Moto X 2015: Style and Play Discussion Thread

Superayush

Tech lover
Can you tell me how its better then Zenfone selfie ...
on paper I find zenfone having 3 GB RAM, 13mp front cam with flash as advantage.
moto x play have bigger battery and unoptimised 21mp back cam .

End user experience along with special features like active display , moto voice , gestures u will be getting fastest android updates and since its stock android u will be making the most out of the ram available.

You remind me of my friend who like xiaomi because its hardware is good for price.
But budddy sometimes its not just raw specs but the end user experience u are gettting from the device that matters i hope u understand ;).

P.S. Camera review of play has been quite positive , google :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am actually disappointed with its camera review.. I would have certainly consider it since it have Sony's latest cam module. But its unoptimised, poor details , poor low light performer...I will wait for more reviews
I am also waiting for moto x style :D

I tested Sony C5 at mall and in real life, pics are lot better then what people think of a 13 mp cam :)

the.one

In the zone
on paper I find zenfone having 3 GB RAM, 13mp front cam with flash as advantage.

Definitely zenfones seem good vfm on paper.

I would prefer the zenfone 2 laser with sd615/3gb ram/720p display.

But where the moto x play attracts me more is the optimised and better looking android UI, faster & confirmed updates, promises long battery life.
Plus the device physically looks a lot better than any of the zenfone. Its really compact for a 5.5" device (smaller than a zf5).

Only if they could pack a better chipset - maybe sd808 from the style into this and have only one moto x - i would be the first one to buy it.

Last edited:

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Definitely zenfones seem good vfm on paper.

I would prefer the zenfone 2 laser with sd615/3gb ram/720p display.

But where the moto x play attracts me more is the optimised and better looking android UI, faster & confirmed updates, promises long battery life.
Plus the device physically looks a lot better than any of the zenfone. Its really compact for a 5.5" device (smaller than a zf5).

Only if they could pack a better chipset - maybe sd808 from the style into this and have only one moto x - i would be the first one to buy it.

Check this-
*youtu.be/605fKVfRlrY

Moto X Play goes neck to neck with LG G4.

tkin

Back to school!!
SD 615 with 2GB RAM for Moto X Play. :|
Standout features are the large 3630mAh battery with turbo charging and 21MP camera.
Priced at 18,499/-. Dunno if it can dent the OPT's sales!
Doesn't need to, how many OPTs are selling anyways? Stock constraints are there and people who are still waiting for OPT will keep on waiting, what this can do is take over the 15-20k range. That's a critical spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the best part about 18.5k launch price of play is style could actually start at 25k :* , would recommend everyone waiting for it , btw play just killed its closest competitor for the price , zenfone selfie :p
It just lost its edge. Good bye Asus. I think their ZF2 Laser will do well.

tkin

Back to school!!
Bigger battery, stock android, faster updates and possibly better back cam, loses out on the RAM, front cam and lack of availability atm.

Superayush

Tech lover
ok asus zenfone 2 laser (sd 615 model) gives play a run for the money at 14k but

By spending 4k more u get:-
Better battery
Better screen (crispier)
Stock android and fast updates
Some special moto features (active display , voice , assist , gestures)
Supposedly better camera
[STRIKE] Stereo speakers[/STRIKE]
Water repellant

But i agree only if play had 3gb ram it would had been brilliant...thats a slight set back and yes tkin u are right no stereo speakers on play..and lack of gyroscope is clear absurb ..this is something i didnt expect..

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
wait, they launched the single sim version here? :confused:
SIM Type - Dual Sim, GSM + LTE

So, dual nano, 3G+4G.

BTW: Hope you guys know that the X Play lacks Gyroscope, so that means no photosphere, cardboard or youtube 360. Some not-so-popular games might be having issues as well.

- - - Updated - - -

ok asus zenfone 2 laser (sd 615 model) gives play a run for the money at 14k but

By spending 4k more u get:-
Better battery
Better screen (crispier)
Stock android and fast updates
Some special moto features (active display , voice , assist , gestures)
Supposedly better camera
Stereo speakers

But i agree only if play had 3gb ram it would had been brilliant...thats a slight set back.
2015 is the year of compromises, be glad that the ram and gyrsocope is the only two thing they skimped on.

Are you sure about Stereo speakers? Thought only Style had stereo speakers.

tkin

Back to school!!
We also get Turbo charging in Moto X play, which I think is not available in zenfone 2 laser 3gb (sd 615 model)
Yes, but you need to shell out extra 1k and it comes with the cable attached to the powerbrick. Worth the money though.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, X Play lacks Gyroscope, so what can be the issues?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well flipkart listing says its Dual sim but model number is XT1562, where as GSMArena says Dual sim version's model no is XT1563. Zauba.com on the other hand has records of XT1562 being a DS (dual sim) variant.

tkin

Back to school!!
You cant get the 3d wallpapers (like the iphone parallax wallpaper)

Compass and maps works better if you have gyro.
Damn it, I purchased a few parallax wallpapers last month(minima pro), seems I need to research a lot about the lack of gyroscope before I purchase this device. My budget allows me to move upto 25k(i.e Moto Style), seems I need to research.

And I really love the Moto X Play, it's perfect for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Well flipkart listing says its Dual sim but model number is XT1562, where as GSMArena says Dual sim version's model no is XT1563. Zauba.com on the other hand has records of XT1562 being a DS (dual sim) variant.
Screw up? Is the Indian model x1562 having true dual sim or hybrid dual sim?

m31

Right off the assembly line
Is the camera in Moto X Play better than oneplus one ?

Also there was a news some time back that we can by moto phones from moto care in major cities , like Bangalore.

Has anyone visited these ? do they have phones on display and to try out ?

Top Bottom