Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
The league of extraordinary gentlemen
anybody read the comics?
Anyways the movie is not as bas as the ratings say. Yes there are some silly or stupid dialogues and plots but overall its a decent movie. Atleast far better than that stupid watchmen as far as I am concerned. I think the movie is slightly underrated at IMDB & too much underrated at rottentomatoes.

Flash

Lost in speed
Anybody watched Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem?'
Except for the Bat-family Vs Joker, nothing great in the storyline. OK'ish for a 1 time watch.

Dont get fooled by the name "Monster Mayhem".:evil:

Niilesh

Padawan
MI 5 - 7.5/10
Decent watch but not that great

Triangle - 10/10

I just got mind ****ed. Highly recommend.
yeah it was nice but since i had already watched Predestination and time-crimes so it was not that interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

anybody read the comics?
Anyways the movie is not as bas as the ratings say. Yes there are some silly or stupid dialogues and plots but overall its a decent movie. Atleast far better than that stupid watchmen as far as I am concerned. I think the movie is slightly underrated at IMDB & too much underrated at rottentomatoes.
yeah this movie is 6.5/10 IMO, and watchman was like 7/10.

Flash

Lost in speed
anybody read the comics?
Anyways the movie is not as bas as the ratings say. Yes there are some silly or stupid dialogues and plots but overall its a decent movie. .
Don't worry. It's getting rebooted by FOX.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Birdman- Highly recommended for movie buffs who look for more than just entertainment. It's not an easy movie. Watch it only if you can bear Nightcrawler and anything that's a notch up in the same league except with even lesser mainstream entertainment formula.

Time Lapse
- Another time related movies. Fairly interesting and unpredictable turn of events at the end. If you are running low on your sci fi time paradox movies then it's a good refill for sure.

Not rating any of these.

- - - Updated - - -

Triangle has nothing common between predestination and TimeCrimes.

There are things in common, for example, the running theme.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Aankhon Dekhi again. Brilliant movie.

I am talking about conceptually, else you can always find some or the other thing common among all movies on a granular scale

What concept are you talking about

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
naaa leave it ...... I dont like to spell out everything, but conceptually Triangle was quite different than either of the two movies .....

I agree that "Traiange" is different than any otehr time travel movie out there.

All time travel movies tell your intrusion can have impact on future but Triange says nothing can be changed.
IDK, if this is what sam was saying.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Guys can you list some good cult Bollywood movies

I often feel alienated when guys reference some dialogues from old movies...

The only movie I have watched is sholay..

Any movies whose dialogues are famous and cult following doesn't necessarily have to be a good movie..

Picked out..
Deewar
Anand
Any more

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys can you list some good cult Bollywood movies

I often feel alienated when guys reference some dialogues from old movies...

The only movie I have watched is sholay..

Any movies whose dialogues are famous and cult following doesn't necessarily have to be a good movie..

Picked out..
Deewar
Anand
Any more
Sholay
Jaane bhi do yaaron
Golmal
Guddi
Prem-rog
Chameli ki shaadi
Karz
Mera Naam Joker
Shree 420
Mother India
Woh saat din

And, lots and lots more

I find movies movies made in the 50-90s were made with utmost care.
The director wanted to tell a story, most of the time a good one.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Drag Me to Hell (2009) - A nice entertaining horror flick. Not scary at all although children might still get frightened. Even found it to be funny in parts. But still in no way a bad movie. Recommended for those who like horror-comedies. I'd rate it 6/10.

Dark Skies (2013) - My favourite of the lot. It's probably the best horror flick I've seen since Sinister (2012) which I watched a couple of years back. Although it's not as good as Sinister but I think it comes close. It was very scary (I tend to get scared a lot) and also well-acted. The build-up was very good and as well as the ending which is kinda rare in horror flicks. Had a few sci-fi elements that were rather interesting and made the movie different from the lot. I'd rate it 7/10.

Silent Hill (2006) - Watched it just out of curiosity as it's based on the video game of the same name. Since I never played any Silent Hill games so I didn't know what to expect. I think the movie was average. Liked the background score which was probably taken from the games. Not very scary. Had some gory scenes here n there of which I'm not a fan. 5/10

Nothing Left to Fear (2013) - Another average horror flick. The first half was good and kept me guessing but what happened in the second half is beyond my comprehension. Many questions were raised but were left unanswered at the end, the most important question being why it happened what happened? 5/10

Haunt (2014) - This had the potential to be at least a good horror movie if not a great one. The build up towards the climax was well done but just as it seemed the movie's gonna shift gears, it came to an abrupt end. The ending was so WTF that it makes watching the whole movie pointless. I actually felt cheated. It's either due to the filmmakers wanting to try something different or may be they didn't know how to end the movie properly, whatever it was it ruined the movie. 5/10

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Time Machine (1960) - IMDb
Beautiful & neat movie. The main awesomeness lies in how it makes you feel like you are reading a book. Far better than most of the craps we see today.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I agree that "Traiange" is different than any otehr time travel movie out there.

All time travel movies tell your intrusion can have impact on future but Triange says nothing can be changed.
IDK, if this is what sam was saying.

For something to change, it should bifurcate into two different realities separate from each other.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Jean Reno playing excellently. A very well done movie that is about much more than killing people as a profession. It's well directed and well told. Simply amazing.

Natalie Portman as (Mathilda) is played good performance equal to Jean Reno

Léon: The Professional (1994) 9/10
"Léon" (original title)
R | 110 min | Crime, Drama, Thriller | 18 November 1994 (USA)

Bichhoo

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jean Reno playing excellently. A very well done movie that is about much more than killing people as a profession. It's well directed and well told. Simply amazing.

Natalie Portman as (Mathilda) is played good performance equal to Jean Reno

Léon: The Professional (1994) 9/10
"Léon" (original title)
R | 110 min | Crime, Drama, Thriller | 18 November 1994 (USA)

I'm more than glad that you did away with the font you were using.

- - - Updated - - -

For something to change, it should bifurcate into two different realities separate from each other.

But no Timetravel movie goes into the grandfather paradox. THey always show the impact being on he same timeline/reality from which our hero/villain had come.

Top Bottom