A

amit.tiger12

Great Grand Masti - 6/10
Good adult entertainer.
This franchise is really doing well.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Baaghi 6/10

Not bad. If you skip the usual song and dance and the same-old story, you actually get a good action cinema.
It's a rare sight for bollywood movie for such class hand-to-hand combat scenes.

Tiger Shroff sure tries but a bit slow in action scenes. This is more visible in the final action scene where he fights with the (supposedly) chinese guy. Look at the speed of punches of the chinese guy and then look at Tiger's.
He's good but has a log way to go.

Check it out for once.

Udta Punjab 7/10

This is an essential movie for our time. A sure fire 8 rater from me but deducted one point due the length of the movie.

Acting wise, Aliah tops the chart, Shahid takes the second spot. Diljit Dosanjh takes the third place and (alas!) Kareena last.
I've no complain with the content or script but only one dept. became a weak spot i.e. the editing dept.

- - - Updated - - -

Barely Lethal 5/10

If you've not seen this, well... keep it that way.

A

amit.tiger12

Sultan (2016) - 7/10

Typical Salman Khan masala entertainer.. for entertainment 8/10

Good MMA fighters and action. New dance moves from Salman, Anushka Sharma with good acting and wrestling, few songs are good.
Better than Brothers movie in terms of story, comparing action both looks same in MMA, only Dhobi pachad move from desi wrestling was new in MMA.
Background story was better compared to Brothers movie.

"Khoon mein tere mitti, mitti me tera khoon.. Upar allah, nichein dharti, bich me tera junoon.."

There should be more wrestling moves for Salman, same 2 moves looked repetitive. Little slow pace of movie sometime.

That Cooker Sponsorer in movie is he one of the producer??

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Sultan (2016) - 7/10

Typical Salman Khan masala entertainer.. for entertainment 8/10

Good MMA fighters and action. New dance moves from Salman, Anushka Sharma with good acting and wrestling, few songs are good.
Better than Brothers movie in terms of story, comparing action both looks same in MMA, only Dhobi pachad move from desi wrestling was new in MMA.
Background story was better compared to Brothers movie.

"Khoon mein tere mitti, mitti me tera khoon.. Upar allah, nichein dharti, bich me tera junoon.."

There should be more wrestling moves for Salman, same 2 moves looked repetitive. Little slow pace of movie sometime.

That Cooker Sponsorer in movie is he one of the producer??

Watched because of family demand.. :)

Since I have not seen "Brothers", can't say much about it. However, whole time I had feeling as if I am watching Salman starrer Disney movie, everything was happening like fairy tale, winning everything and then loosing mind , then again coming to track and winning back his princes.

On the other hand, have first time watched a movie on its opening for star like Salman, hand goose bumps when people were shouting for Salman and his moves in the packed theater. I mean, its just a movie but people take it too seriously.. albeit fans of Salman.

It was a paisa wasool show.

A

amit.tiger12

Watched because of family demand.. :)

Since I have not seen "Brothers", can't say much about it. However, whole time I had feeling as if I am watching Salman starrer Disney movie, everything was happening like fairy tale, winning everything and then loosing mind , then again coming to track and winning back his princes.

On the other hand, have first time watched a movie on its opening for star like Salman, hand goose bumps when people were shouting for Salman and his moves in the packed theater. I mean, its just a movie but people take it too seriously.. albeit fans of Salman.

It was a paisa wasool show.
That's why i mentioned this in my review..

"Typical Salman Khan masala entertainer.. for entertainment 8/10..."

quagmire

Allllright !
Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008) - 10/10

The best documentary I've watched in my life.
Warning : It will emotionally destroy you..

Links in spoiler..
Suggestion : Don’t read synopsis or plot summary or any review with spoilers if you are gonna watch the movie..

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father (2008) - IMdb - 8.6/10

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father - RottenTomatoes - 94%

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Southbound 5.5/10

5 different stories connected by somehow I'm not sure.

11:14 is a better made movie than this, or even our "Darna Mana Hai"

Has some graphic violence which is kinda unnecessary.

A

amit.tiger12

You seriously went to see this movie in theater .....:silly_NF:

- - - Updated - - -

They Live .. Another 80s thriller, its cheezy, but its still one of the goods by John Carpenter. Keeps you entertained, that is something I will say....6.5 for this one.
Actually I don't waste money on entertainment unless it's worth it. Even if I am someone's fan, I will not waste money blindly. It's my "Khoon Pasine ki mehnat". Theatre/multiplex selling tickets at non sensible price. My questions for those who ask me these kind of questions.
Do you really think that actors should get 10-40 cr for a movie per year??
Even 5-7 lakh rs per year are not enough for an engineer to survive in this city?
Why he should waste unnecessary money on movies?
there is more I can't write it. There is uneven amount in all these industry. If it changes I will happily pay for each movie.

P.S. Don't take it personally or seriously.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Actually I don't waste money on entertainment unless it's worth it. Even if I am someone's fan, I will not waste money blindly. It's my "Khoon Pasine ki mehnat". Theatre/multiplex selling tickets at non sensible price. My questions for those who ask me these kind of questions.
Do you really think that actors should get 10-40 cr for a movie per year??
Even 5-7 lakh rs per year are not enough for an engineer to survive in this city?
Why he should waste unnecessary money on movies?
there is more I can't write it. There is uneven amount in all these industry. If it changes I will happily pay for each movie.

P.S. Don't take it personally or seriously.

The creed of entertainment system is based on only one thing, "an individual's perception of how he wants to be entertained".

If someone's personal taste is restricted to dumb-witted, borderline asinine, poorly written plot oriented movies, that's the choice he/she would apparently make to spend money to see said movies, but its still a choice that "HE/SHE" makes and not you, not me and not anyone else, and that exactly is how a target audience is born.

No matter how small or big that audience is, its there, and in this form of entertainment its only fair that such movies run in theaters for such audience. Its a thing of your personal predilection, neither a shame nor something to be proud of. If Mr XYZ is a prominent intellectual, a connoisseur of films , its HIS way of getting entertained and so he would spend his hard-earned money on such movies if they run in theaters.

Movies can be judged, actors can be judged, just like me and you can be judged but only to co-exist.

I agree on where you spent money to see the movie you want to see. I don't know much about how ticket prices are set in any country for multiplexes, or how that is decided and affects the profit-loss of movie industry, but I believe if you got to see a movie in theaters, you gotta pay for it, nothing much can be done about. if you are up to see "Grand Masti", someone else can also pay to see "Babel". But I like it more when you actually have paid and not pirated it.

A

amit.tiger12

Its not about money, the movie is so bat **** crazy crap, that I wont even watch it for free ...... but what ever rocks your boat ..... :) ....
There are 2 sams.
It's fun movie, some spend money for watching this adult content.
In villages where mobile internet isn't available those people will buy tickets for this movie.

And yes it's not always about money. There are many views of mine which are insane. (there are many people more than 50% which have same mindsets, you can't ignore that)

I support piracy. (Which I should not say on any public forum for security reasons)
ETC ETC ETC..

A

amit.tiger12

The creed of entertainment system is based on only one thing, "an individual's perception of how he wants to be entertained".

If someone's personal taste is restricted to dumb-witted, borderline asinine, poorly written plot oriented movies, that's the choice he/she would apparently make to spend money to see said movies, but its still a choice that "HE/SHE" makes and not you, not me and not anyone else, and that exactly is how a target audience is born.

No matter how small or big that audience is, its there, and in this form of entertainment its only fair that such movies run in theaters for such audience. Its a thing of your personal predilection, neither a shame nor something to be proud of. If Mr XYZ is a prominent intellectual, a connoisseur of films , its HIS way of getting entertained and so he would spend his hard-earned money on such movies if they run in theaters.

Movies can be judged, actors can be judged, just like me and you can be judged but only to co-exist.

I agree on where you spent money to see the movie you want to see. I don't know much about how ticket prices are set in any country for multiplexes, or how that is decided and affects the profit-loss of movie industry, but I believe if you got to see a movie in theaters, you gotta pay for it, nothing much can be done about. if you are up to see "Grand Masti", someone else can also pay to see "Babel". But I like it more when you actually have paid and not pirated it.

You didn't actually replied me. It was all your view. But I respect everyone's view/mindsets/opinion.
Last 2-3 sentence...
Yes, you want it you need to pay for it.. I know that. But my problem I can't pay money blindly. I can't bargain for it. For making every purchase we need to know right price for it.
I paid for many movies whenever got time.
I think we all need to redefine the word piracy.
I always wonder why all different movies have same ticket price?
If I shot movie in my room with my mobile and my movie released in theatre, pay same price and watch it.
Now compare my movie with big budget movie.

P.S. - I'm not good at group discussion or debate. So I leave this issue.
We will ask arnab goswami to do news hour on this issue "piracy".

quan chi

mortal kombat
No, it 15th now. They advanced the release date as the censor copy was leaked last week.
Thanks for the update. I was thinking that they might change the date & release it last friday. Anyways wikipedia still shows 22nd july.

Last edited:
A

amit.tiger12

There is difference mature adult content,(serious and comic) and cheap, quadruple meaning vulgar, senseless content ....... dialogues like ....

if grand masti is your definition of mature adult content, then I need not say more ....... but again ...if that rocks your boat .

Is there any better suggestion for this category in Bollywood or any other??

It's better than grand masti at least. Even i could not find anything to say in review, so it was 2-3 lines only. And now you guys are targeting me for small review.
BAD PEOPLE(sssss)..

Please don't target me, I'm learning to watch...

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Grand masti and other like it are cheap comedies
Hollywood example would be American Pie series
Basically any movie using sex as a medium for comedy

Sent from my Xperia Z

A

amit.tiger12

lack of options in a genre does not mean we settle for garbage, does it? so if there are no better sex comedies in Bollywood is it necessary to stoop as low as movies like Grand Masti ... :)

BTW I do have one for you ..Hunterrr ... but again this might not rock your boat if you are in to movies like Grand Masti .....
Already watched 'Hunterrr' any other in Hollywood or other country.
I will Google it. No problem

Top Bottom