Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
People here suggested sacrifice therefore saw it. honestly the film is pretty average, has no suspense or you can easily guess the entire story within 30 mins of the movie also its slightly boring too if you have already seen the movie The Wicker Man (1973).

shreeux

Movie Buff
People here suggested sacrifice therefore saw it. honestly the film is pretty average, has no suspense or you can easily guess the entire story within 30 mins of the movie also its slightly boring too if you have already seen the movie The Wicker Man (1973).

I watched remake version..for Nicolas Cage.
The Wicker Man (2006)
PG-13 | 1h 42min | Mystery, Thriller | 1 September 2006

quan chi

mortal kombat
Captain America : Civil war
Better than avengers 2. The plot/story of this movie is really good. Everything was balanced properly. It seems with each movie marvel is improving.

A

amit.tiger12

Anybody suggest me some hard core actions, like in daredevil season 2 punisher did it in jail..
Ground action, whatever people call these action, something like Raid Redemption. The Raid: Redemption (2011) - IMD

A

amit.tiger12

As for now..I remember...
Chocolate (2008)

Chocolate was ultimate, however it was not brutal like The Raid and Raid II. The Man from Nowhere comes in to my mind immediately, the last fight scene was awsome ....Flashpoint was just mind blowing ..... SPL Kill zone 1 and 2 both were ultimate .....Unleashed ... my one of the best from Jet Lee .... these are MA movies with some blood and gore ..... but as far as pure martial arts goes, I have another fav list .... ;)

Thanks.. Post here when you found more..

shreeux

Movie Buff
Chocolate was ultimate, however it was not brutal like The Raid and Raid II. The Man from Nowhere comes in to my mind immediately, the last fight scene was awsome ....Flashpoint was just mind blowing ..... SPL Kill zone 1 and 2 both were ultimate .....Unleashed ... my one of the best from Jet Lee .... these are MA movies with some blood and gore ..... but as far as pure martial arts goes, I have another fav list .... ;)

You may post another fav list in free time...Awaiting..!!!

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
fav list for pure, fast gripping classic martial arts ... My top 5 is like this .....

1. Knockabout (Biao Yuen's debut movie), directed by Sammo Hung) : Now the recommendation is purely on Martial Arts action quality, not on story or plot. the movie is just ok in the first half, but picks up good in the second with Biao's training sessions and all. The last half with revenge and ,martial arts is just mind blowing.

2. The Prodigal Son (Another Biao Yuen and Sammo Hung collaboration) awsome fight sequences. The best MA sequence in this movie does not even involve Biao Yuen, Its with Frankie Chan and is gut wrenching ...... don't expect anything as far as the story goes. Again first half is just time pass, the movie grips, and shoots during the second.

3. The Magnificient Butcher (Directed by legendary Yuen Woo-ping, action/fight choreographer for movies like The Matrix Trilogy, Unleashed (that I mentioned earlier), Drunken Master 1, Lethal Weapon 4 and lot much more). This movie is my one of the best for Sammo Hung, incredible fight sequences.

4. Drunken Master II . This movie does not need any introduction, my one of the top 3 all time fav Jackie Chand Movie. This movie has a story and is not to be missed by any MA action fan.

5. Ong Bak 2 .. yes I know not Ong Bank 1. even thought the fight sequences if OngB 1 were incridible, the final fight sqquence of OngB 2 was just bone wrenching ..... Ong B1 as a movie is much better then 2, but as far as Muay Thai bone breaking goes Ong B 2 takes the lead. Check out the final fight scene once again

Part 1 : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uue7gH4kS10
Part 2 : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd5MEsqmzFE
Part 3 : *www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfbqA1Kyw_0
I noticed that you have not mentioned any of the Bruce Lee movies. If you have seen his movies, Do you find above movies better than it?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

shreeux

Movie Buff
You have not seen Drunken Master II .. boy !!! first 3, I could have understood, but Legends of Drunken master (A.K.A Drunken Master II is just NOT TO BE missed movie).
Get it now and thank me later ..... :)

But your given link on "Drunken Master II" not working..So i found this The Legend of Drunken Master , Pls confirm?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have seen almost all main Bruce Lee movies, and I don't like them, Bruce Lee fights are not classic martial arts first, second the entire choreographies are more like a mesmerizing dance moves rather than hard hitting hand to hand combacts. Third, notice carefully none of the bruce lee fights seems like hard fought, seems all easy, I have not seen a fight where I see Bruce Lee struglling with pain, or struggling to win, its almost like a super hero. Watch the below video and you will see what I mean ...
Its just movies and we cannot expect a Hero to be struggling every time.
But its not like Bruce Lee had not taken a hit from Opponents.
There are many fights such as Chuck Norris fight

Enter the Dragon is the excellent movie I've seen from Bruce Lee.

And I agree that other actors such as Jackie Chan & Tony Jaa worked hard and got injured many times while filming.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Azhar 5.5/10
This movie was little disappointing considering the trailer of this made me hope for a good flick.
I feel the director was not clear whether he wants to present Azhar as Victim or Winner or Culprit.
Whatever rating is there for the movie would go mostly for Emraan Hashmi but have to admit even though he tried to copy his mannerisms , physically he didn't look like Azhar.
After I knew who the director of this movie was I was not hoping for great things but thought the character of Azhar itself will make the movie worth watching.
Can easily given this a miss for watch on DVD or TV channel.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Run All Night (2015) - 7.5/10
Excellent job by Liam and another excellent movie after Taken.
I liked the cinematography of camera zooming out & in in real time ;)

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Unforgettable (2011-2016)
- 7.1/10

Excellent crime drama.
Sober,composed,good cast but loopholes.

It's like a story repeats again like the mentalist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Zootopia-8.9/10
Awesome animation,cinematography and story.
Hats off best animated movie of the year.

London has fallen - 6/10
Fallen storyline,failed concept,super rushed,
Like they had to make the movie.
It's like infiltrating Scotland Yard as a joke.
Planting bombs in a funeral and blowing a cathedral
And you plant a bombed car above the bridge piers and they fall down.
Lame stroyline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom