Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
What did not attain to my movie critic senses was the melodrama, the slow mo scenes, which even though less. Takes away the brutal aspect of war depicted, plus few of the dialogues were a bit off track. Over all a highly satisfying movie...7/10 for this one

I stopped watching it because of that.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The eyes of my mother - If you guys have watched Dread, this one is the baap of Dread! Atmosphere horror. Mind ekdum numb!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Arrival.. well well well, Arrival for me suffers the fate of what Primer movie was for me, Highly technical, scientific, and true to grounded basis of fiction, BUT as was Primer it suffers the dearth of the "Thrill" the "Entertainment" part, this is a Movie for Gods sake, its not a scene by scene depiction of an actual event that happened. You have to have some kind of mind stimulation going on to be remained interested in the movie, till the end. For the most of the first half I was glued and it was intruging, but in the later half it was just slow and boring, nothing much happened ... yes there was science, calculations, explainations and a so called twist, but nothing coherent which could have led to an entertaining experience, if I can put it that way. The plot was not "that" complex, and then the climax which also was sooo poor IMHO ofcourse.

Now before anyone says if you want entertainment go watch "Transformers" :) let me tell you there are movies that are highly technical, very accurate based on science and yet are highly entertaining and keeps your mind stimulated as well...Contact was one such movie, ARRIVAL had this in common with contact that a scientist is given the job to decode the language, but boy oh boy contact was super exciting, with an even more exciting climax, still remaining grounded with science and math, the technicality, everything. Intersteller is another example. ARRIVAL unfortunately didnt work for me ...sorry ....6/10 for this .

- - - Updated - - -

i dont remember. what would be the purpose of trump in an ancient chinese fantasy movie ?

Oh! God .....Its a sarcastic PJ , in reference to Trump's remark .... don't take it literally .... :D :D

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped watching it because of that.

It was not "That" bad to stop being watched .... but anyway ... :)

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Hey Guys,

Watched John Wick Chapter 2 yesterday. Just want to say that its super awesome! the action is phenomenal and even the smallest details are taken care of. Keanu Reeves is looking 100 times more badass than Jason Bourne, James Bond etc.

Must watch in theaters.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Kahani 2
In short it is not at all a bad film. If you liked kahani you will like this one too. Now the main problem with this movie is this time the "kahani" itself is a bit weak. Btw please note Kahani 2 is a thriller not at all a mystery/suspense film like the first one.However it suffers with weak story & a predictable climax.The best thing about this movie is that it is not at all boring & does not pretends to be something else, it tries to stand on its own .The acting part is another best thing, everybody was good. Anyways even after so many flaws overall kahani 2 overall is a good film if compared to the other bollywood craps we get every year.

Last edited:

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Logan 8/10
The Wolverine movie we all deserved. Bloody and brilliant!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Check Deadpool teaser.
He talked about Logan.
Deadpool 2 'No Good Deed' Teaser (2018) | Movieclips Trailers - YouTube
(Superman theme plays while the two men argue)
turn on "CC" to check this. lolz

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Incarnate - Amazing possession movie.. Nothing new but very well executed.. Reminded me of Matrix, Inception, The Cell, Insidious and few more...(i know... Wtf!). Still unique in it's own way.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
& jara hatke - Marathi movie, watched it with subtitles. It can give any Korean emotional movie a run for it's money! Well ahead of it's time.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Oblivion (2013) - 8/10
I thought it to be a low budget Sci-Fi movie but I was wrong it has one of the best Sci-Fi cinematography and awesome visuals.
though a little weak in the middle but ending is great

Top Bottom