Mobo Suggestions Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I had been to computerwarehouse (in b'lore) to upgrade my PC.
I was suggested the following:
Intel DC 2.5 Ghz E5200 (3450 Rs)
Intel DG 31 PR (3550 Rs)
2GB DDR2 RAM Transcend (1100 Rs)
IBall Cabinet + PSU(400 W) (1700 Rs)

How good is this motherboard. Can anyone suggest a better combo?
My budget is upto Rs 12,000. The total above comes to 10,140 Rs/-
I have all the other peripherals HD/UPS/Monitor etc.

Also, most MoBo's come with 1 IDE interface using which we can connect 2 IDE devices I belive.
But I have 4 IDE devices? Whats the way around?
Which is better ATX or MicroATX ? Which is preferred??

~RKR

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
IBall Cabinet + PSU(400 W) (1700 Rs)
A big no for any type of system- unless you want for system to be fried after some time and waste a lot of AC power.
IDE is ancient now so its about time one shifts to sata especially in this day of age. Also certain updates in windows xp and vista has certain issues in PIO mode, so its pretty obvious microsoft is chucking down any support with IDE devices. You can use those 2-in-1 IDE cables that you get for Rs. 50- Rs. 150 but you would pretty much end up doing changes in IDE/atapi controllers and on bios to get both devices working right.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Psu recommendations are here:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104472
Better off asking your dealer for the price. I would probably consider GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G as an alternate. I wouldn't be comfortable buying this model- southbridge chip doesnt have any heatsink on it and northbridge is way to large. The pros (in your case) is that the intel board that you have chosen have 2 IDE ports.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
DC E5200 2.5GHz - Rs. 3,450
Gigabyte G31 motherboard - Rs. 2,450
2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz Kingston RAM - Rs. 1,900
Zebronics Krish Cabinet - Rs. 1,000
Powersafe Silver 400W - Rs. 1,400

Total - Rs. 11,100

If you are planning on light gaming then add this graphics card:-
Palit HD4670 512MB GDDR3 SUPER - Rs. 5,100

Total - Rs. 16,200

OP
R

Ravi Kiran Rao

Broken In
Ok. I wanted a MoBo with a Internal Graphics Card.
Some other digitians have suggested Gigabyte GA-EG41MF-S2H (5175 Rs/-) along with Intel E7400 @5875/
The ones above are good but a tad expensive, and the form factor is "Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm" That is what I am worried about!
What are the disadvantages of having a smaller form factor??
Which one should be preffered? ATX/MiniATX/MicroATX ??

@Sorcerer, the article on PSU is very good! Is there a way to ensure that forum users reach that article without someone else pointing it out?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Ravi Kiran Rao;1087103@Sorcerer said:
Well someone could sticky it. Either that or someone would either have to bump it or put it in the siggy. I give support to 3-4 forums so its difficult for me at times to get things done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom