Moser Baer is a damn Cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haider_up32

Broken In
lg and samsung is also very highly reputed companies ...but if ask an eng. he will tell u that they sell chinese **** in their tv sets....

Raccoon

Journeyman
Either you must be blind or spreading FUD. Check the site again.

MBIPG101W04 is Moser Baer but It's 2nd Class and not 3rd!

For others, beware that there are duplicates of all brands out in the market. For example there are 2 variants of MoserBaer itself, one with the proper labelling and logo on the disk and the other one white one with MoserBaer written in the center. The white one is a replica and not the original one created by Moser Baer.

I have never had problems with original Moser Baer Disks but the white replica Moser Baer have given me hell lot of problems on the first try to read after write itself!

It's the duty of every citizen here to distinguish between an original and a fake and not go on bashing without understanding what you're talking about or because you were duped by the CD wala into believing that it was the original one and not replica.;)

Could you maybe post pictures of the fake disks and what you say are the original ones? Would help prevent us from getting ripped off by sellers of the fake stuff.

As for my experience, I'v only burnt CD-Rs since I got my 1st optical drive - an LG. The drive itself is now approx. 4 years old and seems to be very good. I have not got 1 single coaster with it, with either "good" media or cheapo media. I just discovered that it seems to be made in Japan by Hitachi-LG (if I remember correct), and imported by LG India. Maybe that explains the quality! I doubt LG has this kind of quality in its current DVD writers.

As for the media, the 1st set of disks I bought from the dealer of the drive were Mercury. I didnt know any better that time. :x As of now, most of the CDs I burnt 2 - 4 years ago have deteriorated in varying degrees. Some are totally useless. Just like all its other products, Mercury was amongst the worst media I'v used. After they ran out, I bought only Sony and Moser Baer (both Pro and ordinary). None of them have given up on me yet (approx 2 years). Its a shame, however, that we dont get anything better than this in the market...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Ya...definitely MB deserves dat....i lost many bugs on this MB.....as it was
recommended by my engg frnd...:D

Never Buy the silver Moser-Baer CD/DVD they china-made.....buy the one with
red color mark...MB Pro....they r good

But now i prefer SONY....they r the way 2 go...;)

Also wanna try Melody DVDs coz they got second rank in Blank DVD media after SONY
dats y...:cool:

toofan

Technomancer
Let me put some light on this matter.

My brother works as an engineer at Moser bear, Greater Noida plant. And He told me something that most of you may be unaware.

He said all the Disks are produced there in their plant and then labeled as Sony, Samsung etc as per order given by the respected companies. They don't produce their own disks.
All those companies make order to Moserbear to produce Disks.
So whether you buy a sony or other you are actually buying disks produced at Mosearbear Plants most of the time.

Every company has its own specification of disks and these are produced as per required quality.

He has told me the signs of Original Moserbear Disks. I forget this time but will soon post those.

I may be missing something but soon will ask him about the details.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
He said all the Disks are produced there in their plant and then labeled as Sony, Samsung etc as per order given by the respected companies. They don't produce their own disks.
All those companies make order to Moserbear to produce Disks.
So whether you buy a sony or other you are actually buying disks produced at Mosearbear Plants most of the time.

^^^:shock::shock::shock:
Unbelievable

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^

Intresting if true! Somehow, I'v never felt that the Sony discs we get here are upto the mark... can only say that they are better than the other stuff I'v used. Dont even know if its really a Sony in the 1st place. Have never seen stuff like Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, TDK, et., in the market here. Do you even get them in India?

Its quite apparent that MB supplies disks to others for branding. The only 800 MB discs Iv ever found were labeled as Sprint... but the MID showed it to be a Moser! I need to use 800 MB discs sometimes, for video files that dont fit on normal 700 MB discs. Anybody ever used 800 or 900 MB discs here?

Raccoon

Journeyman
Never saw that brand here. But are you sure your burning software and drive supported overburning? Did you enable the mode in the burning software and do a test, etc??

Most CDs can be overburned to some extent. However, I have found Moser Baer to have the least overburn capactity! The max, overburn capacity I had found in Samsung. However, the MID suggested that it was made by some cheapo maker like Princo or Plasmon or something like that... cant recall exactly now. Thats amongst the few brands I'v tested. Havent tested them all.

Today I went to buy a couple of DVDs and when I asked for one Moser Baer, I was shocked to find it the upper layer to be just totally white and blank! Only the transparent inner side had Moser Baer printed on it! I asked the shopkeeper if its genuine, and he assured me it was... but I didnt buy it and went for Sony and National instead.

To my suprise, I found that the MID of the National is MCC 03RG20 and the maker reported is Verbatim! :eek: Thats supposed to be good media!!! Am wondering if its really genuine....?!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I use DISCOVER DVD's @ Rs. 10 apiece!! :D They rock!

btw why the heck are cd/dvd's so freakin fragile. Couldn't they have made the specifications for them to be a bit more hardy? I mean one scratch and they dead. They are completely unreliable.

Raccoon

Journeyman
One scratch and dead? I dont think so? If the scratch is on the underside (shiny surface), it shouldnt mater so much. If it is on the top (label area), then very likely you will have a problem. Are you sure your issue was caused due to scratches?? That said, I'v never really had a problem with scratches... maybe becuse I handle my stuff very carefully. All problems were due to other issues like upper layer peeling off for no reason, dye degradation, etc.

Never heard of Discover DVDs... whats there MID?

toofan

Technomancer
I asked my bro today(on phone) and he said that there are 83 companies for which moser bear produces CD/DVD Disks. And this year the coding of their disks starts with 8 for 2008 and then the lane no. of the disk where it is manufactured.
The code is printed at the inner side of the disk.
For me moser bear is always a reliable brand.

Raccoon

Journeyman
^^^

Intresting! I checked a few MB discs... and they do seem to start the begining their code with last figure of the year.

But I didnt get what you mean by "lane no. of the disk where it is manufactured"??

toofan

Technomancer
Actually Moser Bear is one of the biggest plant at Greater Noida(no surprise If itis the the biggest ). And there were many small units which do this work and these are given some code or number and the no. of that particular unit form which it is made is printed on the disk so that it can be identified later.

toofan

Technomancer
DVD is not a much safer media to use. One single scratch can make anyone cry. I lost my tom Clancy game just because I didn't checked that its burnt properly or not.

N

neopats

Moser Baer is a good brand. I've found out that National and Discover brands r actually made by Moser Baer when I checked it with DVD Identifier. It seems that National brand is 2nd quality disc i.e. not upto Moser Baer quality specs and Discover brand is 3rd quality. It might be better to sell it under another brand name than throwing it away as scrap.

I got a pack of 50 dvd-r of National brand for Rs. 335 (6.7 each!!!)once , later for Rs. 340 and then bought Discover brand for Rs. 340 (National was Rs. 360 then) from Lamington Road, Mumbai. I think i was duped the last time... should have paid 20 more n got National.

Just 1 National disc ended up as coaster from around 115 that i've used and 3 Discover discs from 50.

I would recommend National brand - Cost vs. Performance. Discover discs r not to good. You can see manufacturing defects in some discs - radial lines, bubbles n uneven coating of the ink.

BTW... Moser baer has got a couple of plants around Delhi and a number of companies outsource the manufacturing to them. Lane number is actually (assembly) line number.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Never saw Discover around. But bought a couple of National discs as I got them for Rs. 10 each. AFAIK, they had Verbatim MID on them!! Obviously fakes...

They are not good... mebbe barely ok for temporary/not very important data.

nix

i have quite a lot of 'amigo' and 'mmore' cds. gotta check their MIDs. they sound fake tho..

Raccoon

Journeyman
Mmore is known to be cheapo quality stuff. Cheap in price and quality... ok if you want to store data for short period and save some bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.