Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Its just that he needs to see more movies.

Watched Jab We Met. Decent movie.:grin:

Offtopic: how is that flaming lips album ? I was about to get it.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
a small query from me.
I was watching Jaane tu ya Jaane na today in some channel, and it has a background score which I bet was taken from some english album/movie. I just can remember from which artist it was!! can anyone point out the original?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
a small query from me.
I was watching Jaane tu ya Jaane na today in some channel, and it has a background score which I bet was taken from some english album/movie. I just can remember from which artist it was!! can anyone point out the original?
Death Race, I believe.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Watched avatar. I think right from the opening scene till that AVATAR title rolled the experience was mind blowing. I don't care what is the story, visuals, actors, blah..blah...
If something in the movie makes me feel good and gives lot of fun to me, That is a great movie for me. Even though it has no great story.

With that said, for a movie who's technical bars are this big.. The good story would have raised my fun factor drastically.

Director Succeeded in showing his dreams to the audience. Kudos James Cameron.

Verdict is.. I am not at all disappointed.I only wish that story could have been better.

But watching avatar was no way near to the experience of watching District 9. Heck.. Even after a week of watching D9 that story and characters used to haunt my mind. For me, Movie of the year is still D9.

Rahim

Married!
Mera Saaya *ing Sunil Dutt & Saadhna.
I thought Bollywood movies cannot capture the suspense and intrigue of Hollywood Movies but after watching this movie, I am impressed. The suspense is to such an extent that I was glued to the movie throughout and those melodious songs are simply, hummable :)
---------------------------------------------------

@kanjar: You are beginning to loose your movie-buff card :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Shekhar Sahu: +1 for Bridge to Terabithia. This one is awesome. Sort of like Dead Poet's Society. There was another similiar movie, story of a writer, his wife, their child, and the writer's publisher. Not giving away the main plot, but those who have seen it will recognize the movie. That one's great too.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Flawed goggles blur Avatar
Bangalore: James Cameron's Avatar might have elevated film viewing to a new level, but viewers at Inox, Jayanagar, complained of double vision and headache.

:D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Watched avatar. I think right from the opening scene till that AVATAR title rolled the experience was mind blowing. I don't care what is the story, visuals, actors, blah..blah...
If something in the movie makes me feel good and gives lot of fun to me, That is a great movie for me. Even though it has no great story.

With that said, for a movie who's technical bars are this big.. The good story would have raised my fun factor drastically.

Director Succeeded in showing his dreams to the audience. Kudos James Cameron.

Verdict is.. I am not at all disappointed.I only wish that story could have been better.

But watching avatar was no way near to the experience of watching District 9. Heck.. Even after a week of watching D9 that story and characters used to haunt my mind. For me, Movie of the year is still D9.

True and Ethan's also true, for me. District 9's so awesome, a movie like that will come once in a decade. Just like Titanic. Darn! No Phucin' tickets for AVATAR! :mad:

What will be in 3D, people? :lol: Will they shoot at me? Know what I mean?

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Flawed goggles blur Avatar
Bangalore: James Cameron's Avatar might have elevated film viewing to a new level, but viewers at Inox, Jayanagar, complained of double vision and headache.

:D

Oh! I'm going to the Inox at Garuda tomorrow!! Hope that's all right!!

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
Couldnt we all just have made a avatar thread and posted your positive responses about the film there.ntl,watched

Happy-Go-Lucky 4/5
again a solid performance by the lead.people talk about tea-time movies.this one's certainly a great tea time movie.a must watch,needless to say

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
Couldnt we all just have made a avatar thread and posted your positive responses about the film there.ntl,watched

Happy-Go-Lucky 4/5
again a solid performance by the lead.people talk about tea-time movies.this one's certainly a great tea time movie.a must watch,needless to say

Top Bottom