Moto X or iPhone 4s

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Which phone to buy for a 54 year old man? iPhone 4S offers simplicity whereas Moto X is the hottest mid range android right now .

iedigcom

Broken In
iPhone 4S but you can't use most of the latest software its not supported but iPhone is king of mobile technology.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Moto X is just awesome. Simply a brilliant idea put together. It's price is mid range, but performance surpasses top of line Androids, and also has very good build quality, which IMO is a big factor for any phone.

Now it's tough to say if it will be perfect for a 54 year old or not, however the age is not the factor here, how he uses a phone is. If he is a smart type of guy then undoubtedly Moto X, but if he is like my parents who use to come to me for even a simple thing, then maybe that fruit company. Still why aren't you considering WP?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
a 4.5 incher will be better suited than a 3.5 incher for a 54 year old person, just my suggestion..
going for windows phone could be a better choice because he might not bother with games and stuff.. the larger icons and simplified UI might be better, thats what i gave my dad anyway

abhidev

Human Spambot
M using Iphone 4s and must say its not that bad but coming from Nexus 4 I ain't liking it at all...I would say go for Moto X

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
WP is also simple to use yes... and he's the kind of person who would call me up to enquire what are those arcs ... I wud say its a WiFi signal :-D
so tats y a bit resisting android since it's a bit geeky OS... was thinking of 4S since will go for 8GB low cost model and that much memory is enough ...
I find iPhone satisfying since mostly everything associated with it works as it is told ..like battery drains up normally & doesn't behave abnormally (my nexus 7 tab 2012 only wifi is starting to behave abnormally , charges at very very low pace in usb mode & not impressive with power adapter either) ... it charges up pretty fast with the power adapter, sound quality is very good with good position of the speakers , not like when you put the phone on a table , sound is gone as speaker is covered (seriously phone becomes very cheap quality & there are many with this anomaly) ... one button to silent your phone (mute button-->>damn simple) ..display is automatic brightness, I don't have to do anything , it just adjusts itself according to the atmosphere & is very soothing... when i go out , brightness increases ... and seriously in bright sunlight , the display is VISIBLE... here's the list of phones which i have used & they would turn COMPLETELY DARK when in sunlight making the user blind ( i don't find any mention of this thing in the millions of reviews that people give of any phone, its so irritating this anomaly):
Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos, Sony Xperia E Dual, Samsung Galaxy Y, Nokia 5230, Motorola Defy Plus.....

& finally the "smartphone" does what is atleast expected of it...the functions of a "phone" very quickly and efficiently: Call, Messages
I have had bitter experiences with the above phones like taking 2 minutes to ACTUALLY CALL after i have tapped the CALL button :-D .. This became regular with the defy plus ... while the Galaxy Ace Duos would take that much to just LOAD the CALL LOGS :-D ...
So i'm very satisfied with my iPhone 4 ( a 3.5 years old phone ) despite what members here complain of Apple products.

Last edited:

Prashmith

Journeyman
iPhone 4s uears old go for moto x the new one out there and using android which some simple launcher like smart launcher even gives iphone a challange

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Went with iPhone 4 white as not much difference between 4 & 4S except the price. And google now is available for iOS 7 which is way better than Siri. The owner seems to be extremely happy. Will post pictures soon ...thanks guys for ur opinions

Top Bottom