Monitor and Graphic card suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
hi,
My configuration is :
Quad Core 6600 (Extreme TRUE for cooling)
Abit Quad GT Mobo
4gb Corsair XMS DDR2 ram 800Mhz
Tagan 600Watts
3 HDD
1 DVR RW
CoolerMaster 690 Cabinet

I want to buy a new monitor preferably 24" HD and a graphic card. Please suggest.

Purpose: gaming and movies. I also design so will use it for my work as well that is related to graphic and web design.

Budget: around 26-27k.

Buying time: 2nd week June. As i will bring my machine in the 1st week on june from Kolkata to bangalore

Consideration: I was looking at 2309 from dell as i see it has more than HD resolution and also build in WebCam.

Suggestion needed.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Considering you have a good budget, go for an 8 bit IPS panel (16.7 million colours). You can check if it is an IPS panel on the Internet. Generally available monitors are 6 bit TN panels, not good for designing and such other purposes.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Sorry, one mistake. An 24" full HD IPS panel will exhaust your budget, you won't have anything left for the gfx card!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes ur suggestion,

BenQ 24" G2420 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 11.3k
MSI HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.9k

Total 27.2k

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can any one recommend any Dell or Samsung monitor.... if its with Webcam its better... I am not sure abt Benq or other players in the field.

altecmayank

throttle press fire !!
:mrgreen:I have ordered for dell 2309. wil let u know how it is when it arrives. IPS panels are better.. no doubt. but, if u goin for dell ips panel, no way you'l get them by 1st week june, even the 23inch one. they are not available. for yr purpose, ips is definately better. 2309 is also good though. read very good reviews for it, and it is not one of those shitty tm panels, rather a good one, and gave some people a feel of being a iPS panel altogether. Web cam+microphone is always the BEST advantage for me, hate to buy more hardware and cluster my table. the benq monitors are good ajayashish. don't go by wrong assumptions. they are a weak brand only in india, outside india they are a potent and known force with quality hardware. infact the 24inch model is splendid with a great viewing angle, better than 2309. however, if u or others going for it, pls do a bit research on its bleeding issues. m a bit confused there.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^ let me know when u get ur monitor... and where do u stay and how much did it cost u....

Also, i understand that IPS panel will be better for me but the budget is a factor for now. I generally work only 3-4 hrs at home so dont think investing so much will be a nice idea.

altecmayank

throttle press fire !!
Sure ajayashish. i wil let u know as soon as i get the quote from my dealer. yes i have yet not paid :p ... i paid him 1000/- rs as deposit and rest later when the compplete assembled s=ystem arrives.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
If you are buying a samsung monitor by any chance, make sure to check the stand, the oval one's (syncMaster) are not very steady and the monitor shakes with the slightest touch. Also plugging the VGA/ DVI cable at the back is very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom