motherboard and CPU buying suggestion

iWOOFER

Broken In
suggest a good CPU and motherboard(gigabyte,msi) for crossfiring amd 7850
I also want to know which cpu will be the the best for my GPUs.
My budget for cpu is arround 12k.

thanks in advance........!!!!

Vishnupg45

Liverpool fanatic.
for the 12k you can get an i5 2500.
If you can spend 1k more you can get an i5 2500k processor which you can overclock.

koolent

Youngling
For motherboard, I would highly recommend to get ASUS Maximus V GENE because of professional OCing options and stability that you will require as your processor is made to OC.

CPU|Everything for your budget|Intel i5 2500k|12k
Motherboard|If you DON'T want to OC|ASUS P8Z77-M PRO|13k
Motherboard|If you WANT to OC|ASUS Maximus V GENE|15k

And the ASUS Maximus V GENE is my favorite sub 16k Motherboard too.. :)

Last edited:
OP
iWOOFER

iWOOFER

Broken In
i have no plan of OCing,but will my vx 550 be able to power them up? (i5 2500k and double 7850)
and what is my AMD option for CPU? AMDs FX is not good for gaming??

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
FX is not good for gaming purpose . The best FX processor is FX 8120 . It has 8 cores . But most of the Game Does not even utilize 4 cores . The best processor would be AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T .

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
For motherboard, I would highly recommend to get ASUS Maximus V GENE because of professional OCing options and stability that you will require as your processor is made to OC.

CPU|Everything for your budget|Intel i5 2500k|12k
Motherboard|If you DON'T want to OC|ASUS P8Z77-M PRO|13k
Motherboard|If you WANT to OC|ASUS Maximus V GENE|15k

And the ASUS Maximus V GENE is my favorite sub 16k Motherboard too.. :)

LOL the Z77 chipset allows Overclocking!! Research more before recommending anything :)

@OP get either ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4 or ASUS P8Z77-M Pro. Both of these boards are good overclockers and great performers at their price range.

ok....then what about PSU? i have vx 550

VX550 for crossfiring HD7850 is NOT GOOD. Change to atleast Seasonic S12II 620W or Corsair HX650.

koolent

Youngling
LOL the Z77 chipset allows Overclocking!! Research more before recommending anything :)

@OP get either ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4 or ASUS P8Z77-M Pro. Both of these boards are good overclockers and great performers at their price range.

VX550 for crossfiring HD7850 is NOT GOOD. Change to atleast Seasonic S12II 620W or Corsair HX650.

I did never say that it doesn't allow overclocking, in fact it is good at it.. But Maximus IV GENE is better for overclocking.. I think you didn't get it.. ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the best OCing mobo is SaberTooth Z77 - better than Maximus IV GENE but ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is highly recommended ( at-least from me )considering the price ( only 9.5k ), feature, Oc capability and quality it's one of the best Z77 mobo.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Review - Introduction

koolent

Youngling
Ya bro, ASrock is a great brand too.. And the one topgear suggedted is super nice.. Go for it as you do not have intentions to go crazy with an OC.. :)

dfcols71

In the zone
arjun please provide the link asrock has llc problem, i have seen many asus boys but none
has given a link to the supposed problem- the asus boys on tdf forum are better reviewers of mobos than votex,tomhardware,ocaholic?-my 2 cents