Monitor trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys..

I have a Microtek 15" monitor, it was working fine,
but from last 6 -8 dayz it was giving delay in starting, ie after starting nothing appears on screen for few minz, that time goes increasing and today nothing has appeared from last 3 hrs,
Well I kno I have to now goto service center , but before that I wanna know that wht could be the problem ?

ONe more thing !! sometimes it automatically changes the color of screen (ofcourse when it was working) , changes the color of screen as cable is loose but cable is fine.. and then automatcally get to normal !!

So guys plz suggest me wht could be the problem !!

and also hw much service center guy can charge for it ?

wAiting..

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Yo either its monitor cable is gone. Its not much of a costly affair. But if the monitor is not turning on and that time is increasin steadily then man ur in deep sh!t then go to a service center u trust coz in a problem like this there is a tendency to say that the EHT is gone and the put a heafty bill on ya so go see it. And man i need ya help man gonna make a project in Linux so pls help me can ya pm me at michael_kale_in@yahoo.com

wORm

Journeyman
I had similar problems with one of my monitors, delayed start, screen turned green at times. The technician told me that it was some kind of a minor electrical problem. Your picture Tube etc. is probably fine, I think you may have to spend upto 500 on repairs.

GameAddict

In the zone
Something same happened here...

Hi,

I came across a similiar problem few weeks back. Monitor was showing a green tinge all over the scree.Had to go for repair (Rs.350/-).Some soldering was loose.It's working fine now! :)

GA

suave_guy

pedal to metal
The green screen u guys are talking about happends/occurs due to the presence of magnetic field around/near the monitor like unshielded speakers/subwoofers and the cure is to degauss the monitor screen. Most of the newer monitors have this option to degauss the screen and this should be done only once within 30 mins. to avoid any damage.
If you dont have the degauss feature then just leave the monitor and it will be back to normal colors after sometime.....You shud also place ur speakers at some distance from the monitor to avoid such problems.
As far as the delay in displaying the screen is concerned i think there's a problem with electron gun which is causing the delay in the electron eruption which in turn is delaying the warming up of the screen, and hence the delay in the display of the screen.
I'm not too sure though....this is just a guess/estimate

Enjoy :)

wORm

Journeyman
suave_guy, the green screen we are talking about is not due to the tube getting magnetised. Its a power problem that makes horizontal green lines appear on the screen, unlike blotches which appear after the tube gets magnetised. Deguassing doesn't help.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
wORm said:
I had similar problems with one of my monitors, delayed start, screen turned green at times. The technician told me that it was some kind of a minor electrical problem. Your picture Tube etc. is probably fine, I think you may have to spend upto 500 on repairs.

Seems to be my case but they were not lines..

Well will go tomorrow to service center !

suave_guy

pedal to metal
worm said:
suave_guy, the green screen we are talking about is not due to the tube getting magnetised. Its a power problem that makes horizontal green lines appear on the screen, unlike blotches which appear after the tube gets magnetised. Deguassing doesn't help.
Thanks for correcting me worm....Well the magnetising of picture tube also causes the green patches and thats what i presumed....

Enjoy :)

gaurav_018

Broken In
i also have a problem with my monitor

in the past few days. at random intervals my monitor flickers, britens and then acts like i degaussed it. it happens only sometimes. what do you think is the problem? it's happened about 5 times in the last 3 days. i keep my comp on 24/7.
also the problem happens both on linux and 98 so it's not a driver problem.

theraven

Technomancer
well its simple
its a monitor problem
whatever it is .. service it .. or get rid of it as fast as u can
it just gets worse

busyanuj

In the zone
Ricky said:
Seems to be my case but they were not lines..

Well will go tomorrow to service center !

the "green" tinge appears if one or some of the pins ( that connect the monitor wire to the back of the cabinet) are broken and need soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom