Motherboard+Proc+Ram+HDD for 10k-11k

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am planning to upgrade my Backup P4 comp to a dual core or something which comes within my 10k-11k budget...its used by my parents..so its primary usage is movies & some office work...the reason of my upgrade is failure to get spare parts & slowing down of browser pages like youtube etc...it has a limited usage...i already have a LG DVD Writer,CRT monitor,PSU,Cabinet & one SATA hard disk..but still planning to buy an HDD...Also i was thinking maybe a DDR3 compatible motherboard...So could you guys pls suggest a good Configuration for this price???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get these:

Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ ~3.5k else Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 2.7K
Biostar TA785 G3 @ ~3.5k
2Gb DDR3 ram @ 2.5k (any brand you able find or like)
WD 500Gb Blue (your existing sata maybe Sata I) @ ~1.9k

Total: 10.6-11.4k

but i'll say go with the tri core & try unlock it to 4th core, as Biostar board support ACC.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
get these:

Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ ~3.5k else Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 2.7K
Biostar TA785 G3 @ ~3.5k
2Gb DDR3 ram @ 2.5k (any brand you able find or like)
WD 500Gb Blue (your existing sata maybe Sata I) @ ~1.9k

Total: 10.6-11.4k

but i'll say go with the tri core & try unlock it to 4th core, as Biostar board support ACC.

Thanks..will check it out....

EDIT:-

i went to lamington road in mumbai to ask for these items & they told me that AMD II X3 435 is not there anymore..the biostar motherboard you suggested also wasn't there..one of them told me that new biostar motherboards are coming in the market in a month or so...so any other suggestions...

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks..will check it out....

EDIT:-

i went to lamington road in mumbai to ask for these items & they told me that AMD II X3 435 is not there anymore..the biostar motherboard you suggested also wasn't there..one of them told me that new biostar motherboards are coming in the market in a month or so...so any other suggestions...

as i thought. Athlon II X3 slowly vanishing from market. Biostar 785G board is gone. so so you better go with Athlon II X2 + Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H. total price should remain same.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
as i thought. Athlon II X3 slowly vanishing from market. Biostar 785G board is gone. so so you better go with Athlon II X2 + Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H. total price should remain same.

ahh i c..but which X2 model should i opt for????because even 250 one wasn't available...what are my options in this???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ahh i c..but which X2 model should i opt for????because even 250 one wasn't available...what are my options in this???

visit E-lounge & ask about availability of Athlon II X2 & X3 processor. ask him for complete list of prices. only than we can suggest which is best buy (as many models may have been discontinued by AMD without we having any knowledge).

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
visit E-lounge & ask about availability of Athlon II X2 & X3 processor. ask him for complete list of prices. only than we can suggest which is best buy (as many models may have been discontinued by AMD without we having any knowledge).

Ok fine..will enquire & get back to you... :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so i managed to enquire about a few things..X2 250 is available in some places but one of the stores was insisting that Gigabyte GA-MA785GM & one Asus M4A78LT-M are better than the biostar motherboards...they didn't have the biostar one...so can u tell me which one is better???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so i managed to enquire about a few things..X2 250 is available in some places but one of the stores was insisting that Gigabyte GA-MA785GM & one Asus M4A78LT-M are better than the biostar motherboards...they didn't have the biostar one...so can u tell me which one is better???

Asus is bad. that Gigabyte is AM2+. so DDR2. ask about the 785GMT-US2H. if it have & priced below 4.5k, its a good buy. else check for MSI 785HM E51.

Top Bottom