Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Primal fear
This movie is really good.You may easily guess the ending though because the same concept might have been used in few other films too. But most importantly it was badly abused by a bollywood remake called deewangee.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yes indeed. Its somewhat like the usual suspects.
Btw thanks for recommending American History X. I haven't seen it yet. Speaking of norton yes he did performed outstandingly in this film. I think we should add The Illusionist too where I think it did good mainly due to his acting otherwise it has a weak story.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Fast-moving, epic-on-a-shoestring tale of one Roman soldier's fight that is by turns heroic, fearsome, funny, fateful and,so brutal, with swords hacking off heads at every turn.

Centurion (2010) 7/10
R | 97 min | Action, Adventure, Drama | 30 July 2010 (USA)

Have you watched other movies by him ?
The Descent
Dog Soldiers

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have seen Doomsday and The Descent, havent seen Dog Soldiers ...but looks promising ....

How is Doomsday ? Better than The Descent ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes bro, Don't Miss it...!!!

Watch The Descent: Part 2 also complete the series...quite good..!!!

Descent 2 Got bad rating. You think it's worth watching. I don't remember but I might have seen this already.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
MI Ghost Protocol - 5.2/10 - Why did I even watch this ? Only consolation is that it's executed better than Baby. Or Baby got the inspiration from this movie and various others. .2 for decent effects.
Finally someone who does not rates this movie high, I liked MI 3 much better.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Redirected 6.5/10

It started really well. Looked promising.

Then, the story started scattering. New characters were getting added in every 10 minutes. New events were getting added.
And I kept thinking how the hell the conflicts are going to be resolved?

Then the movie ended keeping all stories unfinished. I hope a sequel would be released or this was a total waste of time.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Signal - Looks more like an incredibly well done art school exercise. Could have been a cult classic but something is missing. I don't know what.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Identity
Another good movie. Bollywood copied this too & made I don't know if anybody remembers Khamoshh... Khauff Ki Raat.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Frequencies 7/10

Modern day brainfcuk.

Too much superficial on a complex subject and I'm not even sure what the subject was!

If you enjoy tickling your brain cells, give this a try.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I Origins - Fantastic. Reminded me of Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind somehow, though they are not at all related in anyway. Second half was a bit stretched but maybe i was sleepy...I was so sleepy but couldnt sleep without finishing the movie. Cant wait for the sequel. Will be watching Another Earth from the same director.

Already watched bro..Brotherhood of war...Look this.....

My Way” from being a superior Korean war epic, and what it lacks in emotion or originality it makes up for with gorgeous visuals and astounding battle scenes.

My Way (2011) 9/10
"Mai wei" (original title)
R | 137 min | Action, Drama, History | 20 April 2012 (USA
)

Je-kyu Kang’s ‘My Way’ is not just a film you watch; it’s a full emotional experience. ‘My Way’ will take you on a moving journey through several countries and languages as you watch the intersecting lives of two young boys, one Korean and one Japanese. This is Korea’s most expensive film to date (approximately 28 million dollars in production costs), which is readily apparent given the epic scale of the film and the Hollywood-style action sequences. This is one of the better films I have seen in recent memory and most definitely the best film dealing with war-time since Spielberg’s ‘Saving Private Ryan’

Man! you do type too! I used to think must be an autobot or something.

Niilesh

Padawan
Mr Nobody (2009) - 9.5/10
Fight Club (1999) - 8.8/10
The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) - 8/10

All are must watch

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I Origins - Fantastic. Reminded me of Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind somehow, though they are not at all related in anyway. Second half was a bit stretched but maybe i was sleepy...I was so sleepy but couldnt sleep without finishing the movie. Cant wait for the sequel. Will be watching Another Earth from the same director.

It reminded me of The Fountain. Beautifully shot.

I don't think a sequel is necessary. It's a complete movie.

Already watched Another Earth. It's more like drama than Sci Fi.

Did you watch Melancholia ? It's pretty cool visually but it's a drama too. I will have to re-watch. Last time I could not hold my attention to the story.

Niilesh

Padawan
Frequencies 7/10

Modern day brainfcuk.

Too much superficial on a complex subject and I'm not even sure what the subject was!

If you enjoy tickling your brain cells, give this a try.
I don't remember it to be a brainfck movie but it was interesting watch.

Niilesh

Padawan
Did you watch Melancholia ? It's pretty cool visually but it's a drama too. I will have to re-watch. Last time I could not hold my attention to the story.
I watched that movie but couldn't really understand it.I mean what the movie wanted to Teach?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I watched that movie but couldn't really understand it.I mean what the movie wanted to Teach?

People had problems in life. The approach of planet exacerbated that. Something like that. I will have to watch again.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ Sam, shreeux, do you both have Trishul tattoos on your left shoulders?

[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] - In fact yes. I do recall at one point of time I felt it like The Fountain. And Perfect Sense too. Deja vu of so many fav movies- all woven into one. Thats probably I couldnt sleep without finishing it.

I think the director wanted to make a futuristic movie but was short on budget. He was impatient so he made the prequel. By the way, the director
seems to be the only person who understood the logic of Aadhar card in India.

Added Melancholia to the list.

Frequencies is....

Last edited: