utkarsh007

U7karsh
Hi eryone I wanted to buy a mobile phone preferably nokia within the range of Rs. 9,000 with the following specifications:

Touch screen( preferably capacitive)
Wi-fi
GPS ( If possible)
bluetooth
symbian os
Camera above or equal to 2mp
not so bulky

Plz suggest some mobiles if possible with the above specifications.

Gollum

Collector
Check the models you like at univercell.in
I suggest you get galaxy5
You get wifi, 3g, capacitive touch, 2meg camera and android 2.1 for 8.5k
Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 - Full phone specifications
Phone Details - :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

Ps:nokia's symbian is teh suck. I have 5233 and will be shifting to galaxy3apollo

Last edited:
OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
Check the models you like at univercell.in
I suggest you get galaxy5
You get wifi, 3g, capacitive touch, 2meg camera and android 2.1 for 8.5k
Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5 - Full phone specifications
Phone Details - :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

Ps:nokia's symbian is teh suck. I have 5233 and will be shifting to galaxy3apollo

thnx buddy but any suggestions about 5530?

Gollum

Collector
thnx buddy but any suggestions about 5530?

3g is the only plus point. Camera sucks, can't turn off camera sounds. The phone is slow and takes more than 1sec to open the messaging options. Can only play mpeg4 video in hd. It is a total waste of money with a bad resistive touchscreen.
The samsung galaxy5is the best value for money option. Also galaxy has 600mhz cpu and 5230 has a 435mhz cpu. Symbian os is outdated and slow. Android is fast and looks better in all aspects.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Re: Mobile suggessions?

thnx buddy
but can u tell me which is better galaxy or x6 coz i jus saw it and thought to pay more for it

Can you extend your budget for x6???
If yes, then i suggest you go for galaxy 3 rather than x6...

ssb1551

Technomancer
Galaxy 3 hs 3.2" screen wid 240x400 whereas X6 has d same size screen but wid 360x640 resolution.
I think if u aint finicky abt OS(Android or Symbian) then X6 wud b better.Galaxy 3 scores only in Bluetooth 3 otherwise it has crappy cam,screen resolution,no 2ndary cam....many more!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Don't even think of X6. When you can get C6-01 (which is much much much better phone overall) for same price, why bother about X6?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Re: Mobile suggessions?

yeah i can but it should be worth of it. But can you tell me why not X6?

The main reason is: symbian^1 is gonna be history in next one or two months cuz nokia itself is shifing to symbian^3. Thus nokia itself thinks that ^1 is not worth the competition.

X6 is a nice multimedia phone, but its has upperhand only in multimedia department.

* Both are touchscreen phones so the main criteria wud be touch response of the phone. And G3 excels X6 in this, though both hav capacitive touch.
* G3 has android eclairs and soon will be recieving froyo, where x6 has same old symbian^1. Symbian ^1 is not fully touch optimized OS, imagine double tapping an item to further access it.
* G3 has faster CPU and it respond to touch faster as compared to x6.
* G3 hav divx/xvid support and has a very capable video player. X6 is limited to mp4 and 3gp.
* G3 has same connectivity options as X6 has. But G3 has wifi n support which is futuristic feature for faster access.
* G3 hav a great deal of 3rd party apps. Almost every app you can think is in android market from simple music and video players, to some out of league apps which shows lyrics with the songs you are playing and downloading album arts of song.
* G3 browser is far better than the one on X6.
* G3 has multitouch support.
* G3 is cheaper than x6:-D

X6 has upper hand in camera(with flash) but G3 also has a good 3MP(no flash) camera which will suffice to you as you asked for 2MP camera while starting this thread(i think:)).
And about low pixels, it troubles only while viewing small text(which can be zoomed).

PS: I didnt mentioned bluetooth 3 above as G3 or more specifically indian version G3 Apollo dont hav bluetooth 3.

Also please take a look at LG Optimus One(android froyo, good resolution, to be price 13k:) but will be released in few days:-() and C6-01(nokia,symbian^3,faster proccy 8MP camera:) but high price:-()

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
People don't read news these days. Dell launched two new android smart phones called dell xcd28 and xcd32 priced at 11k and 17k both android and what not. Check google for more.

pein137

Right off the assembly line
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
i m planning to buy a mobile with a maximum budget of 15k!!!!!!!ONLY ANDROID OS!!!!!!!!!
please suggest me.......recommecded brands r samsung n sony........
plz reply..........
or shud i wait for 2 or 3 months to get t best cell???????

vishurocks

Journeyman
Hey dude xcd28 has a resistive screen and a xcd 35 is out of his budget

Lg optimus one is a good option. Comes loaded with froyo in about 13k.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
well i thought these dell phones would be nice but they are only a disappointment. Lets just hope more new android phones get launched which are in our budget.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Dude Dell is tryin to diversify their business as stated in Economic Times.The reason is their successive 2nd n 3rd quarterly losses,which goes widout sayin, r huge n hence d diversification into other business.Those products wudn't b tht good.

Gollum

Collector
thank you i hav now bought galaxy 3 and its workin perfectly well

congratulations on your new purchase. Be sure to read the official galaxy 3 thread and post your own review in the same. Link below
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/132879-official-samsung-i5801-thread.html