Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl

The Devil
Guys, I want to root my phone so that I could install some apps that require root.

I headed to XDA-developers forum, but when I saw the procedure, my heart sank. I need to unlock the bootloader and doing this will WIPE MY ENTIRE PHONE!!!!!!?? The last time I rooted any Android was my LG P500, and the rooting process was one-click affair, no data loss, no risk. But what the hell is this? I have installed dozens of apps and customized my phone. What will happen to those? How do I backup? How do I recover? I have no plans of installing custom ROM. Man, this sucks. :(

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys, I want to root my phone so that I could install some apps that require root.

I headed to XDA-developers forum, but when I saw the procedure, my heart sank. I need to unlock the bootloader and doing this will WIPE MY ENTIRE PHONE!!!!!!?? The last time I rooted any Android was my LG P500, and the rooting process was one-click affair, no data loss, no risk. But what the hell is this? I have installed dozens of apps and customized my phone. What will happen to those? How do I backup? How do I recover? I have no plans of installing custom ROM. Man, this sucks. :(

Calm Down.
Unlocking bootloader doesn't "wipe your entire phone". Where did you read that? Give the link to the forum. :/

vikash

Journeyman
Root isn't necessary for greenify..
But it's recommended for automatic hibernation

Was doing some research on battery related apps. So, sharing my knowledge,
I read about Wakelock detector which can give you an idea of which app is preventing android from deep sleep. Later you can greenify those apps. Have a healthy battery!!

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Does Neutron Music Player works fine or what ? I'm suggesting this player to a friend(Moto G owner) who listens to a lot of music

Some audiophile help needed :p

blackpearl

The Devil
Calm Down.
Unlocking bootloader doesn't "wipe your entire phone". Where did you read that? Give the link to the forum. :/

I saw this thread xda-developers - View Single Post - [RC-FAQ] >> Frequently Asked Questions for Motorola Moto G [Updated : 2014/02/24]. Found this thread via this [INDEX][REF][GUIDE][RESOURCE] Welcome to your Motorola Moto G - Resource Guide - xda-developers

If this is not the correct method, please show me the correct one.

mojojojo

Broken In
I have read lot of battery stats posted on xda and people seem to be getting 2 days of standby with 6hrs of SOT. I only get a bit over a day of standby with 4.5 hrs of SOT. Is that below par or is it the norm? If its below par, what are the ways in which I can improve the battery life?

Piyush

Lanaya
Piyush, can you let me know the standby time and the SOT you are getting per charge?

Well I received my phone on last Saturday. So Im not qualified enough to clear this doubt of yours. Though I can say this that I charged the phone on Saturday evening and it still showed around 35% left in the morning.

reniarahim1

Youngling
Moto-G now at 10% discount for Axis bank Credit/Debit card holders :- Moto G - Buy Moto G Online at Best Price in India - Flipkart.com

Last edited:

deep001

Broken In
What flip cover do you use? Dont say the original one, its too damn costly.... Is there any decent flip cover i can buy onlin now...???

toofan

Technomancer
How is this Flip cover, looking to buy one for myself.

YGS Flip Case Cover Battery Back Replace For Motorola Moto G Xt 1033 Black: Buy Online @ Rs.249 /- | Snapdeal

- - - Updated - - -

also this one
*www.amazon.in/i-KitPit-Leather-Flip-Cover-Motorola/dp/B00IWRPABW/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&qid=1394468232&sr=8-50&keywords=moto+g+flip+cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom