usual symptoms.

I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.

Last edited:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

I'd watch The Dictator in hindi. Again. :D :rofl:
havent seen mmuch hindi dubs.. how are they??

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Hotel Transylvania - *www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png*www.bookahotel.in/Images/HotelResult/star.png