Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus 7/10

Its kinda gives Lynchian feel i.e I could not get this one complete. Either the main plot is what has been told to us it has some deeper meanings. Not a very good one on entertainment value.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
13 going on 30 very sweet movie about why people change and is for good or for bad........6.5/10
This movie made me fall in love with Jennifer Garner. One of the sweetest romantic comedies ever. She acted extremely well and suited the role as well. Highly recommended for sure.

quan chi

mortal kombat
sherlock holmes.well i think not completely the character conan doyle had created.but for a movie it was quite good.But the climax was not not much satisfying.

get smart.quite a nice movie.:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

guys suggest me some good spy/ secret agent movies...not the usual bond type..something which shows what exactly it is to be a spy...

jxcess3891

Evil mind
guys suggest me some good spy/ secret agent movies...not the usual bond type..something which shows what exactly it is to be a spy...

bourne supremacy series, batman series, zodiac, mr. brooks, mi2 series, mr. and mrs. smith, ocean's eleven series, inside man, saw series

best is to watch tv series like dexter, csi,

or else watch cid

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
American History X : 4.25/5

great movie... great story abt hatred amongst black and white people in USA... A must watch....

Tagline for the movie : -
"His father taught him to hate. His friends taught him rage. His enemies gave him hope."

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I just came back after watching Clash of the Titans in 2D. Yes, I know I should have seen it in 3D, but I enjoyed the movie. In fact, it surpassed my expectations, albeit with a few complaints. Loved the overall visual presentation and make up job. It was a splendid job which they did to the locations (minus the Gods place), especially with the Underworld area. I wanted to see how they had created Medusa and it was splendid. What I didn't like was how they portrayed the Gods and this is with respect to their costumes. Zeus and Hades felt like something lifted straight off the Lord of the Rings get up. Since when did Zeus have a white shining armour on him? and after watching Hades in God of War III, this avatar seemed pale.

How I wish they movie has lasted a bit longer in length and they could have easily extended the end battle. Gemma Arterton looked extremely pretty. Also why is this movie called Clash of the Titans when there are no Titans shown in the movie? :mellow:

I wish they pull up another sequel to this film. It has really good potential and can be crafted into something which can be even more epic, provided with right touch and extensive detailing.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
After AVATAR I am never gonna see any movie in 3D .... atleast in India for sure........Anyway I was a bit skiptical for catching this one in Theatre but after your comments...... I'd see if I still catch it the next week end.....
I decided to skip the 3D version after reading rhitwick's comments and a few other also said that the 3D version was disappointing. So just headed off to the normal show. I'd say it's not a highly impressive movie, but a certain watch in theatre for sure, unless you have time to wait for it's Blu-Ray and watch it on your home theatre. Some of these movies are best experienced on big screen. If you like Greek Mythology then this is a good watch. :smile:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Knowing 6.4/10

The movie starts well. Creates a mysterious environment and suspense. This was intact until that lady Diana was introduced and after that its downfall started. She has been give the most n00bis dialogs ever written in cinema history. Add this to clueless acting.

The ending is just WTF and WTH!!! I think the scriptwriters were also clueless about the ending and used chits to select one for the movie.

Special effect is mentionable specially the plane crash, train wreck.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I dont know the ending made perfect sense to me, infact that is not at all I was expecting and was kinda happy the way it turned. Though it was not a goundbreaking cinema but this is what 2010 should have been.

*********Following comments may contain spoilers**************
First you tell me if they were sent by God or Aliens. If aliens (seemed to me from that ship or whatever they used to pull up those kids) why would they try to save us? (not explained)
On what basis did they chose the "chosen one(s)"? (not explained)

Now if you want to say, they are aliens they can do anything they wish and need not to explain to me. Its alright, but you know, it does not go well with me.

The end is just a random solution from a lot of ideas put together (IMO)

And if they were God sent then...God save us
*******************Spoilers end*********************

Top Bottom