Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Folks, my Power key is a bit shaky. Is that the case with all of you. Worried coz, obviosly its a frequently used one for unlocking. Surprised consireding the much hyped build quality of Moto G!

I don't use the power button to lock. I use "double tap the status bar" to lock feature. Its there in Cyanogenmod and can be enabled here: Settings> Interface> Status Bar.
But I don't think its available in the stock ROM. You can still use an app like Screen Off to lock your phone through an app.
Or this app: Button Savior.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I don't use the power button to lock. I use "double tap the status bar" to lock feature. Its there in Cyanogenmod and can be enabled here: Settings> Interface> Status Bar.
But I don't think its available in the stock ROM. You can still use an app like Screen Off to lock your phone through an app.
Or this app: Button Savior.

Thanks, never noticed this feature until now.

ankush28

Bazinga
Wow OTG works like charm :)

No need to root, kitkat update has inbuilt feature for mounting! (setting -> storage )
I am able to read/write USB storage.

I am using sandisc cruzrer blade and Corsair GT both formated in FAT32. OTG cable i am using is cheap unbranded one.(50 rs :lol: ) one can grab from street vendors.

- - - Updated - - -

Update

You can even keep data of games on USB PD Some games works some doesnt.

toofan

Technomancer
Friends I want to ask that does These Android Phones(specially Moto G) has scanner function in there camera. How is this different from taking a photograph. As I am an engineer I am looking for a phone which can scan drawings and other documents so that these can be available in hand at field.

Currently I take snaps of drawings in Mobile as jpeg and but viewing them in a small screen is not a good experience. I had seen someone scanning large drawings in a Note 2.
thanks

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
I've connected many times :lol:

Connect USB cable -> go to settings->storage->click on three dots in top right corner ->USB computer setting -> tick MTP and you are good to go :)

rickenjus

In the zone
I did factory reset yesterday to address battery issue.. and at night I put my device on flight mode and checked "restrict background data" option, killed all background process running and when I woke up today I found battery level reduced by only 2% on 8 hours.. is that moto g's exceptional battery or normal for any phone...??

moreover after I switched flight mode off and 2g data on.... while background data restricted.. my battery is still draining fast.. what I guess from all these is that poor signal strength might be affecting my battery both sim's network is going on off sometime getting full bar other time one or two and sometime none. ....
could that be the possible reason.. ????

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
After how many days, shall we expect a price drop of moto g? or they are not going to reduce the price due to high demand?

anky

Youngling
I did factory reset yesterday to address battery issue.. and at night I put my device on flight mode and checked "restrict background data" option, killed all background process running and when I woke up today I found battery level reduced by only 2% on 8 hours.. is that moto g's exceptional battery or normal for any phone...??

moreover after I switched flight mode off and 2g data on.... while background data restricted.. my battery is still draining fast.. what I guess from all these is that poor signal strength might be affecting my battery both sim's network is going on off sometime getting full bar other time one or two and sometime none. ....
could that be the possible reason.. ????

in my case battery backup is amazing, yesterday when i woke up (8-8:30) my battery level was about 95%, and i used wifi for about 12 hrs, calls for 1-2 hrs(with headphones) and gaming for about 10 mins, and at last at 3:am today my battery was 26%, even my friends are astonished by my phone, its performance and battery backup.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Guys. Anyone please suggest me a good charger for Moto G? Inbuilt charger takes 2hrs to charge fully and heats up unusually, scared if it would blow off. Micro usb charger listings in eBay doesnt have spec details. I want a 1.5A charger.

I also need charger... I bought mobile from UK. I don't get charger..

can I charge moto g with nexus 7 2012 (tablet) charger?

rickenjus

In the zone
ya I too love moto g's display and speed...

@ toofan... downgrades always involves risk of bricking so its not for me..

- - - Updated - - -

@ lywyre... will do that..

vikash

Journeyman
I read it in a review that Moto G's stock camera app supports Burst Mode.
SOURCE- Motorola Moto G: Camera

That could be handy, because using third party camera app just for burst mode, was not a good experience for me. The image quality and storage, both had to suffer.

Anybody to confirm???

anky

Youngling
I read it in a review that Moto G's stock camera app supports Burst Mode.
SOURCE- Motorola Moto G: Camera

That could be handy, because using third party camera app just for burst mode, was not a good experience for me. The image quality and storage, both had to suffer.

Anybody to confirm???
yeah, i just checked it, it does have a burst mode and it is really fast and quick..!

rickenjus

In the zone
Got email from flipkart..

"Did you order the Moto G on 6 Feb? Here are the winners from our Day 1 Lucky Draw Offer! "

God... after reading first few words, I hurriedly read the line.. I thought I was one of them.. my heart skiped a beat.. Then I hold myself and re-read again, and got that its just a list .. still gone through it searching my name like its actually there..

and at last disappointed.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom