Mobile under 10k (With CC + exchange)

DestGod

Journeyman
This is on behalf of another person (as in a relative).

1. Budget?
10k, including any bank offers + exchange on Samsung Galaxy M20 (4+64GB variant- quoted 3k on Samsung's official website).

2. Display type and size?
As their current M20 comes in at 6.4 inches, they would prefer to keep it around that size.

3. Dual sim?
Not necessary.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Only Samsung. Avoiding all BBK mobiles and strictly, no Moto. I'll explain why in a bit.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Not a priority. A 50 MP system should get the job done.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Android - OneUI

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
5G is a must, primarily because they plan on using this mobile for quite a while.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
The bare minimum- Whatsapp, browsing, Youtube and messaging. No gaming or any heavy tasks.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Samsung F23 and M33. Pretty much confirmed the F23, as the latter seems a little overkill for their needs. Additionally, exchange is available for F23, whereas it isn't for the M33 for some reason (M33 doesn't have exchange for the selected pincode, according to Samsung).

10. Any other info that you want to share
The relative's M20 is plagued with ghost touches and vertical lines, up to the point where it's completely unusable. So planning on swapping it for F23/M33.
Now this is a major factor in the buying the mobile, the user is NOT a tech experienced person. Since they're already on OneUI, I suggested that they continue with it and not opt for MIUI or ColorOS or any other Android skin to prevent what confusion they may have in adapting to it. Moto is a no-no as well, due to stock Android (same reason as the last line) and terrible prior experience (Moto G Turbo, which brought quite some troubles).
While I'm aware that 5G rollout has just started and will easily take a couple of years to become mainstream, IMO it would still be better to futureproof their new mobile.

A few doubts-
1. Most probably, they're planning on buying from the official Samsung website, due to it quoting the highest exchange value. I know that it should be easily trustable, but there won't be any mishaps in buying from the them right?
2. The official exchange price for the M20 is 3k. Since it's display is practically gone, by how much would this impact the exchange price?

Top Bottom