Mobile phone in 10-15 range

This one is for my friend. Any new mobile coming around ?
I could find only one Dual core phone with ICS in this budget. Need your suggestions.

If we increase his budget any other phones ?

budget increased to 25k

1. Budget? Updated to 25k
2. Display type and size? min 3.5"
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand? No preference
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touch
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. 5MP,AF,Flash
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Andriod
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3G+Wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Phone,Gaming,Listening to Songs
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xperia U
12. Any other info that you want to share None for now

Last edited:

sajo

Broken In
You can also consider the Lenovo P700i.

Lenovo P700 - Full phone specifications

Larger screen, and a whopping 2500mAH battery. Also cheaper than the Xperia U. (~11.5k - 12.5k).

Ahmar

Broken In
is micromax okay for you??? Get this: Micromax Canvas 2 A110 (White) - Buy Micromax Canvas 2 A110 (White) Online at Best Price in India: Comparison, Ratings, Reviews, Specifications of Branded Mobiles: Flipkart.com

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Motorola Droid 3 Dual Core CPU. I have brand new one. Supported both CDMA and GSM sim cards. World Phone. Condition 10/10 plus free accessories. @13800 shipped.

It's rooted and unlocked GSM and CDMA sim works flawless + USSD will work not like other phone like Photon which does not support. And plenty ICS ROM available. My both network are working with Data not like Samsung Duo's phone which only support Data on CDMA or GSM.

sajo

Broken In
But how good is lenovo ?
Anybody used it ?

How good is this compared to Xperia U ?

I have not really used it , but if you are okay with the brand, it offers the following advantages over Xperia U.

- Huge 2500 mAh battery.
- Expandable memory.
- Lower price.
- Larger screen.

Infact , I am too waiting for a decent review of the phone to pop up somewhere so that I can buy one. I admit I was sold on it the moment I read about the 2500 mah battery , rest of the features are just an advantage for me, coming from a non-Smart Nokia.

arx

Broken In
Hi,

Considering your criteria, suitable options:

1. XOLO A700
2. Xperia U
3. Do check out Lenovo P700i, it's new.

Doesn't Xperia U have limited storage? Won't that be a problem considering your needs for music and gaming?

lr7745

Broken In
Review of the Lenovo P700i here. Looks like a decent device with a good build, but question marks over the processor & GPU (same ones as A110 Canvas 2). I think if you can live with the 6gb memory, the Xperia U is the way to go....you can check this out to counter the low storage......

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Instead of Atrix2, check LG L9 at 18k. Keep an eye on adexmart. their price is usually lower than flipkart so if flipkart price it at 18, adexmart or even infibeam may sell it for 17-17.5k

He decided to increase the budget to 25k as he didnt like L9 or Xperia U.

Do we have anything other than these in this range with good features ?
. >> S2
. >> Xperia S
. >> S3 Mini

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i'll vote for Xperia S. Nothing cool about S2, being more than 1.5yr old and S3 Mini is S Advanced with Xperia P like internals. Should be priced at 20k or less.

Top Bottom