mobo dilemma

infern0

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
Plz suggest me a good motherboard around 3 to 3.5k, based on AMD 760G or above chipset and AM3 socket.
thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
The information is in adequate to suggest anything. Please let us know what processor you are planning to plug into it and what kind of Ram you are gonna use, DDR2 or DDR3?

OP
I

infern0

Right off the assembly line
The information is in adequate to suggest anything. Please let us know what processor you are planning to plug into it and what kind of Ram you are gonna use, DDR2 or DDR3?

Thank you Cilus.
Sorry for the incomplete info, but i am gonna use 'AMD Athlon II X2 240' CPU. As far as RAM is concerned, i would definitely go for DDR3 if and only if i can get a 2GB stick under 2.5k (any recommendations??); otherwise i would be using DDR2.

Actually i am tryna build a computer for my office. I intend to do word processing, data entry, web surfing, occasionally play regular audio & video and running some processor intensive applications(as demanding as photoshop cs5 etc). I want my system to be swift overall; it should load applications quickly and must be good enough for multitasking without any hiccups. Since the primary purpose is 'data entry', i need a large monitor able to display atleast 2 windows simultaneously and work comfortably on them; images and text should be crisp and quite comfortable to read, not to mention a good mechanical keyboard for ease of typing and HDD with appreciable read/write speed. I don't need a 'future proof' system.

This is how i have broken down my budget and selected some of the components:

1). CPU & Motherboard - 6000 approx.
(i've selected AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.7k.
Motherboard not decided yet)

2). RAM & HDD - 4000 approx.
(i need 2GB RAM DDR2 or DDR3, HDD capacity should be 160GB
atleast. i've decided to go for Seagate barracuda 500GB 7200
rpm @ 2k
coz 160GB is hard to find in my city and there is only
a minor diffrence b/w the prices of 500, 250 & 320GB HDD)

3). Cabinet & Smps - 1500 approx.
(Zebronics bijli @ 1.5k)

4). Keyboard & Mouse - 1500 approx.
(TVS-E Gold @ 1.2k & Logitech basic mouse @ 300)

5). Monitor - 6200 approx.
(AOC 20 inch wide 2036SA @ 6.2k)

6). Cd/Dvd Drive - 0 (i don't need)

Any suggestions or altenative configurations within the same budget are most welcome. :)

Thank you :)

Last edited:
J

Joker

u mean your budget is 20k for an office pc?? :) (adding everything)

and why go for such an expensive keyboard? not worth.

Cilus

laborare est orare
So your budget is basically 20k for your office PC, right? I'm suggesting you the whole rig rather than only motherboard.

processor: Athlon II X2 245 @ 2.8k
Motherboard: Biostar TA785G A3 @ 3.7k
Ram: Kingston 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 2.1k
HDD: Seagate 500 GB SATA @ 1.7k
Keyboard & Mouse: At your choice @ 0.6k
Display: A.O.C 19" WIDE LCD (1440X900 max) @ 5.5k
Cabinet: any Local Intex or Iball cabinet without SMPS @ 0.8k
PSU: Local 500W/600W PSU from brands like Odessy, Foxxin etc @ 0.6k

total is coming 17.8k. Which means you are having 2.2k left. Now you can either go for your 20" display or you can go for a higher end processor like Athlon II X3 435 2.9GHz @ 3.5k

pegasus

Journeyman
infern0-
Check out ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
Socket AM3, HyperTransport 3.0, 760G chipset, 6x SATA ports, ...
For a rough/approx idea on price (maybe lower while buying)-
Asus M4A78LT-M LE Motherboard

I suggest you avoid cheap PSU that comes with cabinet and buy some decent power supply for safety/reliability.

Top Bottom