Modems - Advanced Tweaking - ask doubts here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Re: "tarey_g" Help needed??????

Check your modem properties in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager. Go to Power Options of the property and verify that the setting that allows Windows to turn off the device is unchecked... This should solve the disconnection problem

Arun

amit2005

Journeyman

vimal_mehrotra said:
If you want help from him,there is a thing known as "pm"
And on the 192.168.1.1 there must be an option to restore everything to factory settings.Find that and
reset it.
it's also for public opinion..if others cud also help .. n i did PM him..n iknow wht tht means....if u donot want to help..u need not to open it

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

*members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=503416
First result in google search for mt882 firmware....

amit2005

Journeyman
s18000rpm said:
^oops:oops:
my mistake, sorry everyone, i'll edit my post:)

just go to Advanced Settings, & in Modulation Mode select some other mode (e.g. G.Lite/G.DMT/T1...)
[refer first pic]

for me in G.Lite mode i was frequently getting disconnected, but in G.Dmt mode the connction is very stable.:)

so try it & report back:)
thnx for reply..but i was asking how cud i make my pc to now again detect modem thru usb....plz help

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

@amit2005 i've already gave a Possible solution here ->Modems - Advanced Tweaking - ask doubts here

you could have continued in that topic itself :wink:

prasad_den

Padawan
Latest firmware for MT 882:
The firmware is V100R002B023

*www.sendspace.com/file/dlfifz

Below is the original V200R001C01B021SP03 firmware, in case you need to roll back the firmware.

*www.sendspace.com/file/dx0wrp

Note: If you receive an 'Invalid File Name' error while trying to upgrade, Try changing the extension of the firmware dump to .xDSL, that is the default extention of the firmware for huwawei modems

Disclaimer: I Have a MT 880, so haven't personally tried these firmwares..!!

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
try re-installing Modem drivers :wink:

& just for a info, LAN port is Faster than USB connection, so dont feel bad about the spending on LAN card:)

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Is ADSL router D-Link 502T ADSL 2+ compatible ? if yes how can i make it ? where are the firmwares for the same available? what is the procedure for upgrading the firmware ?!:)

when i searched web, i saw many people had screwed router upgrading? Anyone Xperienced it? plz share

47shailesh

Security Exp

amit2005 said:
where i cud find it..plz help no help frm google..every one is looking

wtf you google

look this....
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=437107&postcount=8

amit2005

Journeyman

sakumar79 said:
Check your modem properties in Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager. Go to Power Options of the property and verify that the setting that allows Windows to turn off the device is unchecked... This should solve the disconnection problem

Arun
that didn't solve the prob.....

Arun
that didn't solve the prob.....

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^I have replied your pm, hope it helps. I was not online whole day :).

*img248.imageshack.us/img248/4329/huaye8.jpg

If this does not work ,than there is a reset hole in the backside of your modem. That thing is given to rese your modem to factory settings .
I have never tried it so google before trying it. Search the forum i had suggested you for more help on this or visit the huawei site.
*img404.imageshack.us/img404/8568/181159383971210bi4.jpg
See if anything related is given in the cd which came with your modem. The cd has a pdf mannual for your modem, i am sure they have given guidelines regarding using factory reset hole.

Last edited:

amit2005

Journeyman
i've done every bit repeated resets..n all but ..i guess that firmware upgrade of MT880 has converted my MT882 into 880..weired guess....cuz MT880 has only lan port no usb

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
amit2005 said:
i've done every bit repeated resets..n all but ..i guess that firmware upgrade of MT880 has converted my MT882 into 880..weired guess....cuz MT880 has only lan port no usb

Did you try to reset it thru the reset hole , you should have backed up you setings before upgrading to some other modems firmware. Did you try updating again with the proper MT882 firmware?

prasad_den

Padawan
@amit: Check the links for the MT882 firmware I've given above in post#26...!! And the link says that the new firmware is common to both MT880 and MT882.. So probably you have the right firmware...

amit2005

Journeyman
@tarey_g ..yeah i did tried out reset button..no of times...no help..i ididn't get it how cud this be possible tht it's not being picked up by pc..n i forgot to back up

@prasad_den...the link are workin' but hte file format is .bin..thou i changed it to
.xDSL..n tryin' to upgrade it says damage firmware file
any help..i heard tht lan port is faster than usb

i bought Realtek 8139d lan card for 250/- is it worth tht

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
the reset set it back to the factory settings , may be this has nothing to with rolling back the firmware. The reset will just set it to the factory settings of this firmware.

btw , is that Alizee in your Avatar?

amit2005

Journeyman
yeah that's alizee..but hey dude... take deep look at my problem also.....just kiddin'...whta abt tht lan issue i mention in earlier post

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ you got lan card, modem is working , you have a free usb port now . Many reasons to be happy :D . Enjoy dude

off topic : Alizee is wesome . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom