Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The phone features a 4.5 inch LCD IPS screen, the Google Android Kitkat 4.4 operating system and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, and U.S. pricing of $179 with no contract for the 8 GB version.
The phone is closely related to the Moto X that was released three months prior, although there are some key differences despite their similar appearances. The Moto G won't be able to have active notifications, quick capture, and touchless control like the Moto X due to the Moto X using a special processor that would be cost-prohibitive for the Moto G. In addition, unlike the Moto X, the Moto G has a removable back cover so that users can customize the phone in whatever color they want; although the Moto X has its online MotoMaker that also allows the user the customize their phone, the casing on it is permanent instead of interchangeable like the Moto G.

Unlike the Moto X as well as most smartphones in general in 2013, the Moto G doesn't support 4G LTE, which is thought to be less of an issue in the developing markets the Moto G is aimed at, due to the lack of LTE technology in those markets. Evolved HSPA would provide the device's fastest mobile data speeds.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13879&d=1394983544

Anybody able to find a case/shell locally?

Attachments

• you dont say!.jpg
    you dont say!.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 173

blackpearl

The Devil
Will somebody please show me a working guide to root the device?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/181935-rooting-moto-g.html

blackpearl

The Devil
I know about XDA, but this why I'm asking

Guys, I want to root my phone so that I could install some apps that require root.

I headed to XDA-developers forum, but when I saw the procedure, my heart sank. I need to unlock the bootloader and doing this will WIPE MY ENTIRE PHONE!!!!!!?? The last time I rooted any Android was my LG P500, and the rooting process was one-click affair, no data loss, no risk. But what the hell is this? I have installed dozens of apps and customized my phone. What will happen to those? How do I backup? How do I recover? I have no plans of installing custom ROM. Man, this sucks. :(

Calm Down.
Unlocking bootloader doesn't "wipe your entire phone". Where did you read that? Give the link to the forum. :/

Will rooting the phone wipe all data?

After 48 hours and two emails later Flipkart has finally arranged a replacement for my Moto G. Should get it by Wednesday. Hopefully, the replacement would be all ok.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Will rooting the phone wipe all data?

No. But unlocking bootloader will. You don't have to fear about loosing your data if you take a backup of the same.
Contacts are backed up with Google sync. And messages can be backed up with SMS Backup+ *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Hi guys,

I don't know how to sync my Facebook calendar with the moto g calendar widget... I tried to sync the calendar with my Facebook account but In the options all it shows is my Google account...

toofan

Technomancer
Forget my moto G default charger at home and now charging with Samsung charger. Just getting a feel that its charging little faster.

rickenjus

In the zone
Hey guys, I tried connecting my new 1 TB WD My Passport Ultra with moto g using otg :p, but was unsuccessful, I'am getting this message

" Blank USB Storage "

will formating it in ntfs or fat32 be helpful.???

- - - Updated - - -

Also anyone tried the same.. ??

- - - Updated - - -

finally i was able to pull it off.. tried total commander with usb mount plugin and voila it worked like charm.. bt as expected battery is draining like water...
one more thing one can write from hdd to device bt not vice versa.. bt im happy that I can pack lots of stuff when on vacation... 1 TB is hell lot of space.. :))

toofan

Technomancer
Guys Does MG heats up while Wi-Fi "ing" or gaming ??
No it doesn't while WiFi networks (i kept it on whole night yesterday and desig.)and while gaming little bit. Don't know if it's due to hands holding it for long.

- - - Updated - - -

please suggest a better charger for mobile g thanks and also please suggest are good antivirus for me.
friends currently trying the voice typing feature of this mobile and its working pretty well sometimes its typing wrong as i could not speak much faster or in a better way all this text is typed on voice commands please you also try this feature and comment it's not feature its
but i am facing 1 problem that i cannot delete the text which is typed automatically and also could not connected correct it yes so please if any tips waptrick then inform me.

- - - Updated - - -

Some mistakes above due to voice typing.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
i have installed older version FPse to play some ps1 games but bloody roar 2 runs very slow in full screen mode, so should i buy the latest version of FPse from playstore and check if the game runs faster?

Superayush

Tech lover
Slightly off topic but what are the odds of a person winning in flipkart contest of give away of 7 phones if he answers every question carefully?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Anyone from Hyderabad sold their Moto G recently? I just picked up less than a month used Moto G 16 GB black for 9k for my sister today... with box and all accessories, no bill... If anyone on TDF sold it, what was the problem you faced that you sold it off so soon?

eagercyber

Broken In
MOTO G - I have got 16 GB version. I use Motogenie for syncing with my Lenovo Y500 (Win 7 ultimate)

I see that I can't transfer mp3 files of large sizes like 40 MB. Is there any limit by design?

Also for video files, is there any limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom