Motorola ROKR Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey guyz,

has any1 know when will moto is goin to launch thier i398 handset..its gonna be kick ass model......but im not sure whether it will support vid rec...have u got any idea :roll:

Edit [Nemesis]: Thread title edited. Check my post to get more info on the new Moto phone

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
@ achacko@dataone.in

thanks 4 replyin mate...no im not talkin bout e398, im talkin bout moto's new phone its either i398 or e370...but it has iTunes for sure...do u know anythin bout it ??

Charley

Just Do It
Ur really confused even with the models which u wanna know.

Be spcific on what u need and which model.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey read Time of india....moto is lauching iTunes mobile phone later this week...i think ur current affairs knoledge is a bit on lower side :roll:

Charley

Just Do It
Dont u point ur finger at someone trying 2 help u ... Really absurd.

If u have seen it in the TOI, then why didnt u mention the set which u wanna know. Instead u make up somethg and accuse ...

THE SET YOUR LOOKING FOR IS MOTO E 790 and not the umpteen sets u mentioned above.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
my dear friend, achako, motorola and apple are lauching an itunes fone tomorrow at an Apple-sponsored music event.

As with apple, they keep the product a secret till the lauch date.

Please update urself mate... if you don't know.. don't reply

Neways... don't mind.. :)

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
@achako

read the reply of "mail2and" instead of updating ur knowledge, u r blaming me...not done

Charley

Just Do It
mail2and said:
my dear friend, achako, motorola and apple are lauching an itunes fone tomorrow at an Apple-sponsored music event.

Please update urself mate... if you don't know.. don't reply

:lol: I've already mentined the set which the bloke needs. He isnt aware of what he saw in the paper and writes models which r existant.

Painkiller said:
@achako

read the reply of "mail2and" instead of updating ur knowledge, u r blaming me...not done

Mind ur words. U didnt even know which model u wanted to knw abt the release. :lol: Perhaps u shud post correct info from any source so that u get ur info. :x

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Alright, enough bickering...

@painkiller : If you don't know something yourself, you do not get the right to insult others about not knowing.

@mail2and : I expect a lot politer posts from you, and I know you are capable of doing so, that's why you have the Brainiac badge ;) Be a little more patient!

@achacko@dataone.in : Chill out, there's tonnes of stuff we all don't know. no need to lose your cool!

Now play nice all of you!

Raaabo

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
raaabo the refree!!! ;) ;) ;) hehe....

yeah moto and apple are coming out wid the phone. its got some cool features! but i guess it'd be quite expensive.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Yes, I edited the thread title in accordance with the new phone that was announced by Apple and Motorola yesterday. It is the iTunes phone and the official name is the "Motorola ROKR E1"

Follow this link to get more info on the phone:

*direct.motorola.com/ENS/web_producthome.asp?Country=USA&language=ENS&productid=29790

It has iTunes, uses microSD/TransFlash cards and has stereo speakers (22khz). I believe it's just an upgrade to the E398 as the ROKR shares looks and a whole bunch of features with it.

It costs $249 with a new 2-year contract with Cingular Wireless. So I expect the unlocked version to cost around $450-500 which tranlsates to a price of about 20-25k as and when it launches in India.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Oh man this thread was really a hot one
at last Raaabo and Nemi cooled it :cool:

and Nemi thanks for the Motorola ROKR E1 link

this new phone is really supreme

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eek... sorry raaaabo...

btw, ROKR is just a modified version of the e398 which supports video recording and carries a 512 mb T Flash card... not to mention the 262k colour screen.. it is retailing for $250 currently which means when it'll be out here in november-december, it'll cost around 13-15k.

ofcourse it has itunes and i guess they have solved theBT issues that were present on e398...

all in all a gr8 buy!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Andy, it is $249 with a 2-year contract!! The unlocked version will cost at least $200 more than the one that Cingular is selling. Beesides, SE launched the W800i at the 24k price point (if I'm not mistaken) so I doubt if the ROKR will cost less than 20k at launch. We have to wait and see how the iTunes integration works. Everyone knows that iTunes for Windows is a memory hog :p

Let's hope it doesn't do the same with the ROKR :D

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
nemi.. itunes runs beautifully on os x :p

and ROKR duznt run windows :p

as blade said, it's more likely to be a J2me app..

igeek

Broken In
The Motorola ROKR doesn't have any expandable memory via Memory Cards
see at ROKR Home

Also, it stores only 100 songs & it accepts songs only from iTunes on PC/Mac, & its reported that its interface doesn't work properly, meaning that the song pause on a call & then resume after call is buggy, you can read about it at <Link Removed> No advertizing of personal sites.
-Nemesis

IMHO, the Sony Ericsson W800i(Walkman phone) is a much better choice & good investment, as the interface is slick & quick, comes with a 512MB card & the music pause & play is good, so far, I've yet to come across a negative review on it.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey all,

i was really busy searchin the net for the new motorola rokr (finally i got the name right) ;) a lot has changed since the last post....

* mr admin has changed the title of the post...which is good
* there is a bit of controversy between me, achack n mail2and over the posts

ok...let me clear a few doubts...i didnt posted my comments to insult any1..so if any1 feel insulted...im sorry....secondly...i asked for the info about the new moto phone becuase nobody was sure about its name..some ppl called it e398 with itunes/e370/i398....and finally when it come out...it is motorola ROKR..so i was a little confused at the start (not any more).

as far as the price goes...i think its gonna b between $200-$250 bracket..im just wandering when it will come to india....any info :?:

once again, i have no hard feelings for achack nor i tried to insult him (shh...i think he's banned now :lol: )

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
igeek said:
The Motorola ROKR doesn't have any expandable memory via Memory Cards, see at ROKR Home.

Also, it stores only 100 songs & it accepts songs only from iTunes on PC/Mac, & its reported that its interface doesn't work properly, meaning that the song pause on a call & then resume after call is buggy, you can read about it at diGit Blog.

IMHO, the Sony Ericsson W800i(Walkman phone) is a much better choice & good investment, as the interface is slick & quick, comes with a 512MB card & the music pause & play is good, so far, I've yet to come across a negative review on it.

ah... dude just take a break... you look stresses out seriously... do u even know wht a mobile phone is? What digit blog? u start your own blog and review stuff and u think ur great?

Moto ROKR comes with a 512 mb T-Flash card... it is a modified version of moto e398.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom