Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
See no evil, hear no evil 7.5/10

Good comedy. Its what they say comedy of errors. The dialogs are real asset in this movie. Really funny ones in the beginning of the movie.

Gene Wilder is good but liked Richard Pryor's work more.

there is also a hindi remake of it hum hain kamaal ke! which is also good.:D

Yes, this name, I was searching it. I had seen that hindi movie but could not re-collect its name. Not bad though.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, this name, I was searching it. I had seen that hindi movie but could not re-collect its name. Not bad though.
I think even Pyaare Mohan had the same storyline, which was garbage to the core.

Moving on, completed watching Tom Hanks flick; BIG. I loved it. It had that classic 80's charm and warm feeling to it. Plus Tom Hanks being the marvellous actor that he is, doesn't fail to disappoint. It reminded me of 13 going on 30 in a lot of ways. The extended edition is recommended if you're getting this movie.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Yes. Saw both the RECs. REC2 ain't that bad either. And I have heard that Quarantine is a decent enough remake of REC. Some even say that it is better than REC itself. Haven't watched Quarantine yet.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes. Saw both the RECs. REC2 ain't that bad either. And I have heard that Quarantine is a decent enough remake of REC. Some even say that it is better than REC itself. Haven't watched Quarantine yet.
I saw Quarantine and it was really good. The irony is that I saw Quarantine without knowing it was a remake of REC and then proceeded to watch REC2 without watching REC. ;-)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Reviewing SAW series b4 watching SAW 6. Started from SAW 4 and this time I have a question.

~~~~~~~~~ Spoiler ~~~~~~~~~
The movie starts with Jigsaw's body in morgue then the movie ends with Jigsaw's body in the warehouse.
How is it possible? Am I missing something here?

Off to check out 3 again...hmmmm
~~~~~~~~ Spoiler End ~~~~~~~~~

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
~~~~~~~~~ Spoiler ~~~~~~~~~
The movie starts with Jigsaw's body in morgue then the movie ends with Jigsaw's body in the warehouse.
How is it possible? Am I missing something here?

Off to check out 3 again...hmmmm
~~~~~~~~ Spoiler End ~~~~~~~~~
*SPOILER*
My memory is a bit weak, but from what I remember, the start of the whole movie is about Hoffman getting a tape from Kramer's (a.k.a Jigsaw) body which tells him that he (Hoffman) would be tested & the games have just begun (even though Jigsaw is dead). The end that is shown is linked to SAW III's end, where Strahm arrives and shoots Jeff. In the same location; Jigsaw, Amanda and Lynn were already dead. The beginning of SAW IV was actually supposed to be the end (as you can see the scene reappears in the end). If you notice closely, both the SAW III and SAW IV end at the same warehouse location, meaning both films events occur at the same time. In one part, we have Amanda (Jigsaw's first accomplice) with Jigsaw doing their part AND then we have Hoffman (Jigsaw's second accomplice) doing what he was supposed to do. Amanda is killed in SAW III and Hoffman, therefore, becomes Jigsaw's prime game plotter. You'll now see in SAW VI, how Hoffman is put to test.
*SPOILER*

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*SPOILER*
My memory is a bit weak, but from what I remember, the start of the whole movie is about Hoffman getting a tape from Kramer's (a.k.a Jigsaw) body which tells him that he (Hoffman) would be tested & the games have just begun (even though Jigsaw is dead). The end that is shown is linked to SAW III's end, where Strahm arrives and shoots Jeff. In the same location; Jigsaw, Amanda and Lynn were already dead. The beginning of SAW IV was actually supposed to be the end (as you can see the scene reappears in the end). If you notice closely, both the SAW III and SAW IV end at the same warehouse location, meaning both films events occur at the same time. In one part, we have Amanda (Jigsaw's first accomplice) with Jigsaw doing their part AND then we have Hoffman (Jigsaw's second accomplice) doing what he was supposed to do. Amanda is killed in SAW III and Hoffman, therefore, becomes Jigsaw's prime game plotter. You'll now see in SAW VI, how Hoffman is put to test.
*SPOILER*

*Spoiler*
But the main question here is the tape was recovered from Jigsaw's body in morgue...when did that happen? Meaning, recovering Jigsaw's body and bringing it to morgue.

So you want to say or as I understand, 3 and 4 are parallel stories which ends at a same place. I've checked out 5 again, there were no sign of recovering Jigsaw's body from that warehouse.

Or, ummm......as Straham escaped from that place he informed police about it and Jigsaw's body. This is most possible reason.

So, SAW happens and SAW2
Then SAW3+SAW4=1 series.
What happens in SAW5 is actually the beginning of SAW4 which is again the story of SAW6..........ma:pullhair:n this is one hell of a series.

*Spoiler*

Sam, I take back my word on SAW series. This is one hell of a series. Initially I used to watch it when it released, hence remembered very little from previous parts and thats the reason for disgust.

But yesterday I started checking from part 3 to watch part 6.

All hail SAW......... :C_kiss::C_kiss::doublethumb::doublethumb:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
A Woman in Berlin 3.5/5

A decent account of the consequences of the russian invasion in berlin on german women

Thanks Maa 3.5/5

Amateurish and over-dramatic take on abandoned babies but the honesty of the film gets to you.some scenes have real gems of dialogues.feels a little dragged overall but certainly something that should be appreciated.we need more of this with better production

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
SAW 6 7.5/10

WTF???!!!

Is there going to be a SAW7?

All explanations given...why...who etc.

But, still a few left, survived, work is not finished.

quan chi

mortal kombat
saw

alright since there was so much going on about it i thought of giving it a try.

nice thrilling movie indeed with a surprising climax.:D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^this is stupid fanboy stuff.the saw series shouldnt belong here

What is your problem???!!!

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

TBS 7.5/10

Very good acting by the lead actor.

As the tagline says, "Not everything is love"...
Good thriller but lacks a conclusion. After the end of the movie I was summarizing the movie and could not found a substance. Any question u ask only one answer comes because he's a psycho...

Hmmm

quan chi

mortal kombat
this is stupid fanboy stuff.the saw series shouldnt belong here

sorry i couldn't get you.

as far as i am concerned.Read my comments again.i just started with the first movie.
and i liked it. it's not a bad movie except its a bit gory.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Strangers on a train (1951)

well can be watched as a thriller on lighter moments.Actually i was expecting some kind of twist as this is a hitchcock thriller but its just a plain story.

nevertheless watchable for once.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A man who went to Mars 7/10

A love drama (not story). Very slow pace as like Il-Mare but not upto that standard.

Emotional indeed.

@Sam, I watch movies like that only, silence, alone and in dark (pitch black). I closed all possible light sources in my room, glass windows have curtains if not they are covered by newspaper :-D

I told u, I kinda forgot the minute details of dat series but a continuous viewing last night answered my questions (not all though) :p

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Dear John - Its written by the Notebook writer. Bad script. Bad acting. Below par direction. Things just don't work this time. You can watch it if you want to know why this movie failed and you will get many reasons. :)

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
@rhitwick the saw series can only be popcorn entertainment at best.but to discuss it at such length here is plain stupidity.btw tbh,you've been rating worse than the TOI reviewer.

i'm making my final post in this thread.i guess nobody deserves great cinema to be reco'ed here :mad: